Random Politics

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Random Politics

Post by Johnnie »

Then there's this fun shit going down:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

My sister runs Senator Hirono's (D. Hawaii) office - not the political end, staffing etc., and she said that the Senator and the other Hawaiians in the office called Gabbard the C-Word pretty much whenever her name came up.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The only difference between her and Lee Harvey Oswald is that Oswald’s actions directly caused only one American death.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:30 pm Crime in plain sight is my favorite!
The crime of attending a rally?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Johnnie was facetiously speaking in her voice since she claimed to just be there to watch.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

P.D.X. wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:41 pm Johnnie was facetiously speaking in her voice since she claimed to just be there to watch.
That, but also she's being a serious power player behind the scenes with all of this bullshit.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:25 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:41 pm Johnnie was facetiously speaking in her voice since she claimed to just be there to watch.
That, but also she's being a serious power player behind the scenes with all of this bullshit.
Oh for sure. She's horrid and always has been, and Justice Thomas should be automatically recused from any case that is even remotely political. But Supreme Court justices are not subject to any rules whatsoever.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Daylight Savings Time is apparently bipartisan. Who knew?

Edit:

Goddammit. I didn't see the other thread.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

It's the whining about changing the clocks that's bipartisan.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Herschel Walker....GOP Senate Candidate...

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

If you see the video, Hershel comes off as even more of a moron. I can't find a version I can embed:

https://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2022/03 ... -evolution
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:08 pm If you see the video, Hershel comes off as even more of a moron. I can't find a version I can embed:

When in doubt, search Twitter.

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:24 pm
The Sybian wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:08 pm If you see the video, Hershel comes off as even more of a moron. I can't find a version I can embed:

When in doubt, search Twitter.

A reply from that tweet:

Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Jesus fucking Christ. Burn it.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

What's J6 refer to?
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

pruitt2 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:45 pm What's J6 refer to?
Insurrection against the United States Government occurred on January 6th, 2021.
Noli Timere Messorem
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

EnochRoot wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:11 pm
pruitt2 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:45 pm What's J6 refer to?
Insurrection against the United States Government occurred on January 6th, 2021.
Oh good God.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Most of us here are in the target age for the generation that insulted us as children under the guise of "correction" by asking us if we believed everything we were told.

And, now that generation...
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

KBJ's nomination hearings begin today. Looking forward to the dog whistles.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:47 am Most of us here are in the target age for the generation that insulted us as children under the guise of "correction" by asking us if we believed everything we were told.

And, now that generation...
Yet the believers think the rest of us are sheep believing what the MSM is telling us, while they are the ones who see the REAL truth.
-Pruitt
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:01 am KBJ's nomination hearings begin today. Looking forward to the dog whistles.
Nah... Lindsey says it's all going to be above board -
“There won’t be any questioning of where you go to church, what kind of groups you’re in in church, how you decide to raise your kids, what you believe and how you believe in God,” Graham said. “Nobody’s going to do that. And that’s a good thing. So … you’re the beneficiary of Republican nominees having their lives turned upside down.”
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Yeah the GOP would never stand for that kind of thing
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Bruh. These fucking questions.

L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I haven't been following. Have they dropped any N-bombs yet?
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:49 pm I haven't been following. Have they dropped any N-bombs yet?
No, but the party tweeted this...

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

It appears the GOP know they can't vote no on KBJ, so they are going to great lengths to reopen the Kavanaugh and ACB hearings to show they are the Party of civility and fairness while the Dems are the ones who play dirty. 3 minutes to set that up. Stupid. At least make some crazy statement Fox can show out of context to make you look like a Culture Warrior hero. Like Hawley with his disgusting CRT allusions in his address yesterday.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Was her answer good enough that Graham had to avoid his "on a scale of 1 to 10, how black do you consider yourself" follow-up?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

In a Senate full of insufferable windbag assholes, Ted Cruz really goes out of his way to be the worst.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

At least there was this today.

L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I didn't have "GOP Senator says that a state has the right to stop interracial marriage if it wanted to" on my 2022 BINGO card, but here we are.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:38 am I didn't have "GOP Senator says that a state has the right to stop interracial marriage if it wanted to" on my 2022 BINGO card, but here we are.
Especially to a black nominee married to a white man. They are despicable.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

In his defense, it must be tough to speak extemporaneously when the parts of your party's agenda that aren't fueled by money are fueled by bigotry, but there are still a few bigotries you're not supposed to do outloud yet.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:38 am I didn't have "GOP Senator says that a state has the right to stop interracial marriage if it wanted to" on my 2022 BINGO card, but here we are.
Fuck me. I hate this state and the backward ass politics.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:42 am
And last time I checked, Long Dong Thomas is married to an incredibly white woman.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

pruitt2 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:49 am
The Sybian wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:42 am
And last time I checked, Long Dong Thomas is married to an incredibly white woman.
Oh, incredibly white, as we see from her text messages.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Imagine if Sotomayor's husband texted something like "I don't think BLM protests are all bad", let alone this insane shit direct to the chief of staff.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

To provide a little background on this, Sen Mike Braun walked back the implications of his statement. IMO, he showed a glaring error in the GOP movement for the past 40-50 years. Groups like the Federalist Society were organized to make some backwards ass laws (mostly extreme Christian Right and racist ideas) seem legit. It all started in response to the "Liberal Judicial Activist" Justices in the 1960s. They used some stretched logic to expand the rights of individuals in the face of states limiting the rights. The Court extended the previous breadth of Constitutional Rights by saying certain things were within "the penumbra" of the Rights granted by the Constitution.

The GOP made it a goal to use the Courts to push their regressive agenda, and their 40 year plan is finally working. All of the shit they talk about "strict construction" of the Constitution is all made up bullshit to take back the Courts. Scalia was an early founder of this group and movement, and they recruit hard in law schools, preaching States Rights, evil Liberal Judicial Activism spreading their America-hating ideas; and the GOP loving the Constitution so much we can't extend logic beyond the very few words written 250 years ago, so we can't allow the realities of our changing world to adapt our interpretations of the words. If the Constitution does not explicitly give you the Right, you don't have it. "Constitution specifically doesn't say you can marry a different races, so States can prohibit it."

So what were these horrible decisions these vile Leftist Activist Justices imposed on us? Preventing states from enforcing laws prohibiting interracial marriage (Loving v. Virginia), preventing states from prohibiting the sale of birth control because it's against Catholicism (Griswold v. Connecticut), lots of cases prohibiting racial segregation and discrimination... Always ensuring States can't limit our basic freedoms.

Braun wanted to argue that States Rights is important, and the Federal government shouldn't have the authority to impose upon the States. Sounds potentially reasonable until you realize what the cases they fight against actually do. They say they are against the Liberal Activist decisions, but when you say, "oh, so you think a state should be able to criminalize oral sex between married couples in the privacy of their home?" and they can't defend that, but they have half the country rallying behind their terminologies and deathly afraid of the evil Liberal Activist Justices who hate America and want to destroy it (by protecting individual liberties over the state, while they cry for more freedom and small government).
-Pruitt
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

More fun with Hershel Walker

Sure it's funny that he misspeaks and says CTR, but the money line is "Critical Race Theory, can you tell me what that means?" Railing against teaching something you don't understand. I just can't fathom running a campaign and publicly speaking on something I admittedly don't know the first thing about. Not to mention, he is running for office because he is sick of schools teaching something that isn't taught in public schools. I'm so sick of these stupid culture war bullshit issues the GOP invent.
-Pruitt