Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Jerloma
The Dude

Re: Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Post by Jerloma »

Sweet!

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

The two of you seem to be getting this thread confused with the "Crap From Facefuck" thread.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Jesus' abs look like an outline for one of the Pope's hats.

Or some sort of awkwardly shaped ring pop.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

If you have 10 minutes to kill, this panel of "Christian Leaders" spewing a bunch of inanity about what the creator of the universe thinks about Christian hip-hop is hilarious and just fucking insane. How is not one person in that room cracking up over the idea that these fuckers know with complete certainty what the creator of a 950 trillion light year size universe things about Christian rap music?

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Louis Gohmert, part of the Congressional trifecta of moron with Stephen King and Michelle Bachmann, does it again. This time showing that he fails to grasp the concept of Atheism. See, on the House floor, Louis said that Atheists should encourage believers to pray to G-d in order to protect the nation. Apparently no G-d believing nation has ever failed.

Why would Atheists think that a G-d they believe doesn't exist would protect our country?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Of all the wingnut commie-kook places on Earth, of all the entitlement my rights! my rights! my rights! überly fucked up societies in the world, it is almost impossible to believe this is happening in extremely leftist Vancouver. Yet, it is:

Atheist group’s ads rejected by billboard company

It is hard to grasp. Sure, there are a lot of churches around here but they are, by far, Chinese Born-Again Christians practising a severely fucked up take on the Christian myth; very highly culty and frankly way-out spooky in many ways. And very un-Chinese, but it has really taken a hold of them (and the Koreans, big time). Oh, and there is a fuckton of mosques. But if someone is knocking on your door selling religious snake oil, it is always a Chinese woman (or, less often, couple). My wife avoids them as if they are the undead. White people, particularly White people in my age group and younger, are completely atheistic in this vicinity; you'll never hear someone spouting how Das Al-Hexenmeister is the way the truth and the energy saving light bulb. That subject just does not ever come up.

One of the truly funny things about the Korean churches, and this makes me chuckle every time, is that if you can read Korean you'll find their church signage hilarious. First, there is no Korean alphabetical character for "V", so "Vancouver" is rendered as "Bun-koo-buh" in Hangul. Second, there is no Korean character for "z" sounds. So "Jesus" is rendered as "Jee-bus". Ah, perfect.

That ad is also discriminating specifically against White people (that's the self-loathing nature of political correctness) as much if not more than it is against Atheists. You cannot have an advertising image of a lone White person 'round here. Nah uh. It has to be a bean-counted rainbow. One of this, one of that. This city is a senseless terror.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

By the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white...
Jesus was a white man, too. He was a historical figure. That's a verifiable fact -- as is Santa. I just want the kids watching to know that.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

It just makes me want her even more.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:It just makes me want her even more.

One of my biggest hate-F crushes. I think she is smart enough to not believe a damned thing she said. Unlike Michelle Malkin, who would get hate F'ed Johnnie style with no Vaseline.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote:One of my biggest hate-F crushes. I think she is smart enough to not believe a damned thing she said. Unlike Michelle Malkin, who would get hate F'ed Johnnie style with no Vaseline.
I want to fuck Megyn Kelly while wearing my ugly sweater.

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Everything about that photo is glorious!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I don't even...

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:I don't even...

These Happy Hos clearly haven't gotten to Revelations yet. Joy-joy-joy happy-sing-sing. Not the version I've read.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:
Jesus was a white man, too. He was a historical figure. That's a verifiable fact -- as is Santa. I just want the kids watching to know that.

Holy fuck. If it is verifiable that Jesus was white, prove it bitch. Unreal. But nothing racist there, I mean, Fox hired Juan Williams, so they have a black friend. Best line though was Monica Crowley, talking about Santa being white mind you, "you can't change facts and change them to fit a political agenda." So Santa being white is a FACT? Really? And you are really going on FoxNews and saying that you can't change facts to fit a political agenda? Take that away, and FoxNews has some serious air time to fill.

OTOH, I will say it is stupid to try and change Santa's race, or even worse, make him a penguin so that he is both black and white. I haven't read the article, but I hope that was a joke. either that, or Scottie wrote a piece of satire parodying a loony black woman taking political correctness to new lows.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

rass wrote:
That may be the first time that I've seen four people smirking at the same time.

She does have a point however - it can be verified that Santa is white. Not real, but white. This is as easily verifiable as proving that the Grinch is green. And just as important.

Now then, according to most demographic classifications, Jesus is definitely not white. He was Jewish. Which actually just made me think of something. If Jesus is the Saviour, shouldn't all Christians be circumsized like he was?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeah, Cannanite Jews are most definitely not white but I don't know if Megyn Kelly still believes in Santa or she's talking about the historical St Nicholas but he was Turkish so he was also most likely a swarthy dude too. I'm not sure who Pruitt and Syb are talking about either.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Jerloma wrote:Yeah, Cannanite Jews are most definitely not white but I don't know if Megyn Kelly still believes in Santa or she's talking about the historical St Nicholas but he was Turkish so he was also most likely a swarthy dude too. I'm not sure who Pruitt and Syb are talking about either.
I'm talking about the Santa Claus that people like Megyn Kelly believe in. You know, the old pitchman for Coke.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Santa is real as fuck.

....aaaand I lost it. That was excellent.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Good segue...
A vicar has been forced to apologise after claiming at a primary school assembly that Father Christmas does not exist and recounting the gruesome story of Saint Nicholas.

Reverend Simon Tatton-Brown infuriated parents of youngsters at Charter Primary by questioning the existence of Santa.

He told children that Father Christmas was based on a grisly legend about Saint Nicholas, who bought three murdered children back to life.

The Church of England vicar described how the youngsters were killed by an evil butcher and placed in a barrel to be pickled and sold as ham.

Parents complained when their children, aged between five and 11, came home shell-shocked and the vicar of St Andrew's Church in Chippenham, Wilts. has now apologised.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Pretty sure Fox News would lose its shit if they ever came across the Christmas devil known as Krampus. Germany and Austria knows how to scare the shit out of kids during the right time of the year.

December 6th is Krampusnacht in this part of the world. Naturally I had to work so I missed out...but next year I'm on that shit.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I reject your picture. Everyone knows that Krampus is white.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:I reject your picture. Everyone knows that Krampus is white.

Nope, Fox will make the evil one black.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Megyn Kelly was just kidding, guys. Jeez, can't you Liberals recognize a joke when you hear one? Haven't seen the video yet.

http://gawker.com/megyn-kelly-i-was-jus ... /@neetzanz
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm pretty sure she loves getting choked when she's having sex. She just has that vibe about her.
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

Next thing you know someone will claim that the Belsnickle is just some homeless redneck.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

testuser2 wrote:Next thing you know someone will claim that the Belsnickle is just some homeless redneck.

I thought Belsnickle was Aqualung.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Just to get J-Lo fired up, founder of the group that opened the $27 million Creationist Museum calling for Christians to fight back against Atheists trying to force their religion on the rest of us. Is Elizabeth Hasselbeck stifling laughter at this kook? The funny thing is, the second page of the Atheist billboard kind of shares the "keep the Christ in Christmas" sentiment. Well, without the Christ, but the message of peace, love, charity and whatnot.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

OMG you guys...they're so aggressive! Why must the atheists be so aggressive?!?! Ken Ham is a really dumb primate but at least he might actually believe the bullshit he's selling. These idiots on Fox news that are lending him credence are way worse. They don't give a shit about religion...they just use it to make money. Catering to the lowest common denominator. That's all it is.

That billboard is terrible though. I mean, it's accurate but just poorly executed and poorly designed.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Jerloma wrote:OMG you guys...they're so aggressive! Why must the atheists be so aggressive?!?!
Yeah, it's a serious problem; an invasion of privacy if you will. Soooooooo many atheists these days wander around city residential neighborhoods knocking on doors looking for new cult members.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Speaking of that, I go to an atheist meet-up once a month at the local Pizzeria Uno and a Nigerian cult showed up tonight. These people were creeeeeepy. The chicks were smoking hot though. Unfortunately, they weren't allowed to talk and a little way to into the Don Cheadle look alike. This guy was all like "Science, science, philosophy, logic, religion is bullshit, science, reason, I met Jesus."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Jerloma wrote:Speaking of that, I go to an atheist meet-up once a month at the local Pizzeria Uno and a Nigerian cult showed up tonight. These people were creeeeeepy. The chicks were smoking hot though. Unfortunately, they weren't allowed to talk and a little way to into the Don Cheadle look alike. This guy was all like "Science, science, philosophy, logic, religion is bullshit, science, reason, I met Jesus."
If he met Jesus, couldn't he have hit him up for a miracle so his flock wouldn't have to meet in a chain pizza joint?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Much to the chagrin of Packers fans, Vikings fans, Falcons fans, and Jets fans everywhere, the Pope declares Favre a Saint.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote:Just to get J-Lo fired up, founder of the group that opened the $27 million Creationist Museum calling for Christians to fight back against Atheists trying to force their religion on the rest of us. Is Elizabeth Hasselbeck stifling laughter at this kook? The funny thing is, the second page of the Atheist billboard kind of shares the "keep the Christ in Christmas" sentiment. Well, without the Christ, but the message of peace, love, charity and whatnot.
State Senator Andrew Lanza took it just a bit further...
“Not only do the people behind this group not believe in God but they obviously don’t believe in decency, civility and kindness to fellow human kind either. This is part of a continued “War on Christmas” and also upon the belief and value system of millions of Christian, Jewish and Muslim people who have faith in God. Religious persecution of the kind that similarly lead to the Holocaust began with small evil baby steps of ridicule and hatred of the religious beliefs of others.”
“While it is not surprising to me that people who do not believe in God are hateful and malicious, I would have hoped that the people who own this billboard, those who live in Manhattan and around Times Square and the community’s political leaders would have decried this hate speech as something not to be tolerated or allowed.”
Senator Lanza is also calling for the revocation of the American Atheists’ 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status because he doesn’t believe that tax dollars should be used to spew religious hatred.
You can't make this shit up.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I do have to say, the billboard is unnecessary and intentionally offensive, which fuels the fire. Just ignore Christmas and maybe this idiotic contrived War on Christmas will end. I do get pissed at the Atheist "leaders" who appear on FoxNews and other media outlets. They are inflammatory assholes looking for attention. But I guess a calm, sane and rational person doesn't make for interesting TV.

OTOH, I am staring to get sick of being called an evil, subhuman with no morals. I think the people who are only moral to avoid punishment from SkyDaddy and his son/self and can't conceive of being moral without that threat are the real people to watch out for. At least religion keeps devout sociopaths in check, so it has that going for it. The other thing, most if not all Atheists I know strongly believe in the right for others to practice, but just want to be left alone and not have somebody else's superstitions made law.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

So you want quiet atheists? Awesome. That's exactly what the Christian Taliban wants too.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:So you want quiet atheists? Awesome. That's exactly what the Christian Taliban wants too.

Not quiet, just not douchey. You can stand up for the Separation of Church and State without pissing people off. In fact, I think the in your face douchey insulting approach pushes people away. Many Atheists don't want to associate with these people, and they make the War on Christmas and Fundies more worked up, and serves as evidence for these people that Christianity is under attack. It is like the 3 Black Panthers outside a polling place in Philly. Conservative Republicans and FoxNews are still railing on this as the basis of their argument that we need to remove the rights of millions of low income and minority voters (who typically vote Dem) in order to prevent the 3 examples of voter fraud that occur nationally each year.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Who are you even talking about? Silverman? He's not douchey because he's an atheist; he's douchey because he's a lawyer! Hey-yo!

Syb, there are a lot of atheists that are angry over religious privilege but what you'll notice most of the time is that the anger comes from a place of empathy usually for people that are the victims of religious oppression. Most atheists were once religious and have emancipated themselves from that tyrannical BS, but it pisses them off to see it still happening more and more and the victims of this are usually religious people themselves. There are a fuck ton of "religious moderates" that may as well be atheists for how much of their belief system they actually accept as true. Those billboards are always reaching out to that group of people so they know that it's okay to get away from the religion you were indoctrinated into. Religious people have done a great job of making atheism a dirty word and one that nobody wants to be associated with. The more people that aren't afraid to skeptically interrogate their belief system, the less power that the fundies who use their numbers to oppress will have. This is how they get away with the shit they do. What if that senator had said this...
While it is not surprising to me that Jews are hateful and malicious...
...but you notice it's perfectly okay to say the same thing about atheists and nobody bats an eyelash. Deep down, a lot of people really believe this.

Meanwhile you have this...

Compared to this...

...and you're concerned with the divisiveness of the latter?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:Who are you even talking about? Silverman? He's not douchey because he's an atheist; he's douchey because he's a lawyer! Hey-yo!

Syb, there are a lot of atheists that are angry over religious privilege but what you'll notice most of the time is that the anger comes from a place of empathy usually for people that are the victims of religious oppression. Most atheists were once religious and have emancipated themselves from that tyrannical BS, but it pisses them off to see it still happening more and more and the victims of this are usually religious people themselves. There are a fuck ton of "religious moderates" that may as well be atheists for how much of their belief system they actually accept as true. Those billboards are always reaching out to that group of people so they know that it's okay to get away from the religion you were indoctrinated into. Religious people have done a great job of making atheism a dirty word and one that nobody wants to be associated with. The more people that aren't afraid to skeptically interrogate their belief system, the less power that the fundies who use their numbers to oppress will have. This is how they get away with the shit they do. What if that senator had said this...
While it is not surprising to me that Jews are hateful and malicious...
...but you notice it's perfectly okay to say the same thing about atheists and nobody bats an eyelash. Deep down, a lot of people really believe this.

Meanwhile you have this...

Silverman is exactly who I am thinking of. He is the Atheistic Jay Sekulow. Without the experience of arguing before the Supreme Court numerous times.

The devil billboard doesn't offend me, I think it is hilarious. And the Atheist bus sign isn't remotely offensive, in your face or douchey. I like it and think anyone offended by it is a complete idiot who doesn't remotely understand or appreciate the right of Religious Freedom. I do completely agree with you about the term "Atheist" being vilified, much in the way "Liberal" was (though I think George W. Bush helped make being Liberal more acceptable). I do hesitate to tell people I am an Atheist, though not much more hesitant than I am to tell people I am Jewish. Being in the greater NYC area, being Jewish isn't frowned upon. But if I was in the South...

I definitely see your point when discussing the mission to free religious people of their tyrannical oppression, I just don't have such a harsh view on religion. My image of a Christian, which is probably the majority in the US, are people who may or may not go to Church regularly, and aren't defined by their religiosity. Passively Christian, I guess would sum it up. Many believe, but haven't given it much thought or truly challenged their beliefs. Many are probably agnostic, but consider themselves Christian due to their upbringing. And for those who are Fundamentalist, or truly ruled by their religiosity, I think they are generally happy in their beliefs and it brings them comfort. As for the militant Fundies (not just Christian), you are never going to sway their beliefs. Maybe you can reach their kids. Hell one of the Phelps kids from the Westboro Church left and is actively speaking out against them. I guess I do think it is sad seeing children brainwashed with this stuff, but it isn't my business. Much like I don't like religious missionaries, I don't think it is my job, or anyone's job, to persuade people to lose their faith. None of my business, just like it shouldn't be the concern of a fundie if they think homosexuality banishes you to an eternity in a fire pit. But again, I do like the "youare not alone" campaign. It is like the early days of making it OK to come out as gay. I'm all for that. I dream of the day I can say I don't believe in G-d without being considered a pariah.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Syb, 47% of the country thinks the universe is less than 10,000 years old. Many of these people are in congress. 85% of the country doesn't think that the mechanism that drives evolution is natural selection but instead the finger of fucking God. This country is absolutely infected with religion. Any amount of hope that religion provides is trumped by the massive amounts of pain and oppression that results from it. Not to even mention the stifling of science and education. Those passive Christians that you speak of...just by virtue of saying, "Yeah I kinda think I can be immortal by believing in the redeeming powers of child blood sacrifice"...they're providing all of the power to the fundies. I don't expect to change the fundies minds...I want them on the sidelines where they belong so the grown-ups can make the decisions. This way instead of arguing over what Jesus or Mohammed would want, we can just argue over what the best paths for societal progress are. That's the rational world that I want for my kids. That's why it's important to make people think about the dangers of surrendering their critical faculties in the name of religious faith. There's nothing militant or malicious about it. You can challenge someone's ideas while still respecting the people themselves.