Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote:Dear Everyone, including people who lost family, friends or coworkers,

I just wanted to remind you not to forget today is the 13th anniversary of their death(s). To do my part in remembering, here's a picture of the building your loved one died in.

You're welcome for this solemn and respectful gesture,

Too Many People
I have a Facebook friend - South African woman who was in my high school for a couple of years. She lives in St. Tropez in France with her rich older husband and sells yachts for a living. Yes, yachts. I know because I get listings from her.

Today she posted two items.

1) "Never forget. 9/11."

2) A photo of a new yacht that is for sale.

The postings were made one minute apart. If you are going to "Never Forget," shouldn't you spend at least, say two minutes, before you move on?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

In the history of Facebook, how many yachts have been purchased through a posting on Facebook?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I've been wanting to post something like "Telling me to never forget implies that it's possible I've forgotten. That is incredibly insulting."
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote:
mister d wrote:Dear Everyone, including people who lost family, friends or coworkers,

I just wanted to remind you not to forget today is the 13th anniversary of their death(s). To do my part in remembering, here's a picture of the building your loved one died in.

Too Many People
I have a Facebook friend - South African woman who was in my high school for a couple of years. She lives in St. Tropez in France with her rich older husband and sells yachts for a living. Yes, yachts. I know because I get listings from her.

1) "Never forget. 9/11."

The postings were made one minute apart. If you are going to "Never Forget," shouldn't you spend at least, say two minutes, before you move on?
I'm in the market for a 200-footer. Send her my info.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Brontoburglar wrote:I've been wanting to post something like "Telling me to never forget implies that it's possible I've forgotten. That is incredibly insulting."

I love this
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote:
Pruitt wrote:

Too Many People

1) "Never forget. 9/11."

I'm in the market for a 200-footer. Send her my info.
This baby is available for 26 million Euros.

If you're interested, here's the listing: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Pruitt wrote:quote]

This baby is available for 26 million Euros.

If you're interested, here's the listing: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Unavailable. Brian must be able to transfer his off shore funds much quicker than I. Phillipe will be fired.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Brian's FB friend defending his position on why the player for the Cards shouldn't be allowed to kneel in the end zone.
No I'm not and you know why its wrong. Wtf is wrong with people today. Think of all the men and women who lost their lives in the middle east. Do you think their families enjoyed seeing this. This was wrong in so many ways. Politics don't belong in sports. He obviously wanted to taunt the crowd and did this for attention. He a nobody and wont last more than two seasons anyway.

When has the war in the middle east been about the US and freedom of religion in this country. Are you really that stupid? Of course you are, you can't see past the end of your own nose. that's why you see nothing wrong, you have no sympathy for anyone and are so wrapped up in your own little world that you fail to see anything for what it truly is. I'm so fucking sick of people that are so caught up in themselves. You are all a bunch of sheep. Keep telling yourself you're cool and for gods sake keep telling everyone on social media each time you take a shit and wipe your ass or turn off a light switch or eat dinner, we are all on the edge of our seats.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeah, I shouldn't have went there on Facebook either. Because apparently being a proponent the 1st amendment makes you a Muslim apologist.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Right, but the 1st amendment only protects AMERICANS. And HUSAIN ABDULLAH was born in ... [googles] ... Los Angeles. Fine. But where do you think his parents or grandparents were born?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote:Right, but the 1st amendment only protects AMERICANS. And HUSAIN ABDULLAH was born in ... [googles] ... Los Angeles. Fine. But where do you think his parents or grandparents were born?
I can't believe you think someone who would write/say that doesn't think Los Angeles is in Mexico.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

But Hollywood is still in America. LIBERAL America.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Funniest part (not ha-ha funny) is he's a cop. So it's pretty easy to understand how shit like Ferguson happens for me.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeah, that's every cop I know too.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote:Funniest part (not ha-ha funny) is he's a cop. So it's pretty easy to understand how shit like Ferguson happens for me.
Super, a delusional paranoid, racist fuck with a badge and a gun. I know how stupid it was to respond, but his insults and comments to me were so bizarre and actually fitting his flaws. Whatever, it's pointless responding to someone who thinks praying to Allah is done to intentionally insult the relatives of dead troops. I assume he believes we are fighting in the Middle East to kill Muslims for the sake of killing Muslims, right? Because American exceptionalism. USA! USA!
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

For some reason i keep getting notices that there are more responses to this thread (Brian's FB post, that is), yet i don't see any. After mine, I saw BFJ and just now Giff. Is he able to block me from seeing his comments somehow?
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

What up, chedda?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote:What up, chedda?
Yo!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

It worked! WE did it!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

EdRomero wrote:It worked! WE did it!
You were great last night.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Facebook's advertisements can be scary on point. Should I be worried that FB suggested I follow Boardwalk Bail Bonds? Can FB see the future?
-Pruitt
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Pruitt wrote:
EdRomero wrote:It worked! WE did it!
You were great last night.
seriously guys are we not doing phrasing anymore?
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Oh Syb, you dummy ...

(Just say "you made up your mind what evidence you'd (seek out and) believe the second you saw black kid and white cop" and walk away.)
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:Oh Syb, you dummy ...

(Just say "you made up your mind what evidence you'd (seek out and) believe the second you saw black kid and white cop" and walk away.)

Jesus, that showed up in your feed? The levels of separation are growing.That guy is a HS friend of my childhood next door neighbor. He was 5 years older, but both of our parents still live there,so I see him from time to time. I love reading his friend's posts, as all he talks about is the importance of owning guns. He will turn a funny Jets bashing thread into a pro-gun rant. I erased my final sentence. The guy said something like "only idiots have an opinion of the Michael Brown incident, but nobody knows what really happens." I erased my comment that I agree with his statement that only idiots have an opinion, but he immediately stated his opinion in the next sentence.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

2 women who are too stupid to breed but have chosen to anyway are talking back and forth with each other today about one child possibly having Hand Foot and Mouth, and freaking out about what to do about it. Pictures back and forth, much bellyaching, whole shebang.

It's taking every ounce of control I have to not comment and suggest the woman must have made a bad human and they should probably just let it succumb to whatever horrid rash it has and start over.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I think it would be more awesome to post some random terrible rash from WebMD and watch them flail.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

AB_skin_test wrote:I think it would be more awesome to post some random terrible rash from WebMD and watch them flail.
Whats really keeping me from it is that there has been constant comments on there for the last 3 hours between terrible parents. I'm not kicking that hornets nest.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I don't even understand how some of these are grievances. Wireless phones...noooo!!!
Welcome to 2014:
• Our Phones - Wireless
• Cooking - Fireless
• Cars - Keyless
• Food – Fatless
• Tires –Tubeless
• Dress – Sleeveless
• Youth – Jobless
• Leaders – Shameless
• Relationships – Meaningless
• Attitudes – Careless
• Babies – Fatherless
• Feelings – Heartless
• Education – Valueless
• Children – Mannerless
• Country – Godless

We are SPEECHLESS,
Congress is CLUELESS,

Our President is WORTHLESS !
GOD HELP US !
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Give us back our cooking fire!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Surgeries - Crippling Infectionless!

FUCK!
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Copy that text and Google it. Check the source of the first four results. - Supriseless
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

• Butts – Fartless
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

sportsfrog - ironyless
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:Copy that text and Google it. Check the source of the first four results. - Supriseless
Why did I have to google this? I ended up going to a site called One Political Plaza. Then I had to go into the message board and click on a thread titled "Nuke Ferguson." Just a whole bunch of uber-racist blathering, blaming the Liberal media, and name calling towards the two Liberals deciding to talk some sense. Any citation not from Fox, World News Daily and the like are complete lies, while the Conservative propaganda schlock are the few brave outlets willing to tell the truth in a sea of lies.

The best was a rant about how blacks are essentially animals, and you don't see white people riot when a black man kills a white man. The guy ended by saying that not all blacks are bad, and he even likes some that he met, "but I will be friends with another one." The next guy started by completely agreeing with the first guy, then went on a huge rant that Obama, Holder et. al. "created rational issues where none existed before." The cognitive dissonance is astounding, and of course, Liberals are anti-black for creating racial tension, because in 2005 racism was nonexistent.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Sounds like the Steelers message board!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote:Sounds like the Steelers message board!
I lurked over there for the first time in quite a while. I don't know if he was just particularly active yesterday, but SL was an unshakable bastion of reason, shining a light in the dark corner of every ridiculous thread.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeah, he's brilliant over there.