NBA Draft/Offseason

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DC47
Walter Sobchak

Re: NBA Draft/Offseason

Post by DC47 »

The number of people close to Durant who think he should go ahead with this World Cup thing rounds to zero. Mike K. probably privately advises against it. When all is said and done, I see Caron Butler taking the big shots for Team USA. A fitting capstone to his career. From another point of view, perhaps Josh Smith is clueless enough to play, as long as he gets to hoist the threes that Van Gundy won't let him shoot in a Pistons uniform. Could be quite a team.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Shirley wrote:
tennbengal wrote:
Rex wrote:Bitching out on a national team really brings out the mouthbreather in me. That is some weak sauce.
Yeah? Because I am completely the opposite on this one. Could care less about whatever BS tourney this is, not sure why any of them risk their health on it.
Except that he waited until after final cuts to go ahead and quit. I get being tired and whatnot, but why now? It seems that once you go through tryouts and take a spot, you've made an obligation to the team (not to mention your country).
Final cuts aren't over, I don't think. I think they still have to trim down to twelve. And, I think they've got until the day before the first game to do so. I also heard rumblings that love was going to be back in once the trade was official.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I am on team Mr. D on this one. And I would think Paul George's leg and whatever shrieks of pain that accompanied for a game that mean fuckall nothing weighed heavy on his mind.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If Durant announced he wasn't going to jump for the 2014-15 season I wouldn't entirely blame him.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

govmentchedda wrote:Final cuts aren't over, I don't think. I think they still have to trim down to twelve. And, I think they've got until the day before the first game to do so. I also heard rumblings that love was going to be back in once the trade was official.
OK, if that's true, then it's different. For some reason, I thought the final 16 was it, but it makes sense that they'd go down to 12.

BTW, everyone is talking about fear of an injury like Paul George's. I kind of get that, but I have a hard time seeing how these games are somehow more dangerous than any other games Durant (or anyone else) is going to play. Seriously, if you snap your fucking leg in half, does it really matter who your opponent was? It's gonna hurt and threaten your career no matter when that happens. With the number of games and practices these guys play, cutting out a dozen game or so is pretty insignificant.
Totally Kafkaesque
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I give it a week before he's doing promo events for UnderArmour all over the place. Maybe he'll get some sleep that week, though.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Ballmer owns the club now. Shelly Sterling has been named "Owner Emeritus" and #1 fan. And Sterling's appeal was dismissed.

$2 Billion for a basketball franchise is one just crazy aspect of all of this in and of itself, but Shelly Sterling making out like a fucking bandit unscathed despite her history is the grossest part of this story. She's should have been just as guilty in Public Opinion Court as Donald Sterling, yet isn't.

And despite being in the minority (heh heh black joke!), I'm still pissed that this dude had his stuff taken from him and force sold to appease emotion over a taped, personal conversation.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I'm going to buy a Chik-Fil-A, write "Jesus was a Faggot" on the board and see if they make me sell my franchise.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

FIRST AMENDMENT AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Gunpowder wrote:I'm going to buy a Chik-Fil-A, write "Jesus was a Faggot" on the board and see if they make me sell my franchise.
Don't you mean "I'm going to say Jesus is a faggot to my goomah over the phone and have her leak my conversation" and see if they let me keep my franchise? All this considering you've always thought Jesus was a faggot and they've let you keep it over the years in spite of that.

And Trollaware, a pinnacle of virtue as always. Welcome back.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

By your logic, you only recently started calling me a troll so you're wrong because you didn't call me a troll from the start when I did the most obviously troll-tastic things.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

People who follow the NBA don't care that Sterling said it in private. Chik-Fil-A knew that I was accused of it once about 12 years ago but no one really cared until now, when customers are threatening to boycott Chik-Fil-A over let's say a video leaked to Youtube. I say all Christians are faggots and they should eat my chicken and then go have gay sex in hell, Allahu Ahkbar!

I'll guarantee I am forced to sell my franchise no matter how private the recording was. This is a perception issue. The fact that Sterling was sued for housing discrimination back in 1997 when everyone was on Compuserve is irrelevant, in my opinion. The fact that his wife is allowed to be #1 fan though, is very relevant. Because she was involved as well.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Johnnie wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:I'm going to buy a Chik-Fil-A, write "Jesus was a Faggot" on the board and see if they make me sell my franchise.
Don't you mean "I'm going to say Jesus is a faggot to my goomah over the phone and have her leak my conversation" and see if they let me keep my franchise? All this considering you've always thought Jesus was a faggot and they've let you keep it over the years in spite of that.

And Trollaware, a pinnacle of virtue as always. Welcome back.
The conversation may have been private, but it didn't stay that way. The whole world heard it. It doesn't really matter whether or not the recording and/or sharing was or was not legal. Can't put that cat back in the bag.

Now, if Sterling wants to sue his mistress, he has every right, but he can't just make everyone forget what they heard.

BTW, I think it would have been MUCH harder to make him sell if he hadn't had a co-owner.
Totally Kafkaesque
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Hopefully they perform better than Windows Vista did...

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God