Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Offseason

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 23

Post by Brontoburglar »

bfj wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:we have three guys OPSing over 1.000 and only have a five game lead in the standings?!

Maybe if you didn't injure yourself every other week that would be different.

I'm a fragile snowflake who gets physically triggered easily
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

So it's stress bacne?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Ryan wrote:So it's stress bacne?

gotta stop the juice
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnny Carwash wrote:I'm disappointed, I thought there was going to be a page of you guys arguing over your fake selves' fake salary demands.

I will say that there's no way that Duff is worth that kind of money. His numbers just don't compare to mine.

If we start negotiations soon, I could be open to maybe thinking about discussing a hometown discount.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I'm playing through next week's games right now and Bronto just got suspended for charging the mound, so possible signs of roid rage?
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Pruitt wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:I'm disappointed, I thought there was going to be a page of you guys arguing over your fake selves' fake salary demands.

I will say that there's no way that Duff is worth that kind of money. His numbers just don't compare to mine.

If we start negotiations soon, I could be open to maybe thinking about discussing a hometown discount.

Listen up, you old fat fuck. My pinky toe is more valuable then your precious numbers. Must be nice to be surrounded by all that protection in this lineup. And play a real position. 3B...please. Play someplace where you need to move a bit. Might help with the waistline.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Okay Pete Incaviglia Jr.

That's pretty rich coming from a rightfielder.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

At least I can run fast enough to go through the outfield wall.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash wrote:
I'm honestly not sure how to handle this. If we end up doing this again next year, we have a few options. I could just re-sign everyone (if the team has the money), spin off a second Swamp-run team, or just let people go and see where the game takes them on its own. I'm open to suggestions, so let me know what you think...

I vote that if you keep going, you play it straight. Sign who makes sense, trade others, etc. Starting over seems like too much of the same. Trying to re-sign everyone for the sake of it would basically tie one hand behind the team's back (if not both).
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

wlu_lax6 wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:
I'm honestly not sure how to handle this. If we end up doing this again next year, we have a few options. I could just re-sign everyone (if the team has the money), spin off a second Swamp-run team, or just let people go and see where the game takes them on its own. I'm open to suggestions, so let me know what you think...

I vote that if you keep going, you play it straight. Sign who makes sense, trade others, etc. Starting over seems like too much of the same. Trying to re-sign everyone for the sake of it would basically tie one hand behind the team's back (if not both).

i think my contract demands are reasonable and i wish to stay with our glorious franchise
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

How many more years am I under contract? I was making a pretty good push until my last start.

Er, I mean, "go team."
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I have an idea for resolving the contracts using a poll. Will see about posting it beginning of next week.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Johnny Carwash wrote:I'm playing through next week's games right now and Bronto just got suspended for charging the mound, so possible signs of roid rage?

I need some clenbuterol, stat
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Johnny Carwash wrote:I have an idea for resolving the contracts using a poll. Will see about posting it beginning of next week.

i disagree..the swamp will vote me off the team because "wins" is a worthless stat for a pitcher according to them. make the unpopular move..keep TT as the 4th starter!!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

OK, the poll is up. Here's how it will work:

- Our projected payroll budget for 2018 is $130M.
- We have $83M in salaries for 2018 accounted for so far. This leaves $47M available in annual salaries to re-sign free agents.
- Vote for any combination of players whose annual salaries does not exceed $47M.
- Once the poll is done, I will rank the players by number of votes and re-sign in that order until we hit the $47M limit.

e: Was going to add that you should be carefully making your votes in the context of roster composition and player performance rather than out of spite for anyone. Right?
Last edited by Johnny Carwash on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
brian
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 23 - *New Poll - Contract Extensions*

Post by brian »

TT's a pretty easy decision to re-sign since he's not asking for much money. That's a decent salary to pay a 4th or 5th starter.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
duff
Donny

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 23 - *New Poll - Contract Extensions*

Post by duff »

Don't forget to look at the age. Locking me up for a bargain of 20 up to my 35th year on Earth is a great deal. I am right in my prime. Unlike Pruitt who is pushing his limit as an everyday player. Or wasting money on 30 something pitchers who will most likely blow their elbow out. Can you really trust Brian with that large of contract in Vegas? You would just be throwing your money away.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Not really enjoying the throwing your teammates under the bus thing in the middle of the season.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Giff wrote:Not really enjoying the throwing your teammates under the bus thing in the middle of the season.

Leave it to the backup backstop to complain about the real players.

Are you still on the ML roster?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

duff wrote:
Giff wrote:Not really enjoying the throwing your teammates under the bus thing in the middle of the season.

Leave it to the backup backstop to complain about the real players.

Are you still on the ML roster?

The clubhouse was a mess before I got here.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

duff wrote:Don't forget to look at the age. Locking me up for a bargain of 20 up to my 35th year on Earth is a great deal. I am right in my prime. Unlike Pruitt who is pushing his limit as an everyday player. Or wasting money on 30 something pitchers who will most likely blow their elbow out. Can you really trust Brian with that large of contract in Vegas? You would just be throwing your money away.

I'll have you know I keep myself in pristine physical condition now that I've switched my drug regiment from alcohol to weed. No psychedelics on gameday though. I'm no Dock Ellis.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

To help with the decision-making, here is a chart breaking down the player personalities.

The emoji faces indicate the player's mood about various factors:
    Txn: Recent team transactions
    Tm: Team performance
    Perf: Player's own performance
    Role: Player's current role on the team
    Chm: Team chemistry
    Mor: Overall player morale
The different colors of the players' names themselves indicate current fatigue/injury/etc. and aren't relevant here.

duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Love how my greed is low, but I am asking for 20 million for 7 years.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"FanFav."

Case rested.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Pruitt wrote:"FanFav."

Case rested.

So was Pablo Sandoval.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

duff wrote:

Case rested.

So was Pablo Sandoval.

Hey Luzinski - your low leadership value is showing.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Case rested.

Trying to avoid bias here, but should point out that fans do get pissed off if a popular player leaves, and this can have an effect on attendance and the resulting revenue.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I'm outspoken and not intelligent so why don't we just go with what I voted for?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnny Carwash wrote:

Case rested.

Trying to avoid bias here, but should point out that fans do get pissed off if a popular player leaves, and this can have an effect on attendance and the resulting revenue.

My bobbleheads do sell quite well. Just sayin'...
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

brian wrote:TT's a pretty easy decision to re-sign since he's not asking for much money. That's a decent salary to pay a 4th or 5th starter.

in the same vein, 16mil per year for brian and his 4+ WAR is a bit of a no brainer. hes a quality pitcher. also keeping the guy with 44 homers seems like a smart move
Last edited by TT2.0 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

TT2.0 wrote:
brian wrote:TT's a pretty easy decision to re-sign since he's not asking for much money. That's a decent salary to pay a 4th or 5th starter.

in the same vein, 4mil per year for brian and his 4+ WAR is a bit of a no brainer.

Don't let TT be your agent.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

rass wrote:
TT2.0 wrote:

in the same vein, 4mil per year for brian and his 4+ WAR is a bit of a no brainer.

Don't let TT be your agent.

i misread it, went back and fixed it
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Just to make clear: The salary demands in the poll are per year, followed by the number of years.

So - Duff's $20M/year, 7 years is $20 million annually, for 7 years, for a total $140 million contract.

You can change your votes if you had misunderstood.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

When anonymous front office sources start leaking that TT lacks attention to detail and can be defensive when suggestions are made for improvement, remember these posts.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This feels personal.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Sources say mister d always makes it about himself, and one pointedly told me that someone needs to remind mister d that there is no "I" in team. Though according to one unsubstantiated but lasting rumor, there was a mister d in the team owner's daughter during a Spring training incident.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

To the chart above, here's some more background on why various guys are beefing:

- rass doesn't get to play full-time due to the logjam at catcher with AB and Giff.
- bfj is similarly limited at 1B behind bronto.
- P.D.X. is considered a top prospect, but rarely gets the chance to play behind Pruitt at 3B.
- mister d has started about 2/3 of the games this season, but is still angry about not starting every day. Also he is really dumb.
- Gunpowder is emerging as a possible star hitter, but still has to share time at the corner OF spots with Duff/mister d/bapo.
- blundercrush is a September call-up who got it into his head that he should instantly be in the starting rotation.

A few other guys are unhappy with their own performance this year (sancarlos, bapo, BSF, L-Jam, Shirley), but otherwise aren't too upset about the team dynamics.

Looking a ways ahead, but one idea I had is to take all the guys we don't re-sign and consolidate them on one other team, to establish a rivalry going forward.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

So I'm dumb, but still smart enough to see I shouldn't be in a timeshare with Bapo, who is unhappy with himself but asking for just $1MM less per year. You guys are idiots.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Hard to understand why the 34 year-old weak-hitting, unmotivated, poor-work ethic shortstop isn't getting more votes!

He is a great fielding shortstop, ya know!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

im overwhelmed by the team support