College Football October 2014

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: College Football October 2014

Post by govmentchedda »

Completely agree with bengal. I caught the end of the game, and was too tired to comment here (or email Oiler, as we'd both put $ down on the game).

Clown shoes indeed.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

brian wrote:You're right. It's too bad too. I like the guy. I thought he was going to do well at UVA. Maybe Central can hire him after they (hopefully) fire Enos. He might just be more suited for the mid-major/high FCS level.
Yeah I like him too and I think he's generally very well liked by virginia fans who want to fire him. He recruits quite well (there are a bunch of future pros in that defense) and he seems like a very upstanding guy, but his teams have played below their talent the last few seasons and there are just way too many of these errors that can only result from poor preparation.

He won a 1-AA championship at Richmond, so he must be able to coach, but it think he's just one of those guys that can't handle all the demands of a big time (well, sort of) job.

Maybe UVA can get that TCU guy whose team put up 82 points this weekend.
Totally Kafkaesque
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The same guy who's been at TCU forever? Doubt he would leave for UVA.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff wrote:The same guy who's been at TCU forever? Doubt he would leave for UVA.
Yeah, sorry. TCU is a bigger job than UVA at this point. I'm not sure he'd even leave for Florida. He's be a good fit there if he were going to go anywhere.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

brian wrote:
Giff wrote:The same guy who's been at TCU forever? Doubt he would leave for UVA.
Yeah, sorry. TCU is a bigger job than UVA at this point. I'm not sure he'd even leave for Florida. He's be a good fit there if he were going to go anywhere.
Ah yeah, I forgot they are in the Big 12 now. Nevermind.
Totally Kafkaesque
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

testuser2 wrote:I have never heard a crowd boo as loudly as they did after this interception shown on the video board this weekend.

The play was reviewed and did not get overturned. OSU went on to score a touchdown. There were some other rough calls. One being the play clock expiring 3 seconds before OSU hit a 49 yard field goal.

edit: found the field goal.
No doubt about it. Penn State got raped by the referees.

(Yeah, I went there.)
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian