EPL 2015-2016

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

EPL 2015-2016

Post by Pruitt »

Might as well get a thread going.

Spurs are cleaning out the garbage and have dumped three of their useless signings from the last couple of years.

Paulinho, Stambouli and Capoue (three midfielders who bring nothing interesting or compelling to the field) are gone.

Signed an Austrian Defender - Kevin Wimmer from FC Koln - Kieran Trippier from Burnley and now it looks like they've signed Toby Alderweireld from Southampton (and Atletico).

If you saw Spurs play regularly last season you would realize just how great Keeper Hugo Loris is - even though Spurs let in more goals than all but 4 teams. The back four was a joke. These are the kinds of buys that will really help this team.

If they could find a second striker, optimism would bloom.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
joeyclams
Maude Lebowski

Re: EPL 2015-2016

Post by joeyclams »

Pruitt wrote:Might as well get a thread going.

Spurs are cleaning out the garbage and have dumped three of their useless signings from the last couple of years.

Paulinho, Stambouli and Capoue (three midfielders who bring nothing interesting or compelling to the field) are gone.

Signed an Austrian Defender - Kevin Wimmer from FC Koln - Kieran Trippier from Burnley and now it looks like they've signed Toby Alderweireld from Southampton (and Atletico).

If you saw Spurs play regularly last season you would realize just how great Keeper Hugo Loris is - even though Spurs let in more goals than all but 4 teams. The back four was a joke. These are the kinds of buys that will really help this team.

If they could find a second striker, optimism would bloom.
Spurs will aways struggle to compete at the highest levels because they always do this: buy and sell a shit-ton of players, give them a year or two, and then do the same. They have no consistency or patience. Coaches come and go. Players are bought and sold. It's the throw shit at the wall and see what sticks mentality. It seems to inflict the EPL teams much more than elsewhere because of all the money.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

But at least they are addressing the main area of need this season.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
joeyclams
Maude Lebowski

Post by joeyclams »

Pruitt wrote:But at least they are addressing the main area of need this season.
Agreed. They definitely need to help out Lloris.
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

I'm excited to see the Eagles make a splash. They look like an up and comer.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I can't find the other thread, so I'll put this here. Just checked in on the Capital One Cuppity Cup Cup, and see Oxlaide-Chamberlain goes off injured at the 5 minute mark, replaced by Walcott, who goes off injured at the 19 minute mark. WTF is going on with all of these injuries? Wenger really needs to figure out a new training plan to avoid all of these leg injuries. Hammies, calf injuries, knees, ankles... Soft tissue injuries are largely avoidable. I don't know what these injuries are, but the numbers of injuries at Arsenal for the past 10+ years are astounding. And as I type this, Sheffield Wednesday go up a goal.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote:I can't find the other thread, so I'll put this here. Just checked in on the Capital One Cuppity Cup Cup, and see Oxlaide-Chamberlain goes off injured at the 5 minute mark, replaced by Walcott, who goes off injured at the 19 minute mark. WTF is going on with all of these injuries? Wenger really needs to figure out a new training plan to avoid all of these leg injuries. Hammies, calf injuries, knees, ankles... Soft tissue injuries are largely avoidable. I don't know what these injuries are, but the numbers of injuries at Arsenal for the past 10+ years are astounding. And as I type this, Sheffield Wednesday go up a goal.
Some top shelf trolling, here.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Holy shit Everton.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:Holy shit Everton.
Roger Bennett must not have watched the game.
-Pruitt
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Anyone following the Chelsea meltdown? They're currently in 15th place with 6 losses in 11 games, it seems like Mourinho has burned most of his remaining bridges, and now he's being sued by former longtime team doctor Eva Carneiro, who resigned after being publicly insulted earlier in the season.

I confess to posting primarily to call attention to the fact that Eva Carneiro is a fucking smoke show. (And she's 42!)

Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

She is an unabashed smoke show.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

govmentchedda wrote:She is an unabashed smoke show.
And a doctor who knows soccer! What a woman.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Anyone following the Chelsea meltdown? They're currently in 15th place with 6 losses in 11 games, it seems like Mourinho has burned most of his remaining bridges, and now he's being sued by former longtime team doctor Eva Carneiro, who resigned after being publicly insulted earlier in the season.

Oh, we are very aware of "Lady Physio."
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

That time of the year...

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:That time of the year...
A popular MiB point, but I just barely register the North London Derby. Tottenham only once threatened finishing in front of Arsenal in my 14 years following Arsenal. I dislike Tottenham, just because they are douchey and I enjoy the schadenfreude of watching Spurs spend a fuckton of money on players that don't pan out, and don't mesh together. Chelsea and ManU are the biggest rivals for me, and I hate Citeh for their outrageous spending and success. I liked City prior to Sheikh Mansour and his trillion dollar family war chest. My Claudio Reyna City jersey was one of my favorites, until enough people recognized the crest and mistook me for a City fan.
-Pruitt