Random Videos

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Scottie
Donny

Re: Random Videos

Post by Scottie »

bfj wrote:
Scottie wrote:Yeah, they certainly have nothing on the Chris Bermans and Bill Simmonses and Dan Shaughnessyes of the world.
I'm sorry. Was any of that clip remotely funny to you?
Yes. And I've been packing up an entire house and still manage to be in a decent mood. Thing is . . . they've been doing Sports Center/Desk/Nite for years; they've been great, occasionally brilliant, and I'd bet the farm that you have no idea who they are and that you have never seen them in action.

Sportsdesk summation shows are mine-laden grounds, difficult terrain. At least those two have done something innovatively unique with it. Friendly irreverence minus arrogance. America will hopefully welcome that breath of fresh air.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I thoguht it was funny. They're different, and don't take themselves too seriously. An update on the widely regarded Patrick-Olbermann stuff.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

AB_skin_test wrote:I thoguht it was funny. They're different, and don't take themselves too seriously. An update on the widely regarded Patrick-Olbermann stuff.

Agreed.

I haven't watched Sportscenter for any extended period of time for probably 5 or 6 years. It's boring as hell and if I want to watch highlights of something, I'll get online.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Scottie wrote:
bfj wrote:
Scottie wrote:Yeah, they certainly have nothing on the Chris Bermans and Bill Simmonses and Dan Shaughnessyes of the world.
I'm sorry. Was any of that clip remotely funny to you?
Yes. And I've been packing up an entire house and still manage to be in a decent mood. Thing is . . . they've been doing Sports Center/Desk/Nite for years; they've been great, occasionally brilliant, and I'd bet the farm that you have no idea who they are and that you have never seen them in action.

Sportsdesk summation shows are mine-laden grounds, difficult terrain. At least those two have done something innovatively unique with it. Friendly irreverence minus arrogance. America will hopefully welcome that breath of fresh air.
I'm in a fine mood. Glad you are also. No, I've never seen them before, or seen them in action. What I have just seen didn't do it for me. I'm sort of surprised that you found humor in it. I don't care for shtick like that, or Berman, or Stu Scott. It feels very forced. Like a morning zoo DJ. To each his own.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This is blowing up the internet right now. Just a scary mix of everything. So, so sad.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Johnnie wrote:This is blowing up the internet right now. Just a scary mix of everything. So, so sad.
That guy should feel responsible for getting his own dog shot. I watched an extended version of this on Reddit last night. The dog owner pulled up to a SWAT team situation, with music blaring. He proceeds to get out of his car, start shouting at the police about how there are no African American cops there and video taping the situation. He isn't there to observe and video the scene, he is putting himself in the scene. When he goes to put the dog in the car, he doesn't close the window so the dog can't get out. The officers tried to grab the dog's leash once or twice, but the dog tries to bite the officer on the leg and on the hand. It is sad that the dog got shot, but this turns into an Internet FUCK THE COPS sort of thing and that isn't how I see it. Maybe the cops could have let the guy out of the cuffs to go secure his dog again, but they're in a tense situation already and shouldn't have to deal with this kind of ridiculousness.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I agree.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

fuck the police.

I've had enough of this crap.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

WHY THE FUCK DID I WATCH THAT?
mini puke to 1,558
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

bfj wrote:I'm in a fine mood. Glad you are also. No, I've never seen them before, or seen them in action. What I have just seen didn't do it for me. I'm sort of surprised that you found humor in it. I don't care for shtick like that, or Berman, or Stu Scott. It feels very forced. Like a morning zoo DJ. To each his own.
That clip montage is a few seconds picked out of years and shown out of real context, often dated and out of time. The trombone vuvu bit was hilarious during the horrible South African World Cup. Unrealistic to expect true comedic resonance years later. Those guys are real time, not historic.

Anyway, they're good. As far as a generally crappy medium goes. Beauty born of its own despair. Don't care? Don't tune in.

"shtick" is a Yiddish word that perhaps means "gimmick" in English. But "shtick", and all of its negative phonetic sound, also implies "worn out". None of that is true in the case of those two guys. They're actually pretty good; the large majority, by far, of what they do is unscripted and they are highly adept at fucking each other up while on air; they legitimately seek ways to throw each other off during broadcasts. On a wasteland of photocopied hi-lite reels, they at least inject some refreshingly non-hipster wit.
HDO45331
Brandt

Post by HDO45331 »

bfj wrote:
Johnnie wrote:This is blowing up the internet right now. Just a scary mix of everything. So, so sad.
That guy should feel responsible for getting his own dog shot. I watched an extended version of this on Reddit last night. The dog owner pulled up to a SWAT team situation, with music blaring. He proceeds to get out of his car, start shouting at the police about how there are no African American cops there and video taping the situation. He isn't there to observe and video the scene, he is putting himself in the scene. When he goes to put the dog in the car, he doesn't close the window so the dog can't get out. The officers tried to grab the dog's leash once or twice, but the dog tries to bite the officer on the leg and on the hand. It is sad that the dog got shot, but this turns into an Internet FUCK THE COPS sort of thing and that isn't how I see it. Maybe the cops could have let the guy out of the cuffs to go secure his dog again, but they're in a tense situation already and shouldn't have to deal with this kind of ridiculousness.
What did he do to get arrested?
It's the sixth version of The Swamp. What could possibly go wrong?
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Scottie wrote: On a wasteland of photocopied hi-lite reels, they at least inject some refreshingly non-hipster wit.
What are they going to be on? I'd love to see a highlight show that doesn't have a Coors Light this and Budweiser that separating LeBron stories (I don't really care much about the NBA since they stopped wearing actual shorts.)
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Rush2112 wrote:
Scottie wrote: On a wasteland of photocopied hi-lite reels, they at least inject some refreshingly non-hipster wit.
What are they going to be on? I'd love to see a highlight show that doesn't have a Coors Light this and Budweiser that separating LeBron stories (I don't really care much about the NBA since they stopped wearing actual shorts.)
Fox Sports 1.

Or some such environs.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

One these segments includes a recreation of something that happened to HDO at the Great Swamp Golf Outing of July 2009-ish.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The ultimate golf fail.

The commentary is priceless.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

rass wrote:
HOT DOGS!

phenomenal.

eta: i'd love to watch a video of the lumineers watching this.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
Yard of Junk
Maude Lebowski

Post by Yard of Junk »

Happy Fourth!

Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

rass wrote:
Damn...was just coming here to post this....awesome video....
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Oddly enough, I just watched that while sitting on a sofa in Cambridge. That's not exactly how we've been getting around town, but considering the twisty little streets and infrequent use of street signs indicating where you are, I can see the attraction.
Totally Kafkaesque
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Well probably not for me, Max, or the Canucks...

but Neil looks like he could be starting on the blue line for the Owen Sound Greys with that mullet (or an extra in Star Trek.)

ETA: noticed the drum stick spins are the same as the excellent VW add of last year.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

real?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Never ending dirt bike pile-up:

h/t
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That was great. It was like ants crossing a river. Eventually enough bikes would fall in there that the later guys could ride across the bodies of their predecessors.
Totally Kafkaesque
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

it reminded me of the sarlacc pit at the fetal stage.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I stopped being a gamer around the time I enlisted. But this might bring me back in. Grand Theft Auto V. Does this game look amazing or what?

(Also has anyone ever noticed that this franchise and The Price Is Right share the same font?)

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Lil Dicky's new video:

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:Lil Dicky's new video:

My name ain't Charles, but I pack Wood, son. Some great lines in there. Reminds me of the late great GPJ.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
elflaco
Brandt

Post by elflaco »

you want lyrics? turn on the cc on the video.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Resourceful impala...

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Worst. Chevy. Commercial. Ever.
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

The Sybian wrote:bear safety tips
Courtesy of Deadspin:

mini puke to 1,558
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

Stevie Wonder + Metallica = ???????!!?!?!?!!??

mini puke to 1,558
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

kranepool wrote:Stevie Wonder + Metallica = ???????!!?!?!?!!??

Incredible. And thus the band In Living Color was born. But seriously, it's incredible how well that merged. I'd buy that track.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote:Incredible. And thus the band In Living Color was born. But seriously, it's incredible how well that merged. I'd buy that track.
You know, it really does sound like Cult of Personality. If I was into music and could figure out how to be a Computer DJ, I'd probably overlay that track with In Living Colour's to see how well it lines up. I bet it does without issue.

I mean, just searching "mash-up" on YouTube will yield lots of cool tracks. I remember hearing a Biggie Smalls/Miley Cyrus Party and Bullshit in the USA track and actually bumping my head to it. It's weird how it all mixes well together.

On that same note (pun!), I remember posting this a long while back. Axis of Awesome proving that basically all mainstream pop hits are the same song.

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The guy who does the voice of Winnie the Pooh doing Darth Vader in the scene with Princess Leah at the beginning of Star Wars.

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Tremendous...

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »