NFL 2019 week 7 - aw fuck Mahomes?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

tennbengal
The Dude

Re: NFL 2019 week 7 - aw fuck Mahomes?

Post by tennbengal »

It didn't look any better. The Jags are not exactly a fanbase that travels en masse.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Gunpowder wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:46 am Forgot that you lived there. I get in on Friday and we're just gonna be raging old man style so get some fentanyl and meet up.
Don’t forget it’s Nick now, not Stan.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

And all the cool kids are doing bath salts in Kansas City these days.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

saw a "make your own bath bomb" kit in the kids games section of target today so I can confirm this
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Sam darnold is not the answer.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

If the afc East’s answers frighten you, perhaps you should cease asking scary questions.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

This game is so bad that it had me watching election results from Atlantic Canada.

ETA: According to ESPN, Darnold is currently at -8.1 fantasy points.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Bills are 5-1 so theyve got more answers than anyone else in the AFC.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

There was a hysterical series of actions late in the game where the Pats lined up to punt but would've been aided by a few more yards backwards, so they intentionally take a delay of game penalty. The Jets declined the penalty.

So on the next play the Pats intentionally move early for a false start. The Jets declined that too. Camera shot to Belichick and he's trying to hold back a huge smirk. Tessitore and Booger think it's funny.

ETA:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:39 pm This game is so bad that it had me watching election results from Atlantic Canada.
The game was so bad I forgot to wait around for the Star Wars trailer.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Patriots trade a 2nd round pick for Sanu; I remember Belichick going after him when he was a free agent a few years ago.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

How would this trade be “received” if it were any team other than the Patriots?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

mister d wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:23 am How would this trade be “received” if it were any team other than the Patriots?
Not well at all. Seems like a steep price. Think trading for a receiver instead of a tight end or line help means the Gordon injury is pretty bad, they feel okay about their TE situation, and they're confident Wynn will come back.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:23 am How would this trade be “received” if it were any team other than the Patriots?
Win-now mode. Sanu also does some of the less glamorous stuff like block and play special teams (or at least he has in the past). He's also 7/8 for 233 yards and 4 TD passes in his career (with, in an interesting quirk, every completion going for a first down).

Unrelated note on trades and other moves - I feel one aspect of all of the Rams' trades and contract extensions that doesn't get spoken about is the drive to keep the team as good and loaded with "stars" as possible to drive season ticket sales for the new stadium in their notably fickle market. I use quotation marks around "stars" because while Goff isn't great, he at least has name recognition for some casual fans.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

EdRomero wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:48 am
Not well at all. Seems like a steep price. Think trading for a receiver instead of a tight end or line help means the Gordon injury is pretty bad, they feel okay about their TE situation, and they're confident Wynn will come back.
I think more about depth than Gordon particularly. May mean nkeal harry is done if develin can play again this year. Running LBs out there won't work all year.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:00 am
I think more about depth than Gordon particularly. May mean nkeal harry is done if develin can play again this year. Running LBs out there won't work all year.
Harry has started practicing and I read Develin is done for the year. Who knows how good Henry will be though.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Never a bad time for a righteous anti-Pats fan rant.

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The PMT guys mentioned that scene on their podcast and they said it was snipped in such a way to allude to Kraft to generate viral buzz. The full scene in full context makes sense and the internet was taken on a ride by some dude who works for Felger and Mazz. Whether that's the case or not, I couldn't care less.

I haven't even seen the scene (edited or full) but I've seen more about the reaction to it than anything. Not shocked Magary went in on it with a big article like that which doesn't say much.

For as much shit as the Pats and Pats fans bring upon themselves, there's and equal and opposite contingent of people who are just as insufferable and don't even have the self awareness to state it.

This whole scene will be forgotten about in 5 days, so whatever.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The price was a tad high on Sanu because the Falcons are picking up a chunk of this year's salary so he fits better under the cap. He's also Edelman insurance which is a thing they've missed since Amendola left.

Evidently, the Pats tried to get OJ Howard from the Bucs as well but they weren't budging.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Forget Sanu... the Pats got Justin Bethel (cant help but think Bethel Johnson... who Belichick says was the fastest guy he ever coached). Belichick is pissing his pants with glee over another special teams guy.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:00 am
Shit. U r right. For a sec they had the best wideouts in the league. I'd bring back AB right now. Fuck everybody. Hopefully they know harry is a bust and they bring back Gordon for playoffs.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

So Gordon is expected to get healthy in a few weeks and when he does the Pats will have to put him on waivers. Gordon was a great fit, seemed to have a good attitude, and was very tough playing through injuries...so I'm wondering if he did something that pissed off Belichick.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

EdRomero wrote: So Gordon is expected to get healthy in a few weeks and when he does the Pats will have to put him on waivers. Gordon was a great fit, seemed to have a good attitude, and was very tough playing through injuries...so I'm wondering if he did something that pissed off Belichick.
Yeah, he did. He got hurt.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:56 am
EdRomero wrote: So Gordon is expected to get healthy in a few weeks and when he does the Pats will have to put him on waivers. Gordon was a great fit, seemed to have a good attitude, and was very tough playing through injuries...so I'm wondering if he did something that pissed off Belichick.
Yeah, he did. He got hurt.
But there are reports he'll be healthy in a few weeks. Why not wait it out and have the chance to have a healthy Gordon in the playoffs?

edit: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss is speculating something isn't adding up because there was also strange waiver maneuvering with another player. He doesn't have information to report, but he also tends to shy away from chasing the hot take angle.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

You guys may be making this harder than it is. Speculation is a bitch, but...
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.