Super Bowl XLVIII

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Super Bowl XLVIII

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Yeah, most of the blowouts mentioned above were games in which the winner was significantly favored coming in. You'd probably have to go back to Raiders-Redskins (83/84) for the last time a team that was favored, or was at least seen as having an even chance, unraveled so completely.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Yeah, most of the blowouts mentioned above were games in which the winner was significantly favored coming in. You'd probably have to go back to Raiders-Redskins (83/84) for the last time a team that was favored, or was at least seen as having an even chance, unraveled so completely.
I'm just going from memory, but I think the Broncos were favored over the Redskins when they got beat pretty bad in the mid-80s.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The rumored numbers from Vegas:

Super Bowl handle was $119.4 million and books won $19.7 million. Both records.

(The onslaught of Denver money meant the books badly needed Seattle to win. Supposedly, the sharps and the squares were both riding Denver pretty hard which rarely happens.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

And Floyd Mayweather is now denying that he bet $10.4 MM on the Broncos.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Keg wrote:And Floyd Mayweather is now denying that he bet $10.4 MM on the Broncos.
I thought that rumor had been disproven?
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Sabo wrote:
Keg wrote:And Floyd Mayweather is now denying that he bet $10.4 MM on the Broncos.
I thought that rumor had been disproven?
Yeah, that had been debunked as long as Thursday or Friday of last week. He says he didn't make any bet on the game, which who knows. I don't think even Mayweather is crazy enough to bet $10M. For starters he would have had to spread that action around to about 10 different books and that's assuming they even wanted the $1M risk. He regularly bets at the M Resort south of town which supposedly has his action capped at $1M per bet. I don't think any book in town even the LVH Superbook would sweat more than $2M.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

I avoid twitter on the weekends, so I missed any proof that he didnt make the bet. I only saw him denying it after the Broncos got stomped.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Well...that was a fun evening. As I said on FB, I'm pretty sure the viewing party I was at set a record for High Fivin' White Guys.

I just couldn't believe a) how bad the Broncos played. By the 2nd quarter they just looked like they didn't want to be there anymore, and b) how great the Hawks played, especially the defense. Yes, they've been great all year, but that was a whole new level last night. What really stood out to me was how they just did not miss tackles. And they just punish people. Want to send your WR's on 5 yard shallow crossing patterns? Ok, but here comes Kam Chancellor to knock you on your ass. And the D Line played outstanding. Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril were bulldozing the Denver O-line. Those guys made themselves some money last night.