Post by devilfluff »

Maybe Lacy?
Jerloma
The Dude

Re: 2013 NFL Draft

Post by Jerloma »

devilfluff wrote:Maybe Lacy?
Nah. Eifert or Jones.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

Hopefully his play is more indicative of future performance than that brutal 40 time...
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

It's all based on 40 time.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

Shit.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:
Johnnie wrote:
The Sybian wrote:Is This Milliner guy special? I'm sure the Jets fans booed the pick regardless.
They just took Sheldon RIchardson. All the Jets fans looked around puzzled. What does that say?
Same. Old. Jets. So basically the Jets have a mediocre, shaky QB with one receiver, no TE and RBs. Seriously, no RBs capable of carrying the ball, and not 1 TE capable of catching the ball. Other than Santonio Holmes who obviously has a lot of talent but is a locker room cancer and had to be benched for causing a fight in the huddle with 1 minute left in the season with the playoffs still on the line, so a character guy. Stephen Hill showed some flashes of talent, but injuries held him to 252 yards as a rookie. So that is the Jets entire offense. Yeah, Rex is going to need to hold opponents to single digits if he wants to win any games this year.

I guess there aren't good RBs coming out this year, huh? But, at least I don't have to root for Teo, unless he makes it into the second round.
But the Jets drafted a hell of a player
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

devilfluff wrote:Hopefully his play is more indicative of future performance than that brutal 40 time...
Precisely.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Oh and he has spinal stenosis. I don't even know what that is but it doesn't sound awesome.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The fact that Fisher went number 1 makes up for the Lions taking a stiff at #5. So tonight is a good night. Fire up Chips!
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote: But the Jets drafted a hell of a player
The DT? He looks really small for a DT. I look at him and think Vernon Ghoulston. I am just jaded and scared off of small D-lineman after that debacle. This offseason is a nightmare for the Jets. They lost half their starters and picked up pretty much nothing in return. I may have to take the season off and focus on Arsenal.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

The Sybian wrote:
The DT? He looks really small for a DT. I look at him and think Vernon Ghoulston. I am just jaded and scared off of small D-lineman after that debacle. This offseason is a nightmare for the Jets. They lost half their starters and picked up pretty much nothing in return. I may have to take the season off and focus on Arsenal.
He's not Gholston. Gholston was a combine kid, ala Mike Mamula.

Richardson can actually play.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:
The only thing that's scary from the Jets perspective is that Richardson is not a 3-4 NT. He's a 3-4 DE, but they're set there, right? So fit may be interesting, but at the same time, it's not like Rex is going to be there in 2014, right?

ETA: As Devilfluff said, Richardson was double teamed like crazy in the SEC and was a freaking beast. He was incredible against Alabama. (Every defensive snap he was in on is below. He's #34.

"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Weatherfrog
Maude Lebowski

Post by Weatherfrog »

Can't believe Vikings passed on both Teo and Patterson. Still, love the guys they got. Floyd was a heck of a value. Rhodes was not supposed to be there at 25.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Weatherfrog wrote:Can't believe Vikings passed on both Teo and Patterson. Still, love the guys they got. Floyd was a heck of a value. Rhodes was not supposed to be there at 25.
Shefter just said they are trying to trade back into the 1st round to get T'eo.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Well this is awkward. Now that the Pats traded out of the 1st round (to Minnesota), they had to run the "Boston Strong" stuff and have Joe Andruzzi talk now.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I guess Manti T'eo's girlfriend is one of Adam Schefter's sources.
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

Khaseem Greene > Alec Ogletree
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

What the fuck?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I told my daughter that if she had been born a boy, we were going to name her Barkevious.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Boston Strong is Detroit Weak.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Very surprised by all the OGs taken tonight.

What is the take on Werner? I am not impressed with the selection. I felt Datone Jones would have fit the scheme better.

Very strange first round. EJ Manuel? Really?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

duff wrote:Very strange first round. EJ Manuel? Really?
The Bills were enamored with his spot on Sports Science earlier in the week, for sure.

Also:

duff
Donny

Post by duff »

So will Bjoern Warner get a tattoo of the face of each qb he sacks?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Rip off of Jimmy Kimmel's skit.

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Jerloma wrote:Oh and he has spinal stenosis. I don't even know what that is but it doesn't sound awesome.
Narrowing of the spinal canal
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Weatherfrog
Maude Lebowski

Post by Weatherfrog »

Glad Vikings got Patterson. Wish they had kept either the 3 or the 4 they gave up, but they still have five picks in a deep draft, so not too upset.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

devilfluff wrote:Sorry Brian.
Sorry? The guy wears 3D glasses to the draft! He's my favorite Lion now.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Yard of Junk
Maude Lebowski

Post by Yard of Junk »

Jerloma wrote:Oh and he has spinal stenosis. I don't even know what that is but it doesn't sound awesome.
Jerloma, I think Steeler fans are going to love Jarvis. His 40 was surprisingly bad, but this guy is a baller. Very high up on most Georgia fans all-time favorite lists. Just seems to be the type that makes huge plays at crucial times. The absolute key to the first back-to-back victories over Florida in 20 years.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

brian wrote:So so proud. This is close as CMU will get to winning a national title. Fire Up Chips!
Again...simmer down.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Yard of Junk wrote:
Jerloma, I think Steeler fans are going to love Jarvis. His 40 was surprisingly bad, but this guy is a baller. Very high up on most Georgia fans all-time favorite lists. Just seems to be the type that makes huge plays at crucial times. The absolute key to the first back-to-back victories over Florida in 20 years.
I think Jones will be a 6-8 year starter for the steelers, who always seem to get a lot out of their linebackers. He is a player. I'm just glad the browns didn't have the opportunity to get Ansah.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

bfj wrote:
devilfluff wrote:Sorry Brian.
Sorry? The guy wears 3D glasses to the draft! He's my favorite Lion now.
More proof that the NCAA's rules are killing athletes ability to live. I mean the kid can't even afford fake trendy glasses. On the other hand he was able to pay for a ticket to a 3d film.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yard of Junk wrote:
Wicked! I feel much better now. Thanks.

Hopefully, he can learn the system quickly because they don't have much at OLB besides Woodley. That right side is his for the taking.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

devilfluff wrote:Shit.
I, too, like the Texans' pick.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

Giff wrote:
devilfluff wrote:Shit.
I, too, like the Texans' pick.
That was the hope deflating out of me after a extreme reach pick...

I like the Texans pick, though.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Fun pictures of the evolution of the NFL Draft
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-evol ... 013-4?op=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

So only one QB drafted and no RBs drafted in the first round. That has to be unprecedented, right? And only 2 or 3 WRs, 1 TE? Lots of Linemen this year.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The disconnect between the national and Detroit media about the Ansah pick is pretty hilarious. The national guys love the pick -- Pete Prisco gave the Lions the only A+. The Detroit media is basically calling him Darko Ansah.
Johnny Hotcakes
Brandt

Post by Johnny Hotcakes »

One of my best friends is a Lions season ticketholder and him and his pals are furious. Not sure why the national media loves it so much. 5th overall is far too early for an extremely raw player with very limited college production (even if he is admittedly a physical freak). At least that's this asshole's opinion.
Popin' ain't easy
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnny Hotcakes wrote:One of my best friends is a Lions season ticketholder and him and his pals are furious. Not sure why the national media loves it so much. 5th overall is far too early for an extremely raw player with very limited college production (even if he is admittedly a physical freak). At least that's this asshole's opinion.
Yeah, no one I know likes the pick. If the Lions were picking later in the first round I wouldn't have had any issue with it -- he could absolutely develop into a beast -- but #5 was way too early. Though I guess at least they didn't trade up to reach like the Dolphins did.