Premier League 2016/2017 and other Euro League Talk

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Premier League 2016/2017 and other Euro League Talk

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:Is Syb OK?
Because I went into shock that Arsenal actually beat Chelsea in an EPL match for the first time in 6 years? I'm good, thanks.

And now for something completely different:

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

In three straight weeks, Spurs have played Stoke, Sunderland and Middlesbrough which are three of the worst Premier League teams I have ever seen.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Not Big Sam.

Sam Allardyce leaves England job by mutual consent after FA talks – live

guess they didn't buy his explanation

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Well maybe they will hire Bradley if he does not move to Swansea? Also I know Bradley was hot coming out of Egypt and Stabæk, but he missed promotion last year and is only sitting in 7th in France League 2 right now.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

He's right. Jar Jar Binks is a cunt.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Ahem. Pulisic.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

tennbengal wrote:Ahem. Pulisic.
Schurrle did not look happy at him when he shot from the wide flank instead of playing the ball to him moments before. Pulisic looks very fast out on the flank.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Spurs played without 5 starters in Moscow today and thoroughly controlled play - still, a tense 1-0 win.

That Moscow Keeper is pathetic! (Thankfully)
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

wlu_lax6 wrote:
tennbengal wrote:Ahem. Pulisic.
Schurrle did not look happy at him when he shot from the wide flank instead of playing the ball to him moments before. Pulisic looks very fast out on the flank.
Schurrle can go fuck himself.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote:Well maybe they will hire Bradley if he does not move to Swansea? Also I know Bradley was hot coming out of Egypt and Stabæk, but he missed promotion last year and is only sitting in 7th in France League 2 right now.
Kind of surprising Bradley is called a complete unknown in England. I guess they repressed the memory of Bradley winning England's group in South Africa. Maybe the vuvuzela induced tinnitus affected their memory. Would be great to see Bradley in the Prem.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

At San Carlo, the Italian restaurant that doubles as the football world’s meeting room, the names of “bent” football managers tripped off his tongue as easily as the prosecco bubbles popped in his wine glass.

Over the following hours, and during other meetings with undercover Telegraph reporters, Mr Pagliara and two other agents named a total of eight current or recent Premier League managers who they said were known for taking “bungs”, including five they said they had personally paid off.
I hope they call this Bung-gate.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I know its not american but you have to go Bunghazi there, don't you?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote:I know its not american but you have to go Bunghazi there, don't you?
Oh fuck!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Celtic is taking it to City right now. Up 2-1 at home in the 25th minute. The hoops are running at a frantic pace. I've got to think they wear themselves out and lose by a few goals.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Now tied at 2, and Man City's unis look like they're from the University of Florida collection.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Why don't you enjoy some Haterade (because you are a hater) ha ha ha!!!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

mister d wrote:Why don't you enjoy some Haterade (because you are a hater) ha ha ha!!!
I've got money on City!
[+] spoiler
* I am still a hater though.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Hmmm - the holidays ARE coming up not that far from now...

http://www.worldsoccershop.com/shop/bor ... y_RVC11228

ETA- horseshit, item is out of stock. Pulisic too popular. Sad!
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

As cool as that looks, $120 for a soccer shirt? Chinese website, here I come.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Fuck yeah. I already have mine. Hit up the Chinese shop. I went a little nuts with the last order. Got the Pulisic yellow, Ibra Red, Bailly blue, Mascherano home, and a blank red Man U for the missus.

This order came way faster than my last one.

Also, remember to order big, kits are made tight these days.

*couldn't be that I've gained weight
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

howard wrote:As cool as that looks, $120 for a soccer shirt? Chinese website, here I come.
https://www.elmontyouthsoccer.com/franc ... Shirt.html

Here you go, Doc. They carry up to 4XL now! Make sure not to order the "player version," as those are form fitting. I'd order one size larger. I've gotten an XL from this site. It is tight through the shoulders and chest, but I'm confident it is a genuine Puma product.

I want the black Pulisic jersey, but only up to XL. According to the sizing chart, they only fit up to 190 pounds, and I'm not in college anymore.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote:Fuck yeah. I already have mine. Hit up the Chinese shop. I went a little nuts with the last order. Got the Pulisic yellow, Ibra Red, Bailly blue, Mascherano home, and a blank red Man U for the missus.

What site did you use?
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

The Sybian wrote: Here you go, Doc. They carry up to 4XL now!
HEY!

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:Fuck yeah. I already have mine. Hit up the Chinese shop. I went a little nuts with the last order. Got the Pulisic yellow, Ibra Red, Bailly blue, Mascherano home, and a blank red Man U for the missus.

What site did you use?
Elmont
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Rashford's shot off the bar in the 1st half could have killed someone if they got in front of it. That thing was moving. And how about Rooney's duff turning into the winner.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Didn't really know where to put this, but did you soccer guys know that Ralph Krueger, the chairman of Southampton FC,just coached Team Europe to a second place finish in the World Cup of Hockey? From his wiki:
He was head coach of the Swiss men's national ice hockey team from the 1997–98 season until the end of the XXI Olympic Winter Games in 2010 and the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League (NHL) during the 2012–13 season.[1]

In 2014, Krueger shifted from hockey to the world of association football, to become director of English Premier League team Southampton.[2][3] On March 12, 2014, Krueger was appointed the chairman of Southampton F.C.[4]

He is also known for his involvement in the World Economic Forum, where since 2011 he has been a Member, Global Agenda Council on New Models of Leadership.[5]
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Vardy's game day nutrition is very Vardy
http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/09 ... resso-book
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote:Didn't really know where to put this, but did you soccer guys know that Ralph Krueger, the chairman of Southampton FC,just coached Team Europe to a second place finish in the World Cup of Hockey? From his wiki:
He was head coach of the Swiss men's national ice hockey team from the 1997–98 season until the end of the XXI Olympic Winter Games in 2010 and the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League (NHL) during the 2012–13 season.[1]

In 2014, Krueger shifted from hockey to the world of association football, to become director of English Premier League team Southampton.[2][3] On March 12, 2014, Krueger was appointed the chairman of Southampton F.C.[4]

He is also known for his involvement in the World Economic Forum, where since 2011 he has been a Member, Global Agenda Council on New Models of Leadership.[5]
What is the deal with the continent teams? In North America a mix of US and Canadian players not good enough for USA or Canada?
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote:Vardy's game day nutrition is very Vardy
http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/09 ... resso-book
Before anyone comments, keep in mind: Chat shit, get banged. You've been warned.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote:
sancarlos wrote:Didn't really know where to put this, but did you soccer guys know that Ralph Krueger, the chairman of Southampton FC,just coached Team Europe to a second place finish in the World Cup of Hockey? From his wiki:

What is the deal with the continent teams? In North America a mix of US and Canadian players not good enough for USA or Canada?
Team NA wasn't really players not good enough for USA or Canada, as McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Gaudreau, would have had a real shot at their country's teams. It was the best players age 23 and younger as of 10/1/16 from Canada and U.S., and it was glorious to see. Remember how much fun 3 on 3 hockey was at the very beginning of the season last year? That was Team NA all the time in this tournament.

Team Europe was made up of players from countries not represented already (Finland, Sweden, Russia, Czechia). It was made up of Germans, French, Danes, Slovaks, Slovenes, Swiss, Austrians, Norwegians, and Italians.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Team NA wasn't really players not good enough for USA or Canada, as McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Gaudreau, would have had a real shot at their country's teams. It was the best players age 23 and younger as of 10/1/16 from Canada and U.S., and it was glorious to see. Remember how much fun 3 on 3 hockey was at the very beginning of the season last year? That was Team NA all the time in this tournament.

Team Europe was made up of players from countries not represented already (Finland, Sweden, Russia, Czechia). It was made up of Germans, French, Danes, Slovaks, Slovenes, Swiss, Austrians, Norwegians, and Italians.
Very interesting idea, so the US and Canada were prohibited from selecting players 23 or under? Were the Fins, Swedes etc... allowed to select kids?

What is this 3 on 3 you speak of? I haven't followed hockey since college, so I have no clue. I really wish I did follow the NHL, hockey was my #1 sport through HS. I tried to watch a few games, but not knowing who any of the players are really takes away from the game. Watching the Isles, I subconsciously see the players' numbers, and think they are the same guys who played in the 1990s. It was too confusing seeing Mick Vukota with skills and speed, and the goalie not wearing Glenn Healy's old school player helmet with cage.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote:
govmentchedda wrote: Team NA wasn't really players not good enough for USA or Canada, as McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Gaudreau, would have had a real shot at their country's teams. It was the best players age 23 and younger as of 10/1/16 from Canada and U.S., and it was glorious to see. Remember how much fun 3 on 3 hockey was at the very beginning of the season last year? That was Team NA all the time in this tournament.

Very interesting idea, so the US and Canada were prohibited from selecting players 23 or under? Were the Fins, Swedes etc... allowed to select kids?

What is this 3 on 3 you speak of? I haven't followed hockey since college, so I have no clue. I really wish I did follow the NHL, hockey was my #1 sport through HS. I tried to watch a few games, but not knowing who any of the players are really takes away from the game. Watching the Isles, I subconsciously see the players' numbers, and think they are the same guys who played in the 1990s. It was too confusing seeing Mick Vukota with skills and speed, and the goalie not wearing Glenn Healy's old school player helmet with cage.
3 on 3 is the new rule for OT in hockey. It was sort of like hockey on crack, especially at the beginning of the season, when teams overcommitted offensively and it led to end to end action.

Regarding team selection, I think the US and Canada were prohibited from picking U23s. The Europeans did not have that requirement, as recent #2 pick Patrik Laine played (quite well) for Finland.
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

govmentchedda wrote:
The Sybian wrote:

3 on 3 is the new rule for OT in hockey. It was sort of like hockey on crack, especially at the beginning of the season, when teams overcommitted offensively and it led to end to end action.

Regarding team selection, I think the US and Canada were prohibited from picking U23s. The Europeans did not have that requirement, as recent #2 pick Patrik Laine played (quite well) for Finland.
woo a soccer thread turned into the hockey thread!

Here is the full North America vs Sweden OT

Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

If you want to get excited for, and then depressed about, hockey. Watch every second of Team North America. So entertaining, yet will likely never happen again.
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

govmentchedda wrote:If you want to get excited for, and then depressed about, hockey. Watch every second of Team North America. So entertaining, yet will likely never happen again.
I'm predicting this format stays. The NHL loves it.
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Spurs dominated against City today. That was a hell of a great 7 days for Tottenham.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Picked a good one to not watch.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote:Picked a good one to not watch.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Everything is coming up Pruitt today...