Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Offseason

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 20

Post by rass »

Well, that's exciting!

I know the game just spits out the same cliched snippets over and over again, but in this case it really seems to fit in-game wlu_lax's personality.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Still livin the dream. Lot of handshakes on the way out. I'll be ready.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnny Carwash wrote:NEWS AND NOTES:
- Since starting the year 2-9, DSafetyGuy has won 5 of his past 6 decisions.

1.70 ERA in that span almost makes up for the 21 BB in 37 innings.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 21

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 21 UPDATE

Sports Frogs Bang Out 9-5 Win Versus Danbury
The first-place Burlington Sports Frogs picked up another win at Green Mountain Grounds.

BrontoBurglar
had a hand in Burlington defeating Danbury by the score of 9-5. BrontoBurglar went 3 for 4 at the plate, scoring 1 times and driving in 2 runs. Brian earned the win for Burlington. He lasted 7.2 innings, allowing 4 earned runs on 8 hits, while striking out 2. With the win, he raised his record to 11-6.

Though it wasn't a flawless game -- few are -- the fans who filled the stands at Green Mountain Grounds seemed to enjoy watching the Bensell Conference action.

"I still think this team has room for improvement," BrontoBurglar told the Burlington Observer.

Burlington leads the Bensell Conference Northeast Division by 4½ games.

Sports Frogs Subdue Danbury, 5-3
The Burlington Sports Frogs picked up a win at Green Mountain Grounds, knocking off the Danbury Hatters, 5-3. Starting pitcher DSafetyGuy, who captured player of the game honors, was a big reason why. DSafetyGuy got the win, improving to 8-10. He allowed 5 hits and walked 1 over 7 innings. DSafetyGuy allowed 2 earned runs. Shirley converted his 20th save in 23 tries.

Pruitt, who is tied for 8th in the Bensell in total bases with 275, chipped in for Burlington with a 3-run home run in the bottom of the first. For the game, the third baseman had 2 hits in 5 at-bats with 1 home run, 1 single, 1 run scored, and 3 RBI.

"It feels good, just a great win all around," Pruitt said after the game.

Burlington leads the Bensell Conference Northeast Division by 4½ games.

Hatters Top Sports Frogs Behind Chinchilla, 7-3
The Danbury Hatters picked up a win at Green Mountain Grounds, knocking off the Burlington Sports Frogs, 7-3. Starting pitcher Carlos Chinchilla, who captured player of the game honors, was a big reason why. With the win, the Hatters improved to 60-66.

Chinchilla allowed no runs over 7 innings. He also racked up 7 strikeouts.

"I just tried to attack the bottom of the zone," Chinchilla said.

Sports Frogs Bang Out 6-1 Win Versus Nassau
The Burlington Sports Frogs picked up a win at Nassau Ballpark, knocking off the Nassau Tourists, 6-1. Starting pitcher Sabo, who captured player of the game honors, was a big reason why. Burlington leads the Bensell Conference Northeast Division by 4½ games.

The Sports Frogs got a big at-bat from third baseman Pruitt. For the game, Pruitt went 2-5 with 2 home runs. He drove in 3 runs and scored twice. In the top of the first, with a runner on 2nd, he stroked a 2-run home run. His 42nd home run of the season gave Burlington a 2-0 lead.

"I still think this team has room for improvement," Sabo told the Burlington Observer.

Tourists Continue Skid Thanks to EnochRoot, Sports Frogs
A nice crowd turned out to see the Burlington Sports Frogs and Nassau Tourists clash at Nassau Ballpark.

The Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Nassau Tourists, 8-2, at Nassau Ballpark today. Leading the charge for Burlington was center fielder EnochRoot. He was 2-3 with a home run, a double, a walk, and was hit by a pitch. He scored 2 runs and drove in 4. Degenerasian earned the win for Burlington. He lasted 7 innings, allowing 1 earned run on 4 hits, while striking out 7. With the win, he raised his record to 11-6.

BrontoBurglar aided the Burlington cause with a 2-run single in the top of the second. For the game, the first baseman went 2-5 with 2 singles. He drove in 2 runs.

"I still think this team has room for improvement," BrontoBurglar told the Burlington Observer.

The losing streak for Nassau has now reached 4 games.

wlu_lax Hits 2 home runs in Sports Frogs Win
The Burlington Sports Frogs stymied the Nassau Tourists, 4-2, at Nassau Ballpark. wlu_lax, who had a good day at the plate, was named player of the game. He hit 2 home runs, while adding 3 RBI and scoring twice for Burlington. Brian earned the win for Burlington. He lasted 7 innings, allowing 2 earned runs on 4 hits, while striking out 5. With the win, he raised his record to 12-6. The Tourists have now dropped 5 straight.

wlu_lax had a big at-bat with a runner on 1st in the top of the fourth inning, when he hit a 2-run home run. The Sports Frogs went on to win.

Nassau manager Chase Wilkins said he was "mildly disappointed" with the loss. "We had our opportunities, but we didn't take advantage of them," he said.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- For the second straight week, wlu_lax won the Bensell Conference Player of the Week Award after going 11-for-21 with 2 HR and 6 RBI.

- Rams Fanny is still looking for his first major league hit.

- Who's Hot: Players whose performance has notably improved since the start of July:
    DSafe: 6-1, 1.84 ERA
    L-Jam: 2.67 ERA
    EnochRoot: .324 BA, 5 HR
- Who's Not: Players whose performance has notably declined since the start of July:
    duff: .184 BA
    bengal: 5.49 ERA
- A_B spontaneously grew what looks like either a weak attempt at a Yosemite Sam mustache or a combination of a Cheetos binge and bad hygiene:

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 69-57. Here's how our Swampers are doing:

Ryan: .271/.333/.458, 1 HR
P.D.X.: .305/.356/.400, 1 HR
BSF21: .321/.429/.415, 0 HR
bfj: .388/.439/.633, 3 HR
HaulCitgo: 0-0, 0.00 ERA (5 IP)

When the rosters expand on Sept. 1, everyone will be called back up to the majors.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

After a 5-1 week, we picked up another game on Utica and now hold the best record in the league:

After a relatively easy stretch the last few weeks, we'll face a tougher set of games this upcoming week, with a series at Dundalk, a one-off rainout makeup game at Chattanooga, and then a series at Mid-Atlantic leaders Wilmington. Here are the projected starters:

8/28 @ DUN - DSafe
8/29 @ DUN - TT
8/30 @ DUN - Sabo
8/31 @ CHA - Degen
9/1 @ WIL - Brian
9/2 @ WIL - DSafe
9/3 @ WIL - TT

Stay tuned...
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Does anyone on this team have a chance for individual awards this season? Is wlu_lax an MVP candidate? Do brian and I have a chance at winning the Cy Young?
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Sabo wrote:Does anyone on this team have a chance for individual awards this season? Is wlu_lax an MVP candidate? Do brian and I have a chance at winning the Cy Young?

You lead the conference in wins, but there are a few guys with significantly lower ERAs etc., so you're probably not a Cy Young front-runner unless the only voter is Joe Morgan.

wlu_lax leads the conference in WAR, so he's definitely an MVP candidate. There are also Gold Glove and Silver Slugger awards, plus a "custom award" I can manually give to anyone--that might be a fun thing to crowdsource.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash wrote:
Sabo wrote:Does anyone on this team have a chance for individual awards this season? Is wlu_lax an MVP candidate? Do brian and I have a chance at winning the Cy Young?

You lead the conference in wins, but there are a few guys with significantly lower ERAs etc., so you're probably not a Cy Young front-runner unless the only voter is Joe Morgan.

wlu_lax leads the conference in WAR, so he's definitely an MVP candidate. There are also Gold Glove and Silver Slugger awards, plus a "custom award" I can manually give to anyone--that might be a fun thing to crowdsource.

virtual wlu_lax's general surliness probably means he has upset all of the local media. That will hurt MVP chances.

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I'd like to nominate EnochRoot for his clandestine spiking of BSF21's creatine shakes. He mixed in some heavy metals to slow his bat down and make him otherwise generally useless on the base paths. It may have also messed with his brain's internal compass which caused him to take some specious routes on some fly balls.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

FYI—in addition to the guys we sent down to AAA earlier, some Swampers of the past may be making cameos when the September call-ups happen next week...
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Come on... I'm on pace to beat Gehrig for 2nd in all time single season RBIs.

And, unlike other sluggers that I won't name, I am not a clubhouse distraction.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Pruitt wrote:And, unlike other sluggers that I won't name, I am not a clubhouse distraction.

What did you say? Having a hard time hearing through all the Player of the Week Awards clattering into each other.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I still think this team has room for improvement.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 22

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 22 UPDATE

Victory Pushes Sports Frogs Record to 82-50
In a tight contest at Old Bay Ballpark, the Burlington Sports Frogs edged the Dundalk Old Bays by the score of 4-3. Burlington left fielder Mister D, who blasted 1 home run, was named the player of the game. The win was credited to L-Jam in relief. His record improves to 3-3. Antonio Rodriguez took the loss. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 82-50 with this latest triumph.

Burlington used the timely hitting of EnochRoot to seize the win. The center fielder stroked a 2-run single in the top of the seventh inning to put the Sports Frogs on top, 4-2. It was his only hit in 5 at-bats, but it was a game-changer.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," Mister D said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

Extra-Inning Win by Sports Frogs over Old Bays
Burlington Sports Frogs starter TT2.0 pitched a strong game against the Dundalk Old Bays at Old Bay Ballpark, leading the Sports Frogs to a 7-4 win. govmentchedda got the save, his 1st in 1 chances. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 83-50 with this latest triumph.

BrontoBurglar chipped in for Burlington with a solo home run in the top of the 13th. For the game, the first baseman had 2 hits in 6 at-bats with 1 home run, 1 single, 1 run scored, and 1 run batted in.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," TT2.0 said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

Victory Pushes Sports Frogs Record to 84-50
Sabo pitched a gem to lead Burlington to a 5-1 victory over the Dundalk Old Bays. The Old Bays, at 65-68, have lost 4 in a row.

Burlington needed the clutch hitting of bapo! to notch the win. The center fielder hammered a solo home run in the top of the seventh inning to put the Sports Frogs on top, 2-1. For the game, bapo! had 1 home run and 1 single in 2 at-bats.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," Sabo said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

Victory Pushes Sports Frogs Record to 85-50
The Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Chattanooga Crackers, 5-2. Earning player of the game honors was first baseman BrontoBurglar, who was 1-3 with a double and 2 walks. He drove in 3 runs. The win was credited to Rush2112 in relief. His record improves to 7-0. Omar Escamilla took the loss. Shirley got the save, his 23rd in 27 chances.

Early in the game, BrontoBurglar had a bases-clearing double for Burlington. It was his 22nd double of the season and put the Sports Frogs on top, 3-0.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," BrontoBurglar said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 85-50 with this latest triumph.

Sports Frogs Stymie Wilmington, Take 5-1 Win
Burlington rode a good effort from starter Brian to beat the Wilmington Creditors at Heimlich Park. The final score was 5-1. The Sports Frogs own a robust 86-50 mark.

The Sports Frogs got a big at-bat from right fielder Duff. For the game, Duff went 1 for 5. He drove in 2 runs. In the top of the first, with runners on 2nd and 3rd, he stroked a 2-run single. His 129th hit of the season gave Burlington a 2-0 lead.

"Nice to put this one in the win column," said Duff.

wlu_lax Helps Sports Frogs Run Win Streak to 9
Burlington and Wilmington put this game in the books despite some rain.

Burlington second baseman wlu_lax had 3 ribbies while helping his team defeat the Wilmington Creditors, 7-5. The Sports Frogs own a robust 87-50 mark.

wlu_lax had a game-changing home run in the top of the ninth. On a 0-1 curveball from Chris Angermeier, he banged a 2-run home run to left-center, giving the Sports Frogs a 6-5 lead. It was the 33rd home run of the year for wlu_lax.

"I wouldn't want to be playing us right now," said Burlington manager Johnny Carwash.

Creditors Mow Down Sports Frogs, 9-4
EnochRoot did all he could to help his team win. In the end, though, it wasn't enough to keep the Burlington Sports Frogs from losing, 9-4, to the Wilmington Creditors at Heimlich Park. EnochRoot was 3 for 5 with a home run and 2 singles. He drove in 3 runs and scored once. The win was Robert Barrientos's in relief. His record improves to 1-0. TT2.0 took the loss for Burlington. Wilmington is now 82-53, 16½ games up in the Bensell Conference Mid-Atlantic Division.

The Creditors got a big at-bat from center fielder Luigi Salimbeni. For the game, Salimbeni was 1-4 with a home run. In the bottom of the sixth, with the bases empty, he stroked a solo home run. His 1st home run of the season gave Wilmington a 5-4 lead.

"We took advantage of our opportunities," Salimbeni told the Wilmington Observer. "It's as simple as that."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

September call-ups!
All players who had previously been demoted to AAA return to the major league roster for the remainder of the regular season: Ryan, P.D.X., BSF21, bigfatjew, and HaulCitgo.

Additionally, some of our veteran minor leaguers have been called up for a cup of coffee:

blundercrush has been a solid starter for our AAA team this year. He has a wide arsenal of pitches, though none are top-notch, and his velocity tops out in the low 90s. Head Scout's assessment of blundercrush is simply: "Diplomatic."

teeteebee is wrapping up a good campaign as our AAA team's closer. He has a good cut fastball and slider, but a shitty changeup. His stuff and movement are solid, but he sometimes struggles with command. Head Scout says, "teeteebee never gets caught up in the hype."

Baloney has been a dependable starting shortstop in AAA, and can fill in adequately at all the other infield positions. He has a little pop in his bat and OK plate discipline, but probably won't be able to make consistent contact at the major league level. Head scout says, "Baloney is intelligent on and off the field."

kranepool's natural position is first base, but he can also hold down a corner outfield spot. A slightly above-average hitter by AAA standards, his most unique skill is his uncanny ability to swipe an occasional base despite poor speed. Head Scout says, "kranepool often shows a lack of effort. Also, fuck kranepool."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- We suffered a series of minor injuries this week, but none that should have a serious impact:

- EnochRoot sprained his elbow making a defensive play, which will moderately impede his throwing arm for a couple weeks. I might give him a few games off.
    - bapo! suffered a bruised thumb when hit by a pitch and is day-to-day.
    - Degen left his last outing with a sore back and is day-to-day. I might hold him out of his next start.
    - blundercrush sprained his ankle during his first major league inning and is day-to-day. He is also upset that he is not already in the starting rotation.
- Brian won Bensell Conference Pitcher of the Month after going 5-1 with a 3.16 ERA.

- Rams Fanny finally got his first major league hit!

- For the first time in a while, our team chemistry is "Content" and we don't have any players openly complaining. Here is our bench coach's assessment of some of our players' personality types:

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 72-60.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Another strong week expanded our lead over Utica to 7 games going into the last month of the season—a healthy lead, but we're not out of '78 Red Sox territory yet:

We'll start next week with a three-game set at home vs. the Manassas Asses, before heading on the road for a series with Middlesex. Here are the projected starters:

9/4 vs MAN - Sabo
9/5 vs MAN - Degen (or possible injury fill-in)
9/6 vs MAN - Brian
9/8 @ MID - DSafe
9/9 @ MID - TT
9/10 @ MID - Sabo

Most of our remaining games are against our division rivals, with two series against Utica, hopefully giving us a chance to put things away.

Stay tuned...
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

"I wouldn't want to be playing us right now"

*Immediately loses next game.

Beer on me for the first one of you that works in an office who prints out "Putting it together today and coming out with the win, that's the main thing" and posts it in a public area as a motivational thing. That would be great.

So sorry to hear about Enoch going down the same week I come back up to the bigs...
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Lots of options here: Stevie Y, Tony Gwynn, Wills Reed....but there is really only one correct answer
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

A 9.2 WAR would be tied for 109th on the all time single season list with folks like:
Pujols in 2008
Joe Morgan in 73
Honus Wanger in 09
Ted Williams in 49
Shoeless Joe in 11
Jimmie Foxx in 33
Ty Cobb in 12
Jason Giambi in 2001
Bonds i n 2003

https://www.baseball-reference.com/lead ... ason.shtml
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Wonder how many of them posted about their seasons on message boards. Something to think about as we enter the homestretch.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

We put it together this week and came out with the wins. That's the main thing.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Whatever our differences are as people, once the game starts all that matters is what goes on between the white lines.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 23

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 23 UPDATE

Victory Pushes Sports Frogs Record to 88-51
Sabo pitched a gem to lead Burlington to a 6-1 victory over the Manassas Asses. In 6 innings, Sabo surrendered 5 hits, while striking out 6 and walking 3. He allowed 1 run. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 88-51 with this latest triumph.

EnochRoot aided the Burlington cause with a run-scoring single in the bottom of the sixth. For the game, the center fielder went 2-5 with 2 singles. He scored 2 times.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," Sabo said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

Victory Pushes Sports Frogs Record to 89-51
Despite a great performance by Manassas first baseman Kevin Mosely, the Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Asses by the score of 5-4 at Green Mountain Grounds. Mosely went 2 for 3 with a double and a walk, while adding 3 RBI. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 89-51 with this latest triumph.

BrontoBurglar aided the Burlington cause with a 2-run single in the bottom of the fourth. For the game, the first baseman went 2 for 4 with 2 singles. He drove in 2 runs.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," BrontoBurglar said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

Cruz Slaps 5 Hits
The Manassas Asses stopped the Burlington Sports Frogs by a score of 23-7 at Green Mountain Grounds today, with the lion's share of the credit going to third baseman Hugo Cruz. The 26-year-old had a career day, collecting 5 hits.

"Every batter wants to have a quality at-bat every time he steps up to the plate," Cruz said later. "He wants to hit the ball hard."

Cruz did just that in his 7 at-bats, much to the chagrin of the Sports Frogs.

"Not much that I can say," offered Burlington manager Johnny Carwash. "He just hammered the heck out of us."

Hugo Cruz grounded out in the 1st, singled in the 3rd, singled in the 5th, hit a two-run home run off Rush2112 in the 6th, hit an RBI single in the 7th, hit a three-run triple in the 8th and flied out in the 9th.

This year Cruz has collected a .238 batting average to date with 136 hits in 571 at-bats, 69 RBIs, 12 home runs and scored 86 times. He has played in 135 games.

Late Rally by Offenders Secures Win
In a tight contest at Bears Ballpark, the Middlesex Offenders edged the Burlington Sports Frogs by the score of 6-5. Middlesex second baseman Felipe Bernal, who blasted 2 home runs, was named the player of the game. Middlesex currently is in 4th place in the Bensell Conference Northeast Division at 63-78.

Ryan Rau was the walk-off hero for Middlesex. With the game tied in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Offenders pinch hitter hit a dramatic run-scoring double to send the teams home.

"Some of the guys in here work hard, some of the guys just kind of fall out of bed and get it done. Whatever works I guess, we won this one," Rau told the Middlesex Times.

Victory Pushes Sports Frogs Record to 90-53
The Burlington Sports Frogs and Middlesex Offenders lit up the scoreboard at Bears Ballpark.

The Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Middlesex Offenders, 16-8. Earning player of the game honors was catcher A_B, who went 2-5 with a home run and a walk. He scored 3 times and drove in 3. The win was credited to L-Jam in relief. His record improves to 4-3. Mario Sixtos took the loss.

A_B had a game-changing home run in the top of the seventh. On a first pitch fastball from Mario Sixtos, he banged a 3-run home run to center, giving the Sports Frogs a 10-7 lead. It was the 9th home run of the year for A_B.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," A_B said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 90-53 with this latest triumph.

Injury Report: EnochRoot suffered a leg injury while running the bases.

Late Rally by Offenders Secures Win
In a tight contest at Bears Ballpark, the Middlesex Offenders edged the Burlington Sports Frogs by the score of 6-5. Middlesex second baseman Felipe Bernal, who blasted 1 home run, was named the player of the game. Middlesex currently is in 4th place in the Bensell Conference Northeast Division at 64-79.

Bernal had a game-changing single in the bottom of the ninth. On a 1-0 fastball from Shirley, he banged a run-scoring single to center, giving the Offenders a 6-5 lead. It was the 155th hit of the year for Bernal.

"We won," Bernal told assembled media after the game. "I guess that's all that really matters."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- EnochRoot's injury turned out to be a torn quadriceps, which unfortunately may potentially end his season. BSF21 will fill in for the time being (convenient, right?)

- wlu_lax had a 24-game hit streak ended this week.

- We're getting to the point where we need to start thinking about player contracts. Below is a list of players whose contracts are expiring, and their current demands. You'll see that the demands can vary wildly in relation to their performance this year, which could lead to some interesting clubhouse politics:

Duff: $20M/year, 7 years
    Pruitt: $17M/year, 4 years
    brian: $16M/year, 4 years
    sancarlos: $8M/year, 5 years
    mister d: $7M/year, 6 years
    bapo!: $6M/year, 5 years
    Shirley: $4M/year, 4 years
    TT2.0: $3M/year, 2 years
    Baloney: $1M/year, 2 years

I'm honestly not sure how to handle this. If we end up doing this again next year, we have a few options. I could just re-sign everyone (if the team has the money), spin off a second Swamp-run team, or just let people go and see where the game takes them on its own. I'm open to suggestions, so let me know what you think...

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 76-62. With one more win they can clinch their division over the second-place Owings Mills Ambassadors. Go Coats!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

This game must have a real hard-on for Utica, who refuses to go away. While we went 3-3 last week, Utica streaked to 5-1, shaving two games off our division lead:

Next week begins with a series of immense importance as we host Utica for three games, one of two remaining series with them this season. Following that is another three-game homestand vs. Middlesex. Here are our scheduled starters:

9/11 vs UTI - Degen
9/12 vs UTI - Brian
9/13 vs UTI - DSafe
9/15 vs MID - TT
9/16 vs MID - Sabo
9/17 vs MID - Degen

Stay tuned...
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

One of my kid's is playing a Middlesex County (NJ) youth team in soccer this fall. Might have to call them the Offenders in an email at some point and see if anyone gets it.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Guy was known as "Dirty Bertie"
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Ouch. I'll just say that teams throughout history that have amassed a .625 winning percentage this late into the season, likely have fantastic defensive range up the middle.

Hopefully BSF21 has on his sailing shoes?
Noli Timere Messorem
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

EnochRoot wrote:Ouch. I'll just say that teams throughout history that have amassed a .625 winning percentage this late into the season, likely have fantastic defensive range up the middle.

I was crushing the ball for the Coats. I'll be steadfast until your return.

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

BSF21 wrote:
EnochRoot wrote:Ouch. I'll just say that teams throughout history that have amassed a .625 winning percentage this late into the season, likely have fantastic defensive range up the middle.

Torn quad? I think ol' Enoch is gonna be looking into a future career as a web designer. Godspeed, BSF.
Noli Timere Messorem
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

EnochRoot wrote:
BSF21 wrote:

Torn quad? I think ol' Enoch is gonna be looking into a future career as a web designer. Godspeed, BSF.

The brightest stars always burn shortest. Better to burn out than to fade away. Other some such Neil Young stuff.

You'll be fine. It's not like you're Eric Berry. (Too Soon?)

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

You could have gone much darker with that joke...
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

rass wrote:You could have gone much darker with that joke...

Well, the darker the Berry...
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

we have three guys OPSing over 1.000 and only have a five game lead in the standings?!
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Brontoburglar wrote:we have three guys OPSing over 1.000 and only have a five game lead in the standings?!

Maybe if you didn't injure yourself every other week that would be different.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I'm disappointed, I thought there was going to be a page of you guys arguing over your fake selves' fake salary demands.