2019 NHL Playoffs

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

Post by Rams Fanny »

brian wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:00 pm As long as the NHL feels bad, that's all that matters.

If the League want to show they're sorry, they should not give Furlatt or O'Halloran any more playoff assignments this year. The refs don't need to lose their jobs, but do need to sit as long as the consequence of their actions.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Rams Fanny wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:18 pm
brian wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:00 pm As long as the NHL feels bad, that's all that matters.

If the League want to show they're sorry, they should not give Furlatt or O'Halloran any more playoff assignments this year. The refs don't need to lose their jobs, but do need to sit as long as the consequence of their actions.
They are done for the playoffs. Not assigned for round 2 and they're definitely not getting anything for the games that really, really matter.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The refs who did Game 2 of Bruins/Leafs are done for the season as well.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 pmGiven all his injuries that have limited his production, I'm not certain Erik Karlsson returns to the Sharks next season. But, I'm very glad we have him, now. (This post aged well).
I think the market for him is going to end up a lot softer than expected, due to both injury concerns and the fact that some GMs probably still underrate his play.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

brian wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:19 pm
Rams Fanny wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:18 pm

They are done for the playoffs. Not assigned for round 2 and they're definitely not getting anything for the games that really, really matter.
Not for nothing, but this is a HUGE deal to the refs. This may seem like small solace, but I used to work with a guy whose side gig was being the lawyer/adviser for the MLB umpires. Getting this level of public reprimand is about as deep as a cut as it goes.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

!!!

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I mean they’re not gonna admit every win for the rest of the playoffs has an asterisk next to it.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:15 pm I mean they’re not gonna admit every win for the rest of the playoffs has an asterisk next to it.
Just like the Game 2 asterisk Vegas conceded.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Sharks fans are just like Trump fans. When you think might be capable of dignity, humility, self-reflection or self-awareness they always go in the other direction and they love to spread fake news to make themselves feel better* even though they know the rest of the world knows they’re idiots.

*- The NHL issued no apology nor did they at any time acknowledge the call in question in Game 2 was wrong. DeBoer’s pussy-ass whining about also wanting an apology after the series was classic Trump.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Hmmm. Let’s look at the facts. Brian has a history of shitting on other cities (Cleveland, Green Bay, Boston...), but when somebody ragged on Detroit’s flaws he got butthurt and played the victim. When Patriot fans bitched about the NFL being “against” them, nobody ripped them louder than Brian. But that doesn’t stop him from playing the victim and whining many times that the NFL was against the Lions. I’ve listened pretty quietly to his many putdowns of the Sharks ever since the rivalry started. But he gets adversity and push back and the schoolyard behavior returns once again.

Hmm, a bully who attacks more than anybody else, but cries he’s a victim whenever things don’t go his way. Who does that sound like? Trump? Brian? Both?

The Hockey News’ take
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Honestly, the passion in this thread makes me wish I actually still followed hockey closely instead of stopping in the early 2000s. Gonna hop feet first onto the Blues bandwagon so that I can hopefully go to war with people later this postseason. Watch out Sharks and Bruins fans!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

No suspension. Hate that little fucker.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

govmentchedda wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 am No suspension. Hate that little fucker.
Columbus should find out from the league exactly what the penalty on the ice should have been, knowing its not a supplemental call, and back pocket it. Nothing else is going to stop him.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sooo good ...

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

mister d wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:08 pm Sooo good ...

Glorious
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Well, the Final Four is now set. Bring on the Blues!

I think Colorado is going to be tough next season. Cale Makar stepped out of the NCAA and into the NHL with no problem. Next season's rookie of the year, I predict.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

sancarlos wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:28 pm Well, the Final Four is now set. Bring on the Blues!

I think Colorado is going to be tough next season. Cale Makar stepped out of the NCAA and into the NHL with no problem. Next season's rookie of the year, I predict.
Should be a good rematch of the 2016 West Finals. I’ve been seeing tons of people wearing Blues gear lately so people here seem really excited about this run. I have zero hockey analysis to offer but I hope the Blues keep winning so that the bar scene is fun here in late May/early June.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Thornton over Boston would be ideal, Boston would be worst case. And I'll never see Cale Makar and think "Canadian". Just doesn't work.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Beautiful goal. The old Peter Forsberg move.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

My extremely bandwagon Blues fan take is that San Jose has been bribing the refs with Bitcoin this postseason.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Joe K wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 am My extremely bandwagon Blues fan take is that San Jose has been bribing the refs with Bitcoin this postseason.
Ha ha. The hand pass rule is strange. The puck was falling down into Meier. He clearly knocked it down, but not clearly in any other player's specific direction. (He tried to hit it with his own stick.) So, it is hard for me to say it was a hand pass (not that I"m objective).

I like the Blues. Solid team. I think another seven game series is coming, here.
Last edited by sancarlos on Thu May 16, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

sancarlos wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:52 am
Joe K wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 am My extremely bandwagon Blues fan take is that San Jose has been bribing the refs with Bitcoin this postseason.
Ha ha. The hand pass rule is strange. The puck was falling down into Meier. He clearly knocked it down, but not clearly in any other player's specific direction.
It was a great pass. Does he get credit for an assist?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

EdRomero wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:07 am
sancarlos wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:52 am
Ha ha. The hand pass rule is strange. The puck was falling down into Meier. He clearly knocked it down, but not clearly in any other player's specific direction.
It was a great pass. Does he get credit for an assist?
He did.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I think if I’m being honest if Vegas hasn’t gotten fucked they probably would have lost to the Blues this round. They struggled against STL all year.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Joe K wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:21 am
sancarlos wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:28 pm Well, the Final Four is now set. Bring on the Blues!

Should be a good rematch of the 2016 West Finals. I’ve been seeing tons of people wearing Blues gear lately so people here seem really excited about this run. I have zero hockey analysis to offer but I hope the Blues keep winning so that the bar scene is fun here in late May/early June.
Congratulations on the Blues winning the West, Joe. The Blues are going to be tough to beat in the Finals.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

sancarlos wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 pm
Joe K wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:21 am

Congratulations on the Blues winning the West, Joe. The Blues are going to be tough to beat in the Finals.
I hope so. I think the Bruins will be tough. I lived in Boston for the first half of this decade and the Bruins were the team I watched the most then. I don’t know much about their newer guys but Bergeron was a great player (and I assume still is?) and the Blues will need to keep his line from doing too much damage. Also, I liked Tuukka because he was a good player but didn’t seem to be a raging asshole like Tim Thomas.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Bottom of page 2. You guys are sad.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Bruins looked really good yesterday. From the moment after St. Louis scored their second goal, Boston dominated the game.

(aside - I watched the game with a friend visiting from England - the guy was really enjoying it. But I had to laugh at one thing. When he expressed shock that St. Louis pulled their goaltender, I explained the concept. He then exclaimed, "I get that, but the fourth quarter hasn't even started!".)
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This thread was buried. I’m at my company afteroarty and I can confirm the mood on the ground is exuberant to exceptionally exuberant.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

BFIH
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Glad the awesome block by Krejci at the end of the second didn't really matter.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Still Bruins in 7, but I believe the Cam Neely GIF is now actually more prized than the Stanley Cup. I'd use it daily if I was like Johnnie or something.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

If the Bruins don't win the Cup, I think we'll be hearing about that non-call for quite awhile.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I really like them +250.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Really weird the ref didn't see that slew foot. Insanely out in the open, right on the puck (as opposed to way off the play.)

That said, the Bruins were getting way too many PP opportunities in this series until Berube spoke up. I don't care if B fans don't like it, the fact is the refs were calling a number of bullshit ticky-tacky stuff in the neutral zone.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.