Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 20 - Divisional Round

Post by Nonlinear FC »

EnochRoot wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:41 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:55 am
EnochRoot wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:53 pm I’m legislating intent. Mahomes tried to get cute and fumbled the ball. QBs getting jacked isn’t really analogous except that it’s why the rule was an incomplete pass.
lol, no he didn't

you can't legislate intent outside the framework of the rules. he made the play he did in that moment because he saw at the last second that the pass he wanted to throw wasn't a good idea with the defenders over the middle and just turfed it instead. please take it from someone who has seen basically every snap Mahomes has played that he does this same move on a not infrequent basis if he realizes at the last second he doesn't want to throw the ball because he knows it'll be an incomplete pass
What I saw was Mahomes lose control of the ball. The rule insists it be an incompletion (and I understand that), but he also fumbled it. That’s my recollection anyway.
That's how I saw it. You could see the "oops" look on his face when it happened. Still the right call, as you said.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Giff wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:21 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:25 am
Reaper wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:13 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:06 am I'm too lazy to look this up. Both Kelce brothers appear to be on an HoF track. Have two brothers ever made the HoF in any major sport when they were on "opposite" sides? I thought the Matthews, but Clay didn't make it. The Waners? Are there multiple Sutters enshrined?
I'm confused on what you mean by opposite sides. Like, in a championship game/series?
No, I meant more like offense vs. defense. Like a forward and a blueliner, or a hitter vs. a pitcher or standout fielder, that sort of thing.
They're both on offense.
Hence my confusion.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.