NBA 2014-15 Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Re: NBA 2014-15 Thread

Post by Giff »

Well, my marriage is safe for another few weeks. Spurs and Rockets cannot meet in the first round of the playoffs. If Rockets beat Jazz tomorrow, the Rockets either finish at #2 or they get the 14th pick from New Orleans (as opposed to the 19th if the Pels make the playoffs). I'm assuming OKC beats the Timberwolves, of course.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Pelicans control their own destiny, though. And the last time the brow played a win or go home game not for his country, this happened:

You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

AB_skin_test wrote:Pelicans control their own destiny, though. And the last time the brow played a win or go home game not for his country, this happened:

They do. I'd like them to do just that. I'll take Dallas and NOT GSW in the 2nd round.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Only 2 teams leaguewide have a better intradivisional record than the Celtics. Bring on the Adams Division playoffs!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Quintessential Lakers headline of the year: Lakers' Nick Young finds culprit for abysmal shooting -- the rim
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

AB_skin_test wrote:Pretty nuts:

Curry hits 77 straight threes, and 94 of 100.
That is simply mind-blowing. I'm a decent shooter, but I'm not sure I could hit 77 straight layups.
Totally Kafkaesque
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I made 87 free throws in a row once and I barely knew my dad but I think he was a mechanic.

howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

ridiculous.
Teammate Klay Thompson, who is second in the NBA with 234 made 3s, told ESPN he couldn't believe Curry had made 77 straight and that his own record streak is 36.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I love me some Anthony Davis, but he is hard to understand in interviews.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

It seems to me that this Warriors team is actually flying a little bit under the radar for how great of a season they have had. If they end up winning the title this year, they should go down as one the best teams in NBA history. 67-15 record (39-2 at home), while ranked #1 in defensive efficiency and #2 in offensive efficiency (just barely behind the Clippers). Plus they feature the likely MVP (Curry), DPOY (Green, although Bogut probably deserves some votes too), and Coach of the Year. And to think that their decision to fire Mark Jackson was considered to be pretty controversial at the time.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

If Curry wins MVP, can they just finally rename the award to "Best Regular Season Player"?
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Giff wrote:If Curry wins MVP, can they just finally rename the award to "Best Regular Season Player"?
I don't think Curry winning MVP would be remotely controversial. Obviously everyone would pick LeBron over Curry when starting a team, but you have to consider the fact that Curry played 11 more games than LeBron this year. For that reason, I think the top-3 has to be Curry, Harden and Paul in some order. You could make a statistical case for all three, but voters have always rewarded guys who play on teams that win 65+ games. Which is why I expect Curry to win in a landslide.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Joe K wrote:
Giff wrote:If Curry wins MVP, can they just finally rename the award to "Best Regular Season Player"?
I don't think Curry winning MVP would be remotely controversial. Obviously everyone would pick LeBron over Curry when starting a team, but you have to consider the fact that Curry played 11 more games than LeBron this year. For that reason, I think the top-3 has to be Curry, Harden and Paul in some order. You could make a statistical case for all three, but voters have always rewarded guys who play on teams that win 65+ games. Which is why I expect Curry to win in a landslide.
Yeah, I know why he will, I just don't agree with it. The Rockets just finished #2 with major long-term injuries to four guys who play a major role on that team, winning what turned out to be the best division since 1971 (by winning %, all five teams made playoffs). Either Harden should win MVP or McHale should be COY, IMO.
howard
Karl Hungus

NYPD vs NBA

Post by howard »

My fellow former LatinoSports.com writer, Dave Zirin. Caution: Dave don't do objective, or should I say he doesn't pretend to objectivity in his writing/reporting.

A Police Story Unravels: How Did the NYPD Break an NBA Player’s Leg?
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Yeah, this story is very fishy and if Atlanta had 1) a functional sports media that 2) cared about its NBA team, you might have seen more of an attempt to unwind this. I'm not giving too much credibility to the account of the "source close to Thabo", which is clearly secondhand. But it does seem that the best evidence available to the public so far, the TMZ videos, is not very flattering to the police.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

This is so awesome!

The Knicks offered free food on fan appreciation night to all fans as an apology of sorts for their awful year.

UNLIMITED amounts of food!

Two guys took full advantage of this offer. http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/16/84198 ... -free-food

22:25: We offer the pick of our snacks to each of the homeless people camped on 7th Avenue. Several are happy to accept:

Others have already received so much free food that they turn us away. One guy with a cat sits next to a stack of pizza boxes nearly reaching his head.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

First round:
Warriors in 5
Rockets in 5
Spurs in 6
Grizzlies in 6

Hawks in 5
Cavs in 6
Bucks in 7
Raptors in 6

Second round:
Spurs in 7
Warriors in 4

Hawks in 6
Cavs in 5

Conference Finals:
Spurs in 6
Cavs in 7

Finals:
Cavs in 7
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Too late for a pool?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

To beat GSW in less than 7 games means to win in Oakland twice. That sounds literally impossible.

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Ryan wrote:To beat GSW in less than 7 games means to win in Oakland twice. That sounds literally impossible.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Giff wrote:
Ryan wrote:To beat GSW in less than 7 games means to win in Oakland twice. That sounds literally impossible.
Experience will win out.

And I have a bad feeling about the Raptors. While I didn't watch the Wizards much, I can tell you that this Raps team didn't string together two good games in a row since the All Star break. I hope they were resting Lowry for large chunks of the second half of the season... but I fear he may be at less than full speed. And without him, this team is merely decent.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Pruitt wrote:
And I have a bad feeling about the Raptors. While I didn't watch the Wizards much, I can tell you that this Raps team didn't string together two good games in a row since the All Star break. I hope they were resting Lowry for large chunks of the second half of the season... but I fear he may be at less than full speed. And without him, this team is merely decent.
Man, I hate being right - that Raptors team looked like crap today. And Lowry may as well not have showed up.