Swamp Fantasy Hockey 2014-2015

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

TheHumanComa
Brandt

Re: Swamp Fantasy Hockey 2014-2015

Post by TheHumanComa »

sancarlos wrote:I don't see a chat box on the site
I had to close a lot of tool bars to see it.
Denis
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Denis »

Giff, I was thinking of Hejduk at the end there, as the guy no longer in the league. That Avs powerplay back then was something else. Sakic, Forsberg, Ozolnish, Tanguay, Hejduk.
TheHumanComa
Brandt

Post by TheHumanComa »

I hate my f'ing team. I bid way too much on my first 3 players, and i didn't even want kessel, i just bid on him to raise the price! But I always end up with him on my team somehow. This time it was dumb bidding. He will get close to 80 points though so i shouldn't be too mad. I have a Montreal heavy team so I guess I'm happy. As long as The Habs do alright.

But I did a draft last year where I took Jonathan Drouin, and he didn't see one game in the NHL. Now I picked him again, not knowing he had a thumb injury.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I didn't do very well which shouldn't be all that surprising given I know shit about hockey. I did know that Alex Tanguay is still in the league though. Take that, THC!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I didn't do that well, either, as I did the same thing as THC - spent too much money too early. But, I did quit bidding in the middle stages, and after Ryan finished his draft, I did the same trick to others that Ryan did to me in past years: vulture pick some players for $2 that were nominated by the guys who only had $1 per player left in their banks. I did feel a bit guilty, but ya do what ya gotta do.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Denis wrote:Giff, I was thinking of Hejduk at the end there, as the guy no longer in the league. That Avs powerplay back then was something else. Sakic, Forsberg, Ozolnish, Tanguay, Hejduk.
I thought that was THC. Either way, steal!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
TheHumanComa
Brandt

Post by TheHumanComa »

Giff wrote:
Denis wrote:Giff, I was thinking of Hejduk at the end there, as the guy no longer in the league. That Avs powerplay back then was something else. Sakic, Forsberg, Ozolnish, Tanguay, Hejduk.
I thought that was THC. Either way, steal!
Nope. not me. I spent all my money on Stamkos, Kessel, and Price, then tried to get players I wanted by nominating them but did not know how Auctions worked and lost all of them! Pretty sure playing against my team will be a win for everyone. I don't even have two starting goalies.... Scrivens might be a starter but he's playing for the Oilers! That team could take a hundred first round draft picks and still not get a good team.
travzilla
Bunny Lebowski

Post by travzilla »

TheHumanComa wrote: Scrivens might be a starter but he's playing for the Oilers! That team could take a hundred first round draft picks and still not get a good team.
funny thing is that i had scrivens queued up to take with my last pick and had $5 left to do it. turned my head to watch the unusually long simpsons opening credits, looked back and saw 1 second left on your scrivens nomination. let out a quality "awfuck"

it's the oilers but he should have a decent save % at least.
TheHumanComa
Brandt

Post by TheHumanComa »

travzilla wrote:
TheHumanComa wrote: Scrivens might be a starter but he's playing for the Oilers! That team could take a hundred first round draft picks and still not get a good team.
funny thing is that i had scrivens queued up to take with my last pick and had $5 left to do it. turned my head to watch the unusually long simpsons opening credits, looked back and saw 1 second left on your scrivens nomination. let out a quality "awfuck"

it's the oilers but he should have a decent save % at least.
good to know. Thanks. But decent save % because opposing teams are ripping mega shots at him and he's standing on his head or decent save % because his defense won't let people through? I already know the answer...
TheHumanComa
Brandt

Post by TheHumanComa »

Damn, shutouts isn't a catagory. Just watched my team get shutout by one of my fantasy goalies.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

TheHumanComa wrote:Damn, shutouts isn't a catagory. Just watched my team get shutout by one of my fantasy goalies.
Edmonton seems shockingly better, all of a sudden.
Denis
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Denis »

Anybody know if this weeks matchup ends as usual, Sunday night or is it extended because of the holiday? In the past the 'matchup' page would have the beginning and end dates but I don't see that anywherez.

I see that the goaltender requirement has been lifted for this week. I assume this means we are ending on time? Would just be nice to know if I need to flood my roster with bozos for Sunday.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Just an fyi - I noticed that Yahoo sez that because of the all-star break, the two calendar weeks from Jan 19 through Feb 1 count as one scoring week for fantasy hockey.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

sancarlos wrote:Just an fyi - I noticed that Yahoo sez that because of the all-star break, the two calendar weeks from Jan 19 through Feb 1 count as one scoring week for fantasy hockey.
Thanks
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Diamond
Maude Lebowski

Post by Diamond »

Psyched to get a shot at the SanCarlos Juggernauts is the finals. 53 points clear of the field in the regular season. Dominant.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

I won my little 8 man league that we do for the second year in a row. Dynasty!
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Diamond wrote:Psyched to get a shot at the SanCarlos Juggernauts is the finals. 53 points clear of the field in the regular season. Dominant.
Ha ha. Yeah, this has been a good year. Lots of things broke the right way. But, I am waiting for my annual fantasy hockey/football step-on-my-dick-in-the-playoffs event, so you certainly might win.