Re: NCAA FB 2023

Post by rass »

Yeah, that was for you.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Man.. This Mel Tucker thing... It's just fucking weird, man. I don't want to get myself in trouble, but there's something about this story that doesn't really add up.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Not used to buffs/beavers being good at the same time and now tix are like $200 instead of $35?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:03 pm Man.. This Mel Tucker thing... It's just fucking weird, man. I don't want to get myself in trouble, but there's something about this story that doesn't really add up.
I have weird vibes about it, too.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

You guys can't say that and then just leave it. I haven't paid much attention but I thought coaches were allowed to try and fuck people who aren't their employees.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:03 pm Man.. This Mel Tucker thing... It's just fucking weird, man. I don't want to get myself in trouble, but there's something about this story that doesn't really add up.
Can you elaborate on what about the story is bothering you? I mean, I don't think a sexual assault advocate is making her story up or has any reason to help MSU get out of a dumb contract.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:24 pm
Can you elaborate on what about the story is bothering you? I mean, I don't think a sexual assault advocate is making her story up or has any reason to help MSU get out of a dumb contract.
I think she deserves to be believed and hope that investigation plays out assuming as much, but I fear that any type of consensual relationship makes it that much harder for the complaint to be taken as seriously. It sucks, but it's a version of "she was asking for it" which is and always has been horrible, but it also has fucking worked for people.

I read a long form article on Tracy (probably same as a lot of you), and based of that I would 100% agree that she wouldn't be making her story up, because that's such a big part of how victims get marginalized. That the two versions are so drastically different makes it that much harder to prove much.

Here's what I will say that may count as a "but": if you're in a relationship with someone and they start doing something over the phone you don't like...hang the fuck up. Because unfortunately that is more ammunition for the "she didn't have a problem with it" crowd.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I don't want to get lumped in with the Clay Travis' of the world, so I'll just say the story has evolved and the context of their relationship makes this a complicated story. AB put it quite well so I'll leave it at that.

(Keeping in mind that my initial contact with this story was a rather hyperbolic post on a MI sports message board.)
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That last line is the one that even progressive people (not saying you AB) seem to grasp last. "Why didn't this person respond in the way I think they should have" is an argument I have atleast once a year. Like I found out when my wife and a few friends went out last weekend that the last time one of the women in their group was at the place they went, she was talking to a couple of (divorced local) dads and one of them later slapped her on the ass. She's married and was offended, but "why didn't she report them to the owners" or "why didn't she leave" or worse is such an easy thing to say if you wanted to doubt or diminish her story. Not everything has to be reported, especially right at the moment and double especially if there are substances involved, but the reaction doesn't inherently provide clarity to the event.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Yeah, I don't have any issue with the timing of things. And to reiterate, she wasn't the one that put this out there publicly. (And an MSU Trustee is calling for an investigation into the leak, which I think is important.)

Another weird (to me) wrinkly that's being slightly under-reported is that the Title IX violation isn't the phone call. It's Tucker canceling a scheduled visit, which is seen as harassment or retaliation because she is out $$ due to the cancelation. Tucker claims, both at once, that it was due to a scheduling trip and then later it comes out that he was mad at her for talking disparagingly about his marriage? But Tucker and his wife have been estranged for "a very long time."

Which, again, it's just a weird story with more bubbling below the surface.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Appreciate the title ix info but this is a overzealous need to ejaculate issue. A request for phone sex is allowed if they don't work for you. And is there some reason a woman should sue because you tried to do so? I could see disgusted at your garbage game and complete disinterest in the reason for the phone call. Answer is don't try to fuck sexual assault advocates. Dude gonna try his luck at the feminist society too?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

HaulCitgo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:26 pmA request for phone sex is allowed if they don't work for you.
I don't think this is valid if he had the ability to cancel her contract with the university.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Hear you but civil rights laws are limited in scope. Employment and housing mostly. I get it title ix is based on federal grantmaking, student loans but bordering on too much maybe. And I think you're right morally... don't treat anyone like trash but see that through. Anytime you engage in sexual activity with someone who contracts with your employer then you face termination and liability? In a college town that could be a lot of folks. Truth be damned... not gonna question a sexual assault advocate about sexual stuff so we keep the money we owe you.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:02 pm That last line is the one that even progressive people (not saying you AB) seem to grasp last. "Why didn't this person respond in the way I think they should have" is an argument I have atleast once a year. Like I found out when my wife and a few friends went out last weekend that the last time one of the women in their group was at the place they went, she was talking to a couple of (divorced local) dads and one of them later slapped her on the ass. She's married and was offended, but "why didn't she report them to the owners" or "why didn't she leave" or worse is such an easy thing to say if you wanted to doubt or diminish her story. Not everything has to be reported, especially right at the moment and double especially if there are substances involved, but the reaction doesn't inherently provide clarity to the event.
I think a stunned "is this happening"/"what is he doing"/"did that really just happen" reaction also creates a very embarrassing circumstance which is difficult to remove oneself from to the point where simply doing that is an achievement.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

There’s a top college player named “Michael Penix Jr.”?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

These officials keep fucking Syracuse. Kind of what being a Lions fan is like when it feels like 18 against 11
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

This Colorado/Colorado State game has been nuts.
- pick six
- halfback pass TD
- fumble return touchdown

Only halfway through the 1st quarter.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

OMG I can’t believe Purdue called TO after having their pants pulled down like that. I’m gonna continue to fade these fuckers every chance I get.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I can’t wait for Deion to get to a level where he fails and believe it he will fail. Even football gods like Spurrier, Meyer and Saban failed spectacularly.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nuh-uh he’s gonna go undefeated until he retires.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Legends or not, no one wanted to play for those guys. They do because of the programs they built but Spurrier and meyer in particular youd have to defy family safety rules to let your kid sign up. Guys will want to play for deion if he gets a program rolling. Mothers know who deion is before he starts recruiting their son. Individuals of course but big difference in a black man recruiting their son and a white man sending a black man to recruit their son. Theres still an absolutely shocking lack of black head coaches in cfb and basically none with any legacy of success at a high level. And James Franklin has seemed like a shithead since he started commenting on wags and he's half white which has been a requirement for black success in America cause light skin black guys are less intimidating to white folks and their kids are cuter. And no matter how white your wife that don't work either. He seems to be on top of nil. He seems to be hiring great staff. Eventually the shtick will get old but by then he may not need it. So long as he gets these guys into the first round the football factory will be open... I just dont think he wants to run it.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

BeckyHammon’s hoodie wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:44 pm These officials keep fucking Syracuse. Kind of what being a Lions fan is like when it feels like 18 against 11
Guessing this post was talking about the fumble touched by a Purdue player who was out of bounds. If so, rules are rules.

Besides, I can assure you that the Dino Babers era at Syracuse includes regular self-inflicted wounds, mostly via penalty.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:48 am
BeckyHammon’s hoodie wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:44 pm These officials keep fucking Syracuse. Kind of what being a Lions fan is like when it feels like 18 against 11
Guessing this post was talking about the fumble touched by a Purdue player who was out of bounds. If so, rules are rules.

Besides, I can assure you that the Dino Babers era at Syracuse includes regular self-inflicted wounds, mostly via penalty.
There was that but also another sketchy call but in the end it mattered not (I’m not convinced there was evidence the Purdue player touched that ball)
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I REALLY wanted to put this in the proud parenting thread where Syb mention WFAN, but it's more appropriate here. Hilarity from the Mad Dog and Co.

Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That's the first time I've ever seen a video or audio clip of Mad Dog that didn't make him sound like a complete asshole.
Totally Kafkaesque
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:56 pm That's the first time I've ever seen a video or audio clip of Mad Dog that didn't make him sound like a complete asshole.
Already drunk and/or high?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Who you got in the 2024 Pac-2 title game tomorrow?

(I like the Beavers, literally and figuratively.)
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

BeckyHammon’s hoodie wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:30 pm Who you got in the 2024 Pac-2 title game tomorrow?

(I like the Beavers, literally and figuratively.)
Ironic that the teams in the PAC-12 as a whole are looking better than they have in years, just before it implodes. Washington State and Oregon State both looking good.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Hope Oregon hangs 70 on Deion today.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Such a hater.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

govmentchedda wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:46 pm Such a hater.
Halfway there at halftime!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I replied to one of Spencer Hall's tweets about the Syracuse-Army game and got quote-tweeted by him and Bill Connelly.

Thanks to the Orange for averting tragedy and leaving it as a possibility for next week when Clemson comes to town.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

BeckyHammon’s hoodie wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:11 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:46 pm Such a hater.
Halfway there at halftime!
I just love when a hype train goes off the rails.

ETA: Just heard the quote from the Oregon coach - "we're not fighting for clicks; we're fighting for wins." Great stuff.
Canadian International
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Says the coach of the greatest example of a program hyping everything they could to eventually start winning
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yeah, I knew the haters would come out of the woodwork when Colorado got beat. I know Brian and Pruitt aren’t in this camp but a lot of the haters online display some dog whistle behavior.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

The announcer talking about how great Deion is as a coach with the camera on him and the crowd chanting overrated was a nice touch
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Part of the problem is not Deion’s fault but the media hype is so overwhelming out of the gate. Maybe give the guy a season or two (at the FBS level) before deciding how good of a coach he is.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Big upset in Mobile as Central Michigan overthrows the USA.