Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Shirley
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 9

Post by Shirley »

Jerloma wrote:
sancarlos wrote:
EdRomero wrote:A wife beater cheap shots Blount, which is followed by more cheap shots and scuffles. Chris Collinsworth then says, "this is great, " as he rubs his nipples.
That cheap shot by Suggs was really horrible.
I think he missed his target and got him a little higher than he wanted, but it's safe to say that was a blatant attempt to injure. The internet would be blowing up if it was Harrison.

Damn, that's dirty. I hadn't seen that yet.
Totally Kafkaesque
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Didn't see the game last night, and I just about shrieked when I saw that hit. As filthy a shot as I have ever seen.

If the Commissioner was still alive that would be 3 games and a mega fine.

Doubt he'll get rung up for more than Kaepernick did for his poor choice in headphones.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Johnnie wrote:I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned here, but why wasn't Akeem Ayers flagged 15 yards for his low sack of Peyton Manning? I fucking cringed seeing the highlight of it, but everyone seemed to love his awesomeness at defense. All I could think was that New England got away with one.

Thought the same thing. If Manning were hurt by that hit he'd be suspended a few weeks.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Wasn't that bad.

A bit low but not launching like this shot..

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I keep thinking about Collinsworth's reaction to everything. What's the reaction by Collinsworth if it were any other team that had a brutal cheap shot, followed by 30 yards of unsportsmanlike penalties, followed by the refs stopping the game to tell the coaches that their teams had to get their shit together? And he says "this is great." Hell, if it's any other sport, you don't get that reaction from announcers. I don't know; maybe it's because I hate both teams, but I just see a bunch of scumbags doing stuff the league is trying to eliminate. And it's a distraction from some impressive football by the Steelers.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote:I keep thinking about Collinsworth's reaction to everything. What's the reaction by Collinsworth if it were any other team that had a brutal cheap shot, followed by 30 yards of unsportsmanlike penalties, followed by the refs stopping the game to tell the coaches that their teams had to get their shit together? And he says "this is great." Hell, if it's any other sport, you don't get that reaction from announcers. I don't know; maybe it's because I hate both teams, but I just see a bunch of scumbags doing stuff the league is trying to eliminate. And it's a distraction from some impressive football by the Steelers.

If it was any other league, Collingsworth would have been fired years ago for sucking so bad.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The brothers Manning are sucking it up this weekend.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Points Scored in the AFC Playoffs vs Points Scored in Every NFC Game This Season

Who ya got?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

brian wrote:The brothers Manning are sucking it up this weekend.
Watched 3/4 of the Colts/Jints game. Eli was not as bad as his number indicate. Must have been 10 drops by his receivers on balls right in the hands, plus a few very nice breakups by Colt defenders. Though most of his yardage and success came against backups. At one point he was like 4 for 15, and could have easily been 11-15 if his receivers would have caught a ball for him.

Colts are the Yo-Yo team of the AFC this year.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

BSF21 wrote:
Watched 3/4 of the Colts/Jints game. Eli was not as bad as his number indicate. Must have been 10 drops by his receivers on balls right in the hands, plus a few very nice breakups by Colt defenders. Though most of his yardage and success came against backups. At one point he was like 4 for 15, and could have easily been 11-15 if his receivers would have caught a ball for him.

They're going to get Luck killed if they don't figure out how to scrape up some semblance of a running game. Either from all the hits he's taking of a rotator cuff injury from throwing the ball 800 times this season. Only half joking.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

brian wrote:
BSF21 wrote:

They're going to get Luck killed if they don't figure out how to scrape up some semblance of a running game. Either from all the hits he's taking of a rotator cuff injury from throwing the ball 800 times this season. Only half joking.
You aren't kidding. I think the team is challenging that idea though. They are so weaponized at WR and TE right now that you actually feel OK about the pass happy attack. Last night got bad for 2 downs where they brought the house and Luck didn't audible out, but they went to the well one too many times, and Luck hits Bradshaw on a little flare for 22 yards. As long as they continue to make adjustments, I say keep throwing it.

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

BSF21 wrote:
brian wrote:
BSF21 wrote:

You aren't kidding. I think the team is challenging that idea though. They are so weaponized at WR and TE right now that you actually feel OK about the pass happy attack.
Not to mention Bradshaw is more effective as a receiver, and Richardson hasn't been all that effective when healthy.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

The Sybian wrote:
BSF21 wrote:
brian wrote:
BSF21 wrote:

You aren't kidding. I think the team is challenging that idea though. They are so weaponized at WR and TE right now that you actually feel OK about the pass happy attack.
Not to mention Bradshaw is more effective as a receiver, and Richardson hasn't been all that effective when healthy.
Not only that, but the difference they show when used in tandem as opposed to having to rely on only one of them is worlds apart. Bradshaw runs tough, Richardson is more dangerous in space.

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

BSF21 wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
BSF21 wrote:
brian wrote:
BSF21 wrote:

Not only that, but the difference they show when used in tandem as opposed to having to rely on only one of them is worlds apart. Bradshaw runs tough, Richardson is more dangerous in space.
How on earth would you know?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

AB_skin_test wrote:
BSF21 wrote:
How on earth would you know?
They send us fans pictures