Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

BSF21
The Dude

Re: Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Post by BSF21 »

Jerloma wrote:
The Sybian wrote:Not hard to imagine him smoking crystal meth and cock.
Oh, come on now, Syb. Time to get past it. Jesus already forgave him for that.
Had heard this name but never really delved into the guy until about 20 minutes ago.

Of course he's from Indiana. Goddammit.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

In Haggard's defense, Dawkins DID come across as very arrogant there. Granted, he was totally right, but his delivery was condescending.
Totally Kafkaesque
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Banana bread? I guess baklava might have hurt.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

What do you get when you cross a Giants fan and the Catholic Church?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world ... n-nfl-game
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

A musket?

Georgia Schools teaching middle school students that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all worship the same deity but just call him different names. Parents react predictably.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Pruitt wrote:What do you get when you cross a Giants fan and the Catholic Church?

I saw/heard reference to this over the weekend and just assumed it took place in Texas with the fandom of the priest and kid reversed. Yay Jersey!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:What do you get when you cross a Giants fan and the Catholic Church?

when will Catholic's learn to teach their children when a Priest tells you to go into an empty rectory room, Don't go in!

Rectory? Damn near killed him!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Jerloma wrote:A musket?

Georgia Schools teaching middle school students that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all worship the same deity but just call him different names. Parents react predictably.
That's what I learned in religious school taught at a synagogue.

So people want public education to be the same as home schooling? What a cesspool of ignorance.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Pruitt wrote:So people want public education to be the same as home schooling? What a cesspool of ignorance.
This one wants the teacher to call her lawyer because the kid didn't do his homework. It seems easier to just fail him.

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

My wife's mother has two sisters. One is a funny, cynical woman, and the other is a raving lunatic.

The smart one once told my wife (referring to the crazy one) that there is simply no point in arguing with a crazy person.

Which is fine when dealing with a family member. How on earth do these teachers deal with this? Telling these mouth breathers that teaching Christian values is something that they are free to do at home clearly won't work.

The response would probably be along the lines of "I pay my taxes, therefore you teach only what I want you to teach." Think this goes on in France, Finland, Japan etc.?

Excuse the expression, but God help us all.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Has never came home.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:My wife's mother has two sisters. One is a funny, cynical woman, and the other is a raving lunatic.

The smart one once told my wife (referring to the crazy one) that there is simply no point in arguing with a crazy person.

Which is fine when dealing with a family member. How on earth do these teachers deal with this? Telling these mouth breathers that teaching Christian values is something that they are free to do at home clearly won't work.

The response would probably be along the lines of "I pay my taxes, therefore you teach only what I want you to teach." Think this goes on in France, Finland, Japan etc.?

Remaining ignorant makes it a lot easier to hate. Can't have your kids learning about and possibly respektin' Mooslim beliefs. Drives me nuts when people can't tell the difference between learning the history and basis of a religion versus teaching beliefs of the religion as fact, or an equally valid alternative to scientific theory.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote:
Pruitt wrote:My wife's mother has two sisters. One is a funny, cynical woman, and the other is a raving lunatic.

Remaining ignorant makes it a lot easier to hate. Can't have your kids learning about and possibly respektin' Mooslim beliefs. Drives me nuts when people can't tell the difference between learning the history and basis of a religion versus teaching beliefs of the religion as fact, or an equally valid alternative to scientific theory.
Of course, these parents would have no problem whatsoever having their kids learn the Muslim creation story in science class. It's the same one as theirs.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

This past weekend was the Mormon General Conference (and no words will give me the post-Mormon Stress Disorder more than "general conference") and surprise, surprise...they picked 3 new guys for "Quorum of 12"..and they are all 3 white guys from Utah who were business executives.

Some things will never change...
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Who knew Jim Bakker was still alive?

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

ESPN is doing an investigative report on Arian Foster's atheism on Outside the Lines today.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Jerloma wrote:ESPN is doing an investigative report on Arian Foster's atheism on Outside the Lines today.
Are you joking?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I am not.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Their magazine did a profile about him a couple months ago where his atheism was the primary focus.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

That's only fair. We give J-Lo a platform for same.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

And I appreciate it the fuck out of it!
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Apparently a school can cancel Halloween and it's still Christian persecution (via the comments, naturally). At this point we can just throw out all the rules and claim that anything can be anything, no?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote:Apparently a school can cancel Halloween and it's still Christian persecution (via the comments, naturally). At this point we can just throw out all the rules and claim that anything can be anything, no?
I thought the Conservatives hate when people play the victim card. Like when those whiny negros claim the justice system treats them different than whites.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

That company was having problems getting deliveries to the U.S. so they ran an experiment and came up with some not-surprising results.
Thus the ad hoc study: The company says it sent two packages each to 89 people (178 packages total) canvassing nearly every U.S. state — one package with the Atheist-branded tape, one without. And this is where the results suggest something fishy: According to Atheist Shoes, company-branded packages took on average three days longer to reach their destination and were 10 times more likely to disappear outright. An Atheist-branded package sent to Michigan arrived 37 days later than its non-branded companion. What’s more, the company ran a series of “control” tests in Europe which it claims “demonstrate no such bias.”
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I like this guy:
@DougIttner
The people with the company refer to it as a study, so if you have that problem then take it up with them. It's irrelevant that a poorly designed study/experiment (whatever needless semantics you choose to tag on) is statistically significant because it's a poorly designed study from which you can't base conclusions on since the proper variables haven't been accounted for.

Thanks for assuming my ignorance. I have a MS in experimental psychology and work with the USPS so my knowledge on shipping and statistics is sound. You're the one promoting ignorance since you make gross assumptions about a person and conclude the validity of a study based upon your prejudices.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Here's a video of Ray Comfort doing his banana routine with a live audience, obviously well before the more infamous one with Kirk Cameron. It's really weird because even though you know Ray is serious, or at least feigning seriousness, it comes off as a comedy routine. He's not really telling any jokes though. It's as if the audience knows that it's complete and utter bullshit.

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

[quote="rass"]Shop Atheist!

Should I get "Kitten Testicle Grey" or "Das Camel Toe Boot"?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeesh.
“I was able to present a certificate of purity to [my dad] signed by my doctor that my hymen was still intact,” Bowman wrote on her Instagram page along with a photo of her first dance with her old man at the wedding."
I'm telling you, fellas. If you're thinking about your daughters' hymens more than like once ever, you need to check into therapy, because you might be an incestuous pedophile.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I got a ring without giving up my *ting*!
At least she didn't go with the cow/milk metaphor.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Jerloma wrote:Yeesh.
“I was able to present a certificate of purity to [my dad] signed by my doctor that my hymen was still intact,” Bowman wrote on her Instagram page along with a photo of her first dance with her old man at the wedding."
I'm telling you, fellas. If you're thinking about your daughters' hymens more than like once ever, you need to check into therapy, because you might be an incestuous pedophile.
Did she ask her dad his views on oral or anal sex before marriage?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Yeesh.
Did she ask her dad his views on oral or anal sex before marriage?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Scar-Jo reading Deuteronomy. Just trust me on this.

(Any way to embed a soundcloud in here?)
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Let there be wood!
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Jerloma wrote:Scar-Jo reading Deuteronomy. Just trust me on this.

(Any way to embed a soundcloud in here?)

The media tag works. But it looks like this one wants you to go to their site anyway.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Gods graveyard:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty funny.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

God's Not Dead 2 Trailer is out. It's as persecutiony and straw-mannish as you'd imagine and then some.

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

No Sorbo, no Sybian. So this is Fred Thompson's last appearance. Nice. And my 25 year boner for Melissa Joan Hart just died. More fuel to the Christian persecution fire. Super. The War on Christmas starts April 1 next year.
-Pruitt