MLB Postseason 2022: ‘Stros vs. Phightins

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: MLB Postseason 2022: ‘Stros vs. Phightins

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Fucking hate this motherfucker …

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Re: MLB Postseason 2022

Post by Reaper »

cerranoredux wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:26 pm
Reaper wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:00 pm
cerranoredux wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:29 pm Just looked it up and both Old Original Nick’s Roast Beef and John’s Roast Pork are closed on Sunday, goddamnit. With Jim’s out of commission after the fire, it looks like we’re gonna try Angelo’s Pizza for a cheese steak, and if the line’s too long, we’ll head over to Tony Luke’s or whatever the fuck they’re calling themselves these days.

Also gonna see if my Dad is willing to head up early to watch the NUFC game in the pub but he might not go for it. Could be a really fun day, or a long torturous day. Either way, there will be beer, so I got that going for me.

Which is nice.
If you were willing to go to South St for Jim's, Ishkabibble's is not a bad substitute.
I will look into this. I know I’ve heard the name but never looked it up. There might be an option if we leave from Ventnor to stop at Henri Hotts BBQ in Hammantin on the way up if he doesn’t want to see the NUFC match. Mike’s BBQ opens at 12 and that place has got it going on.I’m loving this 2:30 Sunday start!
Unless it's in another thread that I missed, I'm kinda worried about not hearing about last Sunday from Cerrano. Can't imagine what it was like being there for that game. Oh, and the ultimate cheesesteak choice.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Reaper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:50 pm
cerranoredux wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:29 pm Just looked it up and both Old Original Nick’s Roast Beef and John’s Roast Pork are closed on Sunday, goddamnit. With Jim’s out of commission after the fire, it looks like we’re gonna try Angelo’s Pizza for a cheese steak, and if the line’s too long, we’ll head over to Tony Luke’s or whatever the fuck they’re calling themselves these days.

Also gonna see if my Dad is willing to head up early to watch the NUFC game in the pub but he might not go for it. Could be a really fun day, or a long torturous day. Either way, there will be beer, so I got that going for me.

Which is nice.
If you were willing to go to South St for Jim's, Ishkabibble's is not a bad substitute.
I will look into this. I know I’ve heard the name but never looked it up. There might be an option if we leave from Ventnor to stop at Henri Hotts BBQ in Hammantin on the way up if he doesn’t want to see the NUFC match. Mike’s BBQ opens at 12 and that place has got it going on.I’m loving this 2:30 Sunday start!
Unless it's in another thread that I missed, I'm kinda worried about not hearing about last Sunday from Cerrano. Can't imagine what it was like being there for that game. Oh, and the ultimate cheesesteak choice.
It shook. The building literally shook. It was was a singular experience. Not because of the Phillies, but because I was in this moment with my dad and my brother and 40,000 plus fans, living the fantasy of being in a place where we all got to experience something collectively euphoric.

The night before the game, I got to have Chinese takeout dinner with my brother and parents (without spouses and kids) like it was 1987. We don’t always get along, but whatever. It was surreal and comforting at the same time. After that experience, hugging my dad and brother in the stands of CPB while celebrating THAT home run was as close as I’ve felt to home in a long long while. That’s what that game means to me. I won’t be too upset if Phightins don’t go all the way this year. I got my moment.

Never made it to Ishkabibble, unfortunately. Beer, crab dip and subs in the parking lot sufficed.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

It literally just hit me that Joe Buck isn't doing the World Series. I just assumed!
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

HOLEEEEE SHIT. That ad.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

the ww3 one? just insane
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Brontoburglar wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:23 pm the ww3 one? just insane
Between the message, the voiceover and the graphics...just wow.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

A_B wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:28 pm
i wasn't paying attention and it made me look up because I was like "is this a video game ad?" when I heard "world war iii" and ... it was not.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Everyone, especially pitchers, look so damp in 4K.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

First thing I think of when I see Gurriel on tv.

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

As soon as I saw Dan Iassogna was doing this series, I groaned. Good thing they have replay. I haven't been able to stand him since he threw Victorino out of a game when he threw up his hands at a call ... from out in center field.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

That might be all the run support the best pitcher of his generation needs.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

brian wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:12 pm That might be all the run support the best pitcher of his generation needs.
Or not.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

cerranoredux wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:33 pm
brian wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:12 pm That might be all the run support the best pitcher of his generation needs.
Or not.
There's a Kershaw isn't pitching joke here, but my heart isn't in it. Verlander gets the nod.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

cerranoredux wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:41 pm

Which is nice.
It shook. The building literally shook. It was was a singular experience. Not because of the Phillies, but because I was in this moment with my dad and my brother and 40,000 plus fans, living the fantasy of being in a place where we all got to experience something collectively euphoric.

The night before the game, I got to have Chinese takeout dinner with my brother and parents (without spouses and kids) like it was 1987. We don’t always get along, but whatever. It was surreal and comforting at the same time. After that experience, hugging my dad and brother in the stands of CPB while celebrating THAT home run was as close as I’ve felt to home in a long long while. That’s what that game means to me. I won’t be too upset if Phightins don’t go all the way this year. I got my moment.

Never made it to Ishkabibble, unfortunately. Beer, crab dip and subs in the parking lot sufficed.
This just sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

“This reverse jinx was brought to you by Tommy John underwear”
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Is the one Phillies fan they keep showing Marsh's brother?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Brontoburglar wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:31 pm
i wasn't paying attention and it made me look up because I was like "is this a video game ad?" when I heard "world war iii" and ... it was not.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Quite a few apparently Astrosluts here. Give me your best Mattress Mack pickup lines
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:28 pm Quite a few apparently Astrosluts here. Give me your best Mattress Mack pickup lines
“You don’t sweat much for a big girl!”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

They are bigger girls but that’s not helpful.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

small sample and all that, but it's wild that Verlander's ERA in ALDS/ALCS games is basically 3.05 and it's over 6 in 8 WS starts
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

A_B wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:26 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:31 pm
lol of course
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Want to phi slama mama?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

cerranoredux wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:41 pm

Which is nice.

Man, that's awesome.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Schwarbs getting America a taco with that SB. Just like we all expected.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Cerrano’s story is why we love sports. That’s such a great story.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Dude didn't see one strike with the bases load and managed to K.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Jerloma wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:03 pm Dude didn't see one strike with the bases load and managed to K.
Exactly right
Noli Timere Messorem
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

In a tie game!
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Jerloma wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:07 pmIn a tie game!

Yordan Alvarez wrote:Hold my beer
Noli Timere Messorem
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

EnochRoot wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:05 pm
Jerloma wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:03 pm Dude didn't see one strike with the bases load and managed to K.
Exactly right
Every single person on the Phils who played with Neris over the last eight years should've told Nick to just be a statue up there. And not one of us here in Philly is surprised.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Verlander has made about half a billion and fucks Kate Upton. The guy is doing OK.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

If it's the same rule as a play at first base, where the ball doesn't have to be all the way in the pocket, I think he's out on that SB.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Well, if anything, it's a helluva Game 1.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Boom shaka-lak-a.
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

What if someone were to have theoretically bet on Philly +2050 after the 3rd inning
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

brian wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:21 pm What if someone were to have theoretically bet on Philly +2050 after the 3rd inning
Then they theoretically have a good amount of coin right now! Whooooooooooooooo!