Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Post by The Sybian »

My HS friend turned Evangelical replied to a Ray Comfort post. A speech by some guy that is apparently brilliant in explaining how bigots are preventing Kim Davis from practicing her religion. I avoided the video, but wanted to see sane people respond. Good fucking Lord, the level of of the TRUTH (always capitalized, included in most posts) these people know is insane. Their response to every rational explanation of the law is met with "that is because you are BLIND to the TRUTH that is the Lord Jesus" or some shit. Usually followed by extremely long incoherent babblings. These people are so far beyond the typical Fundamentalists, it is kind of frightening.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

Only because you are BLIND to the TRUTH.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'll just leave this shit here...

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

And the husband. It's like the most Kentucky thing ever...

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

The skirt is grey and aqua.

Jerloma wrote:And the husband. It's like the most Kentucky thing ever...

-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Think Huckabee's people bought that guy those overalls and straw hat? I mean, come fucking on.
Totally Kafkaesque
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

OM....G?

That should be in the "sounds of things falling apart" thread.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

haha
Of the two presidential contenders who attended the rally, it was Mr. Huckabee, making his second White House run, who grabbed the political spotlight. Before Ms. Davis appeared, Mr. Huckabee and Mr. Staver took the stage to tell the crowd, in unison, “Kim Davis is free.”

When Mr. Cruz, who met with Ms. Davis, exited the Carter County Detention Center, a throng of journalists beckoned him toward their microphones, but an aide to Mr. Huckabee blocked the path of the senator, who appeared incredulous.
h/t
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:haha
Of the two presidential contenders who attended the rally, it was Mr. Huckabee, making his second White House run, who grabbed the political spotlight. Before Ms. Davis appeared, Mr. Huckabee and Mr. Staver took the stage to tell the crowd, in unison, “Kim Davis is free.”

When Mr. Cruz, who met with Ms. Davis, exited the Carter County Detention Center, a throng of journalists beckoned him toward their microphones, but an aide to Mr. Huckabee blocked the path of the senator, who appeared incredulous.
h/t
That is so fucking funny. Someone must have video of Cruz getting boxed out. I need to see the look on his smug face.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

sounds like Huckabee is strong on defense. Or rebounding.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Confirmation that Huckabee is a top.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Survivor is pissed...
“The song has motivated thousands through the years to reach beyond their limits. Its use for the release of Kim Davis does not support my views or my politics. I have contacted my publishers to make sure this usage is stopped immediately.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

♫ Its the eye of the tiger
And that tiger's not gay
He believes its one man and one wo-man ♫
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I hate myself sometimes. I clicked on a link yesterday saying Kim Davis was released from jail. I didn't realize it was a link to World News Daily, our old hypenless friend's source for misinformation. While I was there I read the article and comments. Then I did the unthinkable and replied. I got into a continuing debate with a guy calling me an uneducated moron for saying the Supreme Court has the authority to declare a law Unconstitutional. Then he informed me a S.Ct. decision has no influence over any other law or case, it only addresses the parties before the Court in the individual case. Legal precedence is "legal BS" and not real. When the S.Ct. does rule a law Unconstitutional, the law remains good, enforceable law until the legislature rewrites the law. Justices can't write law, yet 5 Justices rewrote the laws on a whim, their opinion and to push their Gay Agenda. I was told that saying this is an equal rights argument is the most moronic thing someone ever heard. My favorite was how some guy was sick of God reigning down plagues and disasters on the US because of people fighting for gay marriage, and another telling me to "look at the facts, the US has become disease ridden!" I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The Sybian wrote:I hate myself sometimes. I clicked on a link yesterday saying Kim Davis was released from jail. I didn't realize it was a link to World News Daily, our old hypenless friend's source for misinformation. While I was there I read the article and comments. Then I did the unthinkable and replied. I got into a continuing debate with a guy calling me an uneducated moron for saying the Supreme Court has the authority to declare a law Unconstitutional. Then he informed me a S.Ct. decision has no influence over any other law or case, it only addresses the parties before the Court in the individual case. Legal precedence is "legal BS" and not real. When the S.Ct. does rule a law Unconstitutional, the law remains good, enforceable law until the legislature rewrites the law. Justices can't write law, yet 5 Justices rewrote the laws on a whim, their opinion and to push their Gay Agenda. I was told that saying this is an equal rights argument is the most moronic thing someone ever heard. My favorite was how some guy was sick of God reigning down plagues and disasters on the US because of people fighting for gay marriage, and another telling me to "look at the facts, the US has become disease ridden!" I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.
Sounds to me like you were arguing with Scalia. Congrats.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You were the dumbest person in that argument by virtue of being aware how dumb you were for being in that argument.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:You were the dumbest person in that argument by virtue of being aware how dumb you were for being in that argument.
Word. I do hope I get a response as to why people want to overturn Roe v. Wade if only applies to Norma McCorvey (the Plaintiff), since the fetus she was prevented from aborting is now 45 years old. I'm sure the response will be that I am an ignorant LibTard blinded by my hatred of Christians.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Tell them you think every woman should be forced to abort her first fetus so that only those serious about being mothers would end up getting pregnant again. Work in the term "do-over".
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Or the term rebirth?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote:I hate myself sometimes. I clicked on a link yesterday saying Kim Davis was released from jail. I didn't realize it was a link to World News Daily, our old hypenless friend's source for misinformation. While I was there I read the article and comments. Then I did the unthinkable and replied. I got into a continuing debate with a guy calling me an uneducated moron for saying the Supreme Court has the authority to declare a law Unconstitutional. Then he informed me a S.Ct. decision has no influence over any other law or case, it only addresses the parties before the Court in the individual case. Legal precedence is "legal BS" and not real. When the S.Ct. does rule a law Unconstitutional, the law remains good, enforceable law until the legislature rewrites the law. Justices can't write law, yet 5 Justices rewrote the laws on a whim, their opinion and to push their Gay Agenda. I was told that saying this is an equal rights argument is the most moronic thing someone ever heard. My favorite was how some guy was sick of God reigning down plagues and disasters on the US because of people fighting for gay marriage, and another telling me to "look at the facts, the US has become disease ridden!" I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.
Yeah, it was a mistake to get involved.

But in my view, the issue isn't really what 5 justices on the Supreme Court can do. It's about what a judge with jurisdiction can do. Just as a Supreme Court decision is (apparently) only binding on the parties, so was the ruling by the federal judge who ordered her to allow marriage licenses to be issued to gays. That is why she went to jail - for disobeying an explicit court order. If her conscience doesn't let her obey it, then fine, but then she can't complain about being jailed.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

The Sybian wrote:
mister d wrote:You were the dumbest person in that argument by virtue of being aware how dumb you were for being in that argument.
Word. I do hope I get a response as to why people want to overturn Roe v. Wade if only applies to Norma McCorvey (the Plaintiff), since the fetus she was prevented from aborting is now 45 years old. I'm sure the response will be that I am an ignorant LibTard blinded by my hatred of Christians.
Just got my response, made the whole thing worth while:
comment section genius wrote:And we're all supposed to believe the blood sucking lawyers.....less than 1% of lawyers are in it for the spirit of the law and constitution....the rest are there for the money. Bragging about law school isn't anything to brag about.. Most are liberal communist law and do not teach the spirit of the constitution.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I would love to take a Spirit of the Constitution course. I wonder if some school offers one online.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

The Sybian wrote:
comment section genius wrote:And we're all supposed to believe the blood sucking lawyers.....less than 1% of lawyers are in it for the spirit of the law and constitution....the rest are there for the money. Bragging about law school isn't anything to brag about.. Most are liberal communist law and do not teach the spirit of the constitution.
Looks like you were arguing with my ex-husband. He'd like you to know he's a member of Mensa, by the way. He'd like everyone to know that.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Hey, I forgot Moreta is a female. The Swamp again is co-ed!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos wrote:Hey, I forgot Moreta is a female. The Swamp again is co-ed!
How do you know it's not a gay dude?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jerloma wrote:
She's talked about being a woman before, at least in previous iterations of the Swamp.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote:Hey, I forgot Moreta is a female.
Just what ever female wants to hear.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

brian wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
She's talked about being a woman before, at least in previous iterations of the Swamp.
They also didn't have gay marriage in Michigan until a couple months ago.
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

I am, in truth, a woman: divorced, remarried, mother of 6, Tiger fan, and eternal optimist. Also,I miss the days when 'female' was used primarily as an adjective and not a noun.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Reddit has a "What if Dr Suess wrote the Bible?" thread. Here's my contribution. John 3:16...

For God he did love his creation so deeply,
He impregnated a girl with Himself rather creepily,

"Finally a plan to get rid of the sin!
Why don't we just kill My next of kin?"
(His next of kin, who was also Him)

How this would work, nobody could tell,
But believe it...believe it...or go to Hell!

You like it.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

This one's for Syb...
“There she flooped after her lovers til her flu-floopers were sore, whose slum-slunkers and blum-bloopers were like those of donkeys and more, and whose emission was like that of the horses next door.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:This one's for Syb...
“There she flooped after her lovers til her flu-floopers were sore, whose slum-slunkers and blum-bloopers were like those of donkeys and more, and whose emission was like that of the horses next door.”
Holy fuck, that needs to be a t-shirt. I thought yours was brilliant, but this wins for being more Suessey.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

These are great.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

mister d wrote:♫ Its the eye of the tiger
And that tiger's not gay
He believes its one man and one wo-man ♫
Omg this is great. ..I'm going to make this happen when I get back next week
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

for J-Lo. According to the source, a French cartoon from 110 years ago, commenting on catholic schools.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Don't get me started. The ginger one returned to school yesterday after missing a week with a concussion. She has some old hag for a science teacher and because I live in North fucking Mississippi, she told the class that whatever they force her to teach about evolution isn't true and that there was a man a long time ago (presumably she was talking about Scopes) who was arrested for teaching evolution in class and that we need to go back to doing that. She then said "I know that we're all Catholics here, but unfortunately some people weren't raised that way."

Needless to say, I am bullshit over this. How are we handling it you ask? Well, the two of us are actually going to see NDT on Thursday night and he usually allows questions at the end and he loves taking questions from kids. If she gets the chance, she's going to tell him about it and ask him what she should do. This is sure to get him fired up so if we can get NDT to call or write a letter to that school, that would be awesome.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nice Dick Tony?
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Nice Dick Tyson. So I've heard.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Ted Haggard was scary as fuck. He gets really creepy around the 4:30 mark. If I was Dawkins, I'd run and get the fuck out of there. So reminiscent of Tom Cruise's psychiatry rant. His move around the 1:30 mark was fucking weird, too. Not hard to imagine him smoking crystal meth and cock.

-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote:Not hard to imagine him smoking crystal meth and cock.
Oh, come on now, Syb. Time to get past it. Jesus already forgave him for that.