Twitter:The New Batch

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

EnochRoot
The Dude

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by EnochRoot »

tennbengal wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:44 am
EnochRoot wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:18 pm So there's a new Madison Cawthorn video where he was um...

Never mind.
I muted all that. What was he doing? I assume another republican move (the leak) to remove an embarrassment?
Humping his cousin’s face with no clothes on.

Makes me realize

1) I’m guessing Cawthorn was paralyzed not in some massive accident, but perhaps by a flat tire cuz his head was in a compromised position under the steering wheel, and
2) this is a distraction for something bigger about to come out of the GOP.
Noli Timere Messorem
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

thank god for mute function.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EnochRoot wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:22 am
tennbengal wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:44 am
EnochRoot wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:18 pm So there's a new Madison Cawthorn video where he was um...

Never mind.
I muted all that. What was he doing? I assume another republican move (the leak) to remove an embarrassment?
Humping his cousin’s face with no clothes on.

Makes me realize

1) I’m guessing Cawthorn was paralyzed not in some massive accident, but perhaps by a flat tire cuz his head was in a compromised position under the steering wheel, and
2) this is a distraction for something bigger about to come out of the GOP.
I think he made some enemies with the coke orgy comment. If his allegation was true, then of course they want to shift the focus to Cawthorn being a weirdo and make him disappear. If the allegations are bullshit, and with Cawthorn's history of telling crazy lies, who knows, they still want him gone.

I saw a great piece, can't remember where, about the future of the party. Mostly interviewing young people at CPAC, and showing how they joined the GOP because they love how Trump is an immature buffoon who insults everyone. Young Republicans coming up know that they need to act like an even bigger outrageous buffoon than Trump to get attention. Look at MTG, Cawthorn, Boebert, etc..., All new to politics without any education or experience, and they jumped right to the top of the most known Representatives in Congress. Throw Gaetz in there as well. It used to be, you spent a career working towards building a reputation through accomplishments to become a big name in politics. Now, you create viral video by doing saying batshit crazy things and making up crazy conspiracy theories and allegations against Dems. My hope is the powers behind the GOP are fed up and want to cut this shit out before they lose all power to the wingnuttiest. Because let's be real, Cawthorn, MTG, and Boebert aren't going to take orders from the GOP power brokers once they make a name for themselves. It's like how the old school Dem power structure fights to keep the Progressives at bay.

I will say, the lingerie pictures is actually a bullshit story. Cawthorn was on a cruise ship, and they played a game where people put a bra on over their clothes. Perfectly innocent and crazy that they are trying to make a scandal out of this. The humping video is flat out weird, but I don't know the context of it yet.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Life goal: Making humping videos that don't need context
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:19 am Life goal: Making humping videos that don't need context
That response is gold.

I don't think there is any explanation that makes the video not weird. I just couldn't tell if there was someone under him, or WTF was going on. There are other people in the room for sure. This is going to be an ongoing problem for politicians who went to college (or were college aged) in the iPhone era. Think of some of the drunken nights y'all had and imagine if everyone had an iPhone. There'd be a hell of a lot of footage I couldn't explain away and would have to step down from public office for sure. That said, I'm confident there wouldn't be any humping videos.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

He pissed off the wrong assholes, that's for sure.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

pruitt2 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:51 am He pissed off the wrong assholes, that's for sure.
And in a few days, we'll see the video of who he pissed on!
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:18 pm
pruitt2 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:51 am He pissed off the wrong assholes, that's for sure.
And in a few days, we'll see the video of who he pissed on!
And who pissed on him, beside himself.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Cawthorn turning it around and winning his primary might the best result, no? So the Reps have to put him up for the seat in the general?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:26 pm Cawthorn turning it around and winning his primary might the best result, no? So the Reps have to put him up for the seat in the general?
Now, my research here is just a quick Wikipedia search...

However, the yahoos in that district elected a home schooled 25 year old who flunked out of a community college over a grown up who...
Morris Durham "Moe" Davis (born July 31, 1958) is an American retired U.S. Air Force colonel, attorney, educator, politician, and former administrative law judge.

Davis was appointed the third Chief Prosecutor of the Guantanamo military commissions, where he served from September 2005 until October 2007.[1] He also served as director of the Air Force Judiciary.[2] He resigned from the position after he refused to use evidence obtained through torture and because of political influence and pressure in prosecutions. He retired from active duty in October 2008.
These yokels would vote for the corpse of James Earl Ray as long as they were voting Republican.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

pruitt2 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:40 pm
L-Jam3 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:26 pm Cawthorn turning it around and winning his primary might the best result, no? So the Reps have to put him up for the seat in the general?

However, the yahoos in that district elected a home schooled 25 year old who flunked out of a community college over a grown up who...
Morris Durham "Moe" Davis (born July 31, 1958) is an American retired U.S. Air Force colonel, attorney, educator, politician, and former administrative law judge.

Davis was appointed the third Chief Prosecutor of the Guantanamo military commissions, where he served from September 2005 until October 2007.[1] He also served as director of the Air Force Judiciary.[2] He resigned from the position after he refused to use evidence obtained through torture and because of political influence and pressure in prosecutions. He retired from active duty in October 2008.
These yokels would vote for the corpse of James Earl Ray as long as they were voting Republican.
I'm not so sure. I was thinking about this earlier. Asheville is basically the Austin, TX of North Carolina. HIs district is much bigger than just AVL, but the rest of it is very rural.

ETA - just checked and even pre-Cawthorn, it's pretty red. No Dem has won that seat since Heath Shuler!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:06 pm
pruitt2 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:40 pm

I'm not so sure. I was thinking about this earlier. Asheville is basically the Austin, TX of North Carolina. HIs district is much bigger than just AVL, but the rest of it is very rural.

ETA - just checked and even pre-Cawthorn, it's pretty red. No Dem has won that seat since Heath Shuler!
Asheville is a shithole outside of the college industry.
Noli Timere Messorem
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Wut? No.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Incorrect
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I have a friend who just moved from there who agrees wholeheartedly. She says they act all liberal publicly, but that’s not how they really feel. She said it was worse than living somewhere where people at least owned who they were rather than lying about it.
Last edited by Giff on Thu May 05, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Literally what prompted her rant about it was me saying “Asheville seems like the Austin of North Carolina”. FWIW, I think Austin overhypes itself as some weird liberal place.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

You have to figure that a "liberal part of the south" is on a par with south Boston.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

pruitt2 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:42 pm You have to figure that a "liberal part of the south" is on a par with south Boston.
This is so genius. I appreciate the Asheville warning, as it’s in my shortlist of places to move when the kids are out of the house.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I've also been told the same thing about Asheville. Yes, it's liberal in comparison to its surroundings, no, it's not on par with Austin or Berkely or Ann Arbor.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Bottom line is wherever you are, if it's a rural area, it's going to be extremely conservative. In my many road trips over the last few years, I've seen just as many trump signs in the rural areas of most of the blue states (Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin) as I do here.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Giff wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:01 pm Bottom line is wherever you are, if it's a rural area, it's going to be extremely conservative. In my many road trips over the last few years, I've seen just as many trump signs in the rural areas of most of the blue states (Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin) as I do here.
Driving east on I-90 to Spokane from Seattle, once you get over Snoqualmie Pass its as Red-State as any part of the South. Nothing but Trump Flags and Loren Culp (the small town Sheriff who was the GOP nominee for Governor, lost the election by 13%, refused to concede citing 'voter fraud', and is now running for Congress) as far as the eye can see.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

No doubt those are red areas to begin with, but the perception is affected by the fact that nobody on Earth is flying a Joe Biden flag
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Ryan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:46 pm No doubt those are red areas to begin with, but the perception is affected by the fact that nobody on Earth is flying a Joe Biden flag
The cheerleading aspect of Trump support is still very weird to me.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:49 pm
Ryan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:46 pm No doubt those are red areas to begin with, but the perception is affected by the fact that nobody on Earth is flying a Joe Biden flag
Especially after 8 years of the Right crying about the Cult of Obama. While I saw some t-shirts and bumper stickers, can't recall seeing millions of hats and flags. It's always a shock driving to farmlands of South Jersey for soccer tournaments (more Tuckahoe references this week). The final 45 minutes of that trip is nothing but Trump flags and signs everywhere and dozens of pickup trucks with huge Trump flags flying ISIS style.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I walked by a pickup truck yesterday with a "TRUMP 2020" sticker but underneath it said "BECAUSE PUTIN'S ASS WON'T LICK ITSELF" which I guess is on the right side, but I imagine a lot of people aren't reading the smaller text.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The Sybian wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:52 pm
sancarlos wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:49 pm
Especially after 8 years of the Right crying about the Cult of Obama. While I saw some t-shirts and bumper stickers, can't recall seeing millions of hats and flags. It's always a shock driving to farmlands of South Jersey for soccer tournaments (more Tuckahoe references this week). The final 45 minutes of that trip is nothing but Trump flags and signs everywhere and dozens of pickup trucks with huge Trump flags flying ISIS style.
At first I just looked up on Wiki, and the only southern counties that went red in 2020 were Salem and Cape May, but then looking closer... my fucking hometown went slight red. At least it was slightly and it shifted more left.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

FWIW, Biden won Buncombe County, where Asheville is, 60-40 over Trump.
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I tried to find Asheville isolated but couldn’t. Even 60/40 is way too Trump for me if you think about it as your kid having 4 shitty friends for every 5 decent ones.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Great thread about going to a football match as a kid:

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

That was a good thread. Thanks for posting it.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Another good one featuring a kid.

pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

sancarlos wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:26 am Another good one featuring a kid.

Her father is the best fighter in the world...

But he may never do anything that incredible.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

So they updated the terms/service agreement and are popping up a notification I’m sure you’ve seen but have the interface sized such that on certain screens (like my iPhone SE) the accept button is unreachable. For days now I’ve been getting that screen a couple of times a day and have to close and reopen the app to make it go away. Until the next time.

Might have to reset my pwd so I can log on to a desktop and click the button.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

“Peter Hook liked your reply” sorry guys but I’m too big for this board now. Be well. Bye.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

“Peter Pan”
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Radio Shack is getting nuts. Lol.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.