Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Really kicks in the second half of the segment when one of Lou's guests suggests that all religions should have been included in the zombie nativity scene.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:
Really kicks in the second half of the segment when one of Lou's guests suggests that all religions should have been included in the zombie nativity scene.
I thought she may have been sarcastic, making fun of Liberals for wanting all religions publicly acknowledged if one is. She didn't sound sarcastic though. Absolutely loved the Easter comment, Dobbs must have been so pissed the other dude said that. I constantly hear the Right bitching about political correctness, yet when someone says or does something not PC wrt Christianity, watch out. For once, the comments were actually reasonable.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Sometimes, God's will needs a helping hand.

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/3 ... headline-1
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote:Sometimes, God's will needs a helping hand.

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/3 ... headline-1
Wasn't this a plotline in The Sopranos? With the son-in-law who didn't want to divorce and lose his interest in his wife's family's hotel?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Some guy made a joke on Facebook making fun of the whole thing where you can like and share something and that will send prayers towards it. This dog has received over 2 million prayers, so far.

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I need a breakdown of "like because its funny" and "like because you're the type of idiot who likes this".
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I don't have those numbers and I'm sure it's a fair portion of the likes. Thing is, if I thought it was funny (which I do), I would never share it at the risk of people on my feed thinking "Holy fuck...that's so obviously a dog with a piece of ham on it's face you fucking idiot."

10 prayers for a share though! That's tough to pass up.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Then you need better friends.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:I need a breakdown of "like because its funny" and "like because you're the type of idiot who likes this".
I've had this pop up in my feed 3 times, all sharing the joke that people believe this shit.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:Then you need better friends.
I need smarter friends for sure.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

So this is Pat Robertson admitting he is gay, right? He said it's perfectly normal to be attracted to and have crushes on people of the same gender, but when you get older (referring to an 18 yo), "you sort that out." Umm, no Pat. If you are 18 and sexually attracted to someone of the same gender, you are gay or bi. I love the advice, "if she gets wrapped up in that lifestyle, she may never get out of it." I completely understand now how people believe it's a "lifestyle choice." If you were legit bi, and chose to repress your same-sex attractions, I guess it really can be a "lifestyle choice."

-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Old Pat looks like he's going to be called to a summit meeting with his lord and saviour some time in the not too distant future.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

So you know that drinking game Never Have I Ever? Someone made a card game out of it..."The Game of Bad Decisions."
Don't worry, what may have seemed like a terrible idea at the time now earns you points and makes you a winner.
So the cards are stuff like "Have you ever stolen money from your parents, Have you ever lied about pulling out, Have you ever roofied someone." Because it's all fun until someone admits to rape.

Anyway, among all of this is "Have you ever been an atheist?"

P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

How does one lie about pulling out? Pretty sure she can tell.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

HUSBAND
PASTOR
WRESTLER
HERO

h/t
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I think I'd rather watch the Jack Black version (which was based on real life which was based on a movie).
Totally Kafkaesque
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I saw the trailer for that movie last night at the theatre (we went to see The Big Short). It looks magnificently horrible.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Because if it said "Never have I ever been a Jew or a Christian or a Buddhist or a Mexican or a Negro or a Homosexual or a Pats Fan," you'd all be indignantly wondering how they thought that was a good idea.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Just try to make it to the end. Trust me.

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Of course the girl is the irrepressible harlot.
Totally Kafkaesque
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I did appreciate the homage to Toonces.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote:I did appreciate the homage to Toonces.
Thought the same thing. I was waiting for the explosion. Was this the inspiration for the movie Crash? The Spader one. The girl orgasmed as they crashed.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

84 year old woman who just lost her husband receives this nice letter from her church kindly informing her that she won't be getting buried with him and she's probably going to hell unless she starts eating some Jesus again.

Explain to me again how this isn't a cult?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

goexhume dot com

(and the church promises they sent the wrong letter, so no harm, right?)
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Paul Ryan dropping some insane ignorance at the National Prayer Breakfast this morning...
This breakfast is a national tradition because prayer is a part of our national heritage. It goes all the way back to the Declaration of Independence. We believe that our rights come from God. And our job, as office holders, is to protect those rights. So it is only natural that we should ask for his guidance as we seek to do his will.

I’ve noticed a growing impatience, though, with prayer in our culture these days. You see it in the papers, or you see it on Twitter. When people we say we’re praying for someone or something, the attitude in some quarters these days is, “Don’t just pray – do something about it!”

Thing is, when you are praying, you are doing something about it. You are revealing the presence of God. Whenever people are in grief, or even when they’re about to start some great undertaking, they feel the worst pain of all: they feel alone. How am I going to get through this? Why is this happening to me? My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

That is why there is nothing more comforting or more humbling, really, than to hear someone say, I’m praying for you. Because when you hear that, you realize you’re not alone. God is there. And hundreds if not thousands if not millions of people are all speaking to him on your behalf. They’re not praying for some abstract notion, they’re praying for you, the person.

You know it says a lot about our country that people of both parties and all faiths will drop everything and pray for their fellow Americans. What it says is we believe in the dignity of the individual, of the human person. And that is why prayer should always come first. All Americans believe this.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Paul Ryan of course can go fuck himself.

Not a new thought here, but it is unbelievable that the dominant and domineering religion in the country, the one whose primacy has NEVER been in doubt is filled with so many whiners who play the victim card over and over again.

The front runner for the nomination of one of only two parties in the country has said that a man who doesn't start his day on his knees praying is not fit to lead the country. And he's leading!

In most places, talk like that would get you relegated to 8th place or to the leadership of a fringe party. And these people still like to portray themselves as a persecuted minority. It just simply boggles the mind and makes me wish that Jesus parents didn't tell him that he was adopted.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Pruitt wrote:Paul Ryan of course can go fuck himself.
All Canadians believe this.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The irony of course is that they spout all of this nonsense about religious freedom being under attack at a National Prayer Breakfast that's being funded by what's supposed to be a secular government.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:The irony of course is that they spout all of this nonsense about religious freedom being under attack at a National Prayer Breakfast that's being funded by what's supposed to be a secular government.
But Obama walks into one mosque, and he is a traitor and dividing the country because of his callous actions. Then again, he was criticised for singing in a church, because it was a predominantly black church. But, call that racism or bigotry, and you are trampling over their rights to say what they believe.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Well, a Christian finally won a lawsuit for being discriminated against for actually being a Christian. As she should have too! Check out this insanity...
Ms. Paquette.

I do not understand the purpose of your application considering you do not meet the minimum requirements that are clearly outlined on our web site.

Additionally, considering you were involved with Trinity Western University, I should mention that, unlike Trinity Western University, we embrace diversity, and the right of people to sleep with or marry whoever they want, and this is reflected within some of our staff and management. In addition, the Norse background of most of the guys at the management level means that we are not a Christian organization, and most of us actually see Christianity as having destroyed our culture, tradition, and way of life.
I do not understand the purpose of your response considering where I attended University and my religious belief should have nothing to do with whether or not I meet your company requirements.

God Bless,

Bethany Paquette
… “God Bless” is very offensive to me, and yet another sign of your attempts to impose your religious views on me. I do not want to be blessed by some guy who was conceived by a whore, outside of marriage, and whom has been the very reason for the most horrendous abuses and human right violations in the history of the human race. If I was to meet the guy, I’d actually fuck him.
I can't tell if I hate this guy or want to party with him. Anyway, not sure that Viking advocates should be claiming the moral high ground wrt "human right violations in the history of the human race."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Boston Catholic school basketball fans shout "You Killed Jesus" at other school's fans that has a large Jewish contingent.

Can someone explain to me how accusing someone of killing or being complicit in Jesus execution is supposed to be an act of contempt? The Jews, Judas, Pilate, Herod, The Sanhedrin...whoever it may be, if they are responsible for this execution then they are just pawns in a predetermined event and if you believe that theology, they are heroes; not villains. Forget Christmas...why not have a holiday for Pontius mother effin' Pilate. That guy ordered the execution that in turn saved billions of souls from unimaginable eternal torture. Deify him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Jerloma wrote:Boston Catholic school basketball fans shout "You Killed Jesus" at other school's fans that has a large Jewish contingent.

Can someone explain to me how accusing someone of killing or being complicit in Jesus execution is supposed to be an act of contempt? The Jews, Judas, Pilate, Herod, The Sanhedrin...whoever it may be, if they are responsible for this execution then they are just pawns in a predetermined event and if you believe that theology, they are heroes; not villains. Forget Christmas...why not have a holiday for Pontius mother effin' Pilate. That guy ordered the execution that in turn saved billions of souls from unimaginable eternal torture. Deify him.
But for Jews, that chant has nasty echoes - Easter time was pogrom season all through eastern Europe as Jews were hunted down as retribution for the alleged act of killing one of their own.

Throughout the centuries, the killing of Jesus has been the excuse for many, many nasty events.

This is terrible -
Catholic Memorial won the game 77-73.
But, at least Newton covered.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:Boston Catholic school basketball fans shout "You Killed Jesus" at other school's fans that has a large Jewish contingent.

Always wondered about that. First, I thought the Romans/Pilot killed Jesus. Is it because Judas betrayed Jesus that the Jews get a bum rap? Echo the rest of what you said, except the Sanhedrin. Don't know that part of the story.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

It's been suggested that Judas is actually the real sacrifice...the true savior. If his betraying/identifying Jesus was essential for this execution, he's spending an eternity in hell for it while Jesus didn't even actually die.

The blaming the Jews thing was because a small group of Jews condemned Jesus and demanded his death from Pilate. As Pruitt pointed out, their descendants would pay for this in horrible ways.

It's especially horrifying when you take into account that none of these events probably ever even happened.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…