College Football - September 2017

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: College Football - September 2017

Post by govmentchedda »

Nonlinear FC wrote:Well, if we're talking about FL, we're talking about a fan base that got used to Spurrier and then Urban Meyer. So even though the talent pipeline into that school has never really wavered, they are seeing what happens when a mediocre coaching staff presides... Shit ain't pretty.

/MI fan that lived through the dying days of the Carr era and the clustefuck of RichRod and the malaise of Hoke.
//MI fan who sees other idiot M fans bitching about Harbaugh. STFU, know your (very) recent history assholes.

Yeah, Gator fans got pretty damned spoiled, beginning in the early 90's.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Nonlinear FC wrote:Well, if we're talking about FL, we're talking about a fan base that got used to Spurrier and then Urban Meyer. So even though the talent pipeline into that school has never really wavered, they are seeing what happens when a mediocre coaching staff presides... Shit ain't pretty.

/MI fan that lived through the dying days of the Carr era and the clustefuck of RichRod and the malaise of Hoke.
//MI fan who sees other idiot M fans bitching about Harbaugh. STFU, know your (very) recent history assholes.

I live on the other end of the spectrum, dealing with local media and fans who can't enjoy beating #2 Clemson for ten minutes (literally at worst, the third-biggest win for a school that has played football since 1889) without going to the "Dino Babers is going to leave us for a bigger school." Call it a differently irrational fanbase.

I get that McElwain's successes weren't aesthetically pleasing and not as successful as other coaches at the school, but irrational expectations are never good (I have posts about Ben Howland at UCLA laying around here somewhere, so this isn't an SEC football-specific complaint).
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Hey, it's another installation of the annual prime time TV event that never delivers.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Rex wrote:Hey, it's another installation of the annual prime time TV event that never delivers.

CBS' games have been absolute dogs this year save for Florida and Tennessee. And while that game was weird and fun and bizarre, it's also in the context of both teams being bad.

The network has to be counting massively on Auburn and Georgia delivering a good game on Saturday.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer