Post by Ryan »

How can you tell?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
howard
Karl Hungus

Re: 2016 Presidential Race

Post by howard »

sancarlos wrote:Looks like the Clintons can dog whistle, too. Perhaps portending a move to the right to attract Republican voters?
The Clintons don't move a fucking millimeter left or right. Their rhetoric moves. IOW, they change their lies from right to left. And people fall for it.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

could go a lot of threads but...
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

"A pilot will be shot first." May I humbly suggest what to shoot second?

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

So it's going to be a show where she takes the role of a judge? To show her audience how much better it would be if, instead of highly educated and vetted professionals, the courts were run by a good ole hockey mom just like them?
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

And the first step toward Chief Justice Sarah Louise Palin

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

howard wrote:And the first step toward Chief Justice Sarah Louise Palin
that would have been a great troll move by Barry O. Nominate Palin for the SC to see what Republicans would say.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Brontoburglar wrote:
that would have been a great troll move by Barry O. Nominate Palin for the SC to see what Republicans would say.
Um. They would have approved her before he got the words out.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I was flipping AM stations the other day (looking for NCAA games, I swear!) and heard some local rightwingBlowhard saying that he wants to see a non-lawyer appointed to the Supreme Court, because the law shouldn't be so complicated that an average person can't understand it. And then he compared the number of pages in the tax code to the number of pages in the Bible.

So so so stupid....
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
I was flipping AM stations the other day (looking for NCAA games, I swear!) and heard some local rightwingBlowhard saying that he wants to see a non-lawyer appointed to the Supreme Court, because the law shouldn't be so complicated that an average person can't understand it. And then he compared the number of pages in the tax code to the number of pages in the Bible.

So so so stupid....
We should simplify the Bible, so we don't need 35,000 denominations of Christianity, all with the perfect understanding of "God's Word." Some people don't get the concept that just because they can't understand something doesn't mean it isn't real. And FFS, you aren't entitled to an opinion on something that is factually demonstrable.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I hope Mike Judge has a Bible-ocracy in the works.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

The Sybian wrote:We should simplify the Bible…
You could start by cutting that whole part that follows:
The book of the generation
of Jesus Christ, the son of
David, the son of Abraham.
~Matthew 1:1

ETA: but leave this verse:

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:

So so so stupid....
We should simplify the Bible, so we don't need 35,000 denominations of Christianity, all with the perfect understanding of "God's Word." Some people don't get the concept that just because they can't understand something doesn't mean it isn't real. And FFS, you aren't entitled to an opinion on something that is factually demonstrable.
WOMEN AREN'T REAL?!?!?!?
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Scorching hot takes from Obama:
As far as the notion of having surveillance of neighborhoods where Muslims are present, I just left a country that engages in that kind of neighborhood surveillance, which, by the way, the father of Sen. Cruz escaped for America, the land of the free.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I never realized this when I lived there, but Arizona has some serious voter disenfranchisement. People waited in line for 5 hours to vote. And some that waited that long were told that they weren't registered properly. How the fuck can the federal government allow such a clusterfuck? Oh wait, we still vote for president on a fucking Tuesday in November. Nevermind.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Johnnie wrote:I never realized this when I lived there, but Arizona has some serious voter disenfranchisement. People waited in line for 5 hours to vote. And some that waited that long were told that they weren't registered properly. How the fuck can the federal government allow such a clusterfuck? Oh wait, we still vote for president on a fucking Tuesday in November. Nevermind.
Because the election was run by the state of Arizona?
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

The federal government could run elections. Or they could, like, have a commission to regulate the state-run elections, they could call it something like the Federal Election Commission. And a bunch of laws and acts, like regulating voting rights as protected/administered by states. (They had one in 1964. and in 1965. Because earlier, a bunch of states didn't let a bunch of folks vote, until the federal government used its power to make the states run elections differently.)

However, in a lot of states, the state has little or nothing to do with the primary presidential process. It is a matter for the Democratic and Republican parties. Who have their own agendas, not necessary democratic or even republican agendas.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian wrote:Scorching hot takes from Obama:
As far as the notion of having surveillance of neighborhoods where Muslims are present, I just left a country that engages in that kind of neighborhood surveillance, which, by the way, the father of Sen. Cruz escaped for America, the land of the free.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Ah, the Obama administration NSA, which does not surveil neighborhoods selectively. They just surveil everyone. They don't discriminate. What a fucking joke.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

This is an interesting take on Trump's act. Sure, it is a blog post by the guy who writes the Dilbert cartoons, but it makes sense. Says Trump is intentionally saying stupid shit like a magician using misdirection.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote:This is an interesting take on Trump's act. Sure, it is a blog post by the guy who writes the Dilbert cartoons, but it makes sense. Says Trump is intentionally saying stupid shit like a magician using misdirection.
But, that's not really a new take, right? Lots of people have noted that he doesn't want to talk policy, so he waves shiny objects at everyone, instead.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote:
The Sybian wrote:This is an interesting take on Trump's act. Sure, it is a blog post by the guy who writes the Dilbert cartoons, but it makes sense. Says Trump is intentionally saying stupid shit like a magician using misdirection.
But, that's not really a new take, right? Lots of people have noted that he doesn't want to talk policy, so he waves shiny objects at everyone, instead.
I felt the blog went beyond just avoiding policies. The anchor and focusing past the deal (discussing color of the car) were interesting. Probably standard techniques for sales people, and good things to know when dealing with sales people. Makes me think about reading The Art of the Deal, which I hear is the second greatest book after the Bible.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Trump also said he thinks Mexico should pay for the fence, which made most people scoff. But if your neighbor’s pit bull keeps escaping and eating your rosebushes, you tell the neighbor to pay for his own fence or you will shoot his dog next time you see it. Telling a neighbor to build his own wall for your benefit is not crazy talk. And I actually think Trump could pull it off.

Yeah that's totally similar.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

In a related story...damn, I miss La Pita.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Weird thought earlier ... there's a sub-section of people, different for each of the four major candidates, who could not be convinced that Trump/Cruz/Hillary/Sanders died of natural causes if they died tomorrow of natural causes. Like the evidence could be beyond overwhelming and they would flat out refuse to believe that person was capable of dying from non-murder.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Johnnie wrote:How the fuck can the federal government allow such a clusterfuck? Oh wait, we still vote for president on a fucking Tuesday in November. Nevermind.
American elections ranked worst among Western democracies. Here’s why.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote:Weird thought earlier ... there's a sub-section of people, different for each of the four major candidates, who could not be convinced that Trump/Cruz/Hillary/Sanders died of natural causes if they died tomorrow of natural causes. Like the evidence could be beyond overwhelming and they would flat out refuse to believe that person was capable of dying from non-murder.
You mean like the people who are convinced that Obama had Andrew Brietbart killed?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
mister d wrote:Weird thought earlier ... there's a sub-section of people, different for each of the four major candidates, who could not be convinced that Trump/Cruz/Hillary/Sanders died of natural causes if they died tomorrow of natural causes. Like the evidence could be beyond overwhelming and they would flat out refuse to believe that person was capable of dying from non-murder.
You mean like the people who are convinced that Obama had Andrew Brietbart killed?
Or Scalia....
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This is interesting, but unlikely:

The GOP's nuclear option: how Trump could be denied the nomination even with a majority

In the article you learn (or maybe you already knew) that Ted Kennedy tried that tactic in 1980. That's not shocking at all.

I'm just hoping that Cleveland hosts a massive riot-ready-to-happen where everyone is armed and this nuclear option is detonated. And if the blood splatters look like comic sans font, all the better.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

What I wouldn't give ...
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'm just blown away that Cruz got five women who aren't his wife to sleep with him.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

mister d wrote:What I wouldn't give ...
…to have the pistol and ammo concession

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Jerloma wrote:I'm just blown away that Cruz got five women who aren't his wife to sleep with him.
I can't believe he got six women, including his wife, to sleep with him.

While this story may/probably/likely be true (oh please please please Baby Jesus), this has got classic RatFucker written all over it, and Trump has a long standing relationship with lots of folks at the Nation Enquirer.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

When its against Cruz, you can take a step back and really appreciate what a completely unapologetic piece of shit Trump is.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote:When its against Cruz, you can take a step back and really appreciate what a completely unapologetic piece of shit Trump is.
And to have it come out on Good Friday? I salute the absolute evilness of the timing.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Is this even looking the least bit true? Seems like a sensationalized story upon first glance.

I just want it to be true.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'm not even reading beyond the headlines because I want it to be true and don't want to introduce any logical doubt.

(ETA: Any more logical doubt, beyond the whole "Ted Cruz + penis + women" deal.)