Re: To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Post by DSafetyGuy »

“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Dammit, you beat me by a minute.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:48 pm
One of the more famous cuckolds.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I get the sense that a lot of you guys are tuning out the ongoing investigation of Trump and probably Bannon, as well.

If you haven't heard the tape released by Mother Jones... Holy shit.

Totally lays out how Trump was knew that mail in ballots were going to lag in-person, that Trump was just going to declare victory and let the chaos (somehow) lead to him staying in office.

Incredibly damning stuff. Good luck in court on Monday, Steve, you fucking moron.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:23 am I get the sense that a lot of you guys are tuning out the ongoing investigation of Trump and probably Bannon, as well.

If you haven't heard the tape released by Mother Jones... Holy shit.

Totally lays out how Trump was knew that mail in ballots were going to lag in-person, that Trump was just going to declare victory and let the chaos (somehow) lead to him staying in office.

Incredibly damning stuff. Good luck in court on Monday, Steve, you fucking moron.
I'm still watching and following, but didn't see the most recent day. When I heard Bannon was testifying, my immediate thought was he was just planning on wasting their time and fucking with the committee. Since it's under oath, he is risking perjury, but since nobody else is facing any consequences, maybe he is counting on that. Steve Bannon is about the least trustworthy source imaginable, I can't see any good coming out of speaking to him. I'm slightly less cynical after learning the levels of desperation his attorney showed, saying it's impossible to go to court when all your defense strategies are gone after the court threw out all of their defenses. Maybe he is trying to mitigate a contempt sentence by showing a willingness to testify, but it's too late. With Bannon, you can only assume the worst.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I think your reasoning as to why he said he would testify now is spot on. And you are also correct that it's too little, too late. It's like robbing a bank and then coming back to the branch and trying to return the money. Nope.

And now that this particular gambit failed, I think it's highly unlikely he follows through.

The bottom line is the guy is on tape, laying out exactly what Trump was going to do BEFORE the election (claiming victory before the absentee ballots were counted). He's then on tape talking about January 6 and the chaos it would bring.

He's a fucking moron and he's going to jail and his tapes are going to give DoJ another arrow.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

What is troubling about the Bannon trial is that they aren't throwing the book at him, just charging a misdemeanor for ignoring the subpeaona.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I just skimmed through his Wikipedia page. Has Steve Bannon really done anything substantial of note, or is he just a replacement-level sycophant? Because I have difficulty understanding why people view this grossly unkempt whiner as some political Svengali.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:15 pm I just skimmed through his Wikipedia page. Has Steve Bannon really done anything substantial of note, or is he just a replacement-level sycophant? Because I have difficulty understanding why people view this grossly unkempt whiner as some political Svengali.
Didn't he make his political name running Breitbart? I think he was instrumental in getting Trump elected.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:47 pm
L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:15 pm I just skimmed through his Wikipedia page. Has Steve Bannon really done anything substantial of note, or is he just a replacement-level sycophant? Because I have difficulty understanding why people view this grossly unkempt whiner as some political Svengali.
Didn't he make his political name running Breitbart? I think he was instrumental in getting Trump elected.
What, just let Trump be his dumb, racist self, and let the dumb racists in red states, in an electoral map that favors the GOP anyway, do their thing? That's what I mean by replacement-level.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:18 pm
The Sybian wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:47 pm
What, just let Trump be his dumb, racist self, and let the dumb racists in red states, in an electoral map that favors the GOP anyway, do their thing? That's what I mean by replacement-level.
I think what separates Bannon is his extreme lack of morals and willing to go the extra mile in his dirty schemes. Just read his Wiki, looks like he was married 3 times. His longest marriage was 3 years. His first marriage ended in divorce in the the same calendar year as the wedding. That's some track record.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

He wears a collared shirt for each ex-wife.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Why do you all keep glossing over his management of Biosphere 2?
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I'm sure this is just a really unfortunate coincidence...

L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Okay, so dumb tech question. Wouldn't the phone provider have at very least the to/from on texts from a number, if not the entirety of what was sent? And if that's the case, couldn't that be discoverable by a search warrant the same way a search warrant can get the call records from a phone number?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:27 pm Okay, so dumb tech question. Wouldn't the phone provider have at very least the to/from on texts from a number, if not the entirety of what was sent? And if that's the case, couldn't that be discoverable by a search warrant the same way a search warrant can get the call records from a phone number?
I would think so. The problem is, that all takes time. I think you still need to pursue it, and look into criminal charges for whoever erased the texts. My fear is this process took so long, Trump will declare his candidacy for 2024, and Garland has indicated he won't indict a candidate to avoid meddling in politics. IMO, doing nothing and allowing a criminal to run for President without fear of indictment is meddling in politics. What happened to nobody being above the law?
-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:27 pm Okay, so dumb tech question. Wouldn't the phone provider have at very least the to/from on texts from a number, if not the entirety of what was sent? And if that's the case, couldn't that be discoverable by a search warrant the same way a search warrant can get the call records from a phone number?
Depends whether or not the USG has their own infrastructure (cell towers, servers, etc) for cell coverage.
Noli Timere Messorem
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I read somewhere that the SS uses 'end-to-end' encryption, and that when the phones are reset, the messages are gone.

Could be just internet nonsense though...
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

I refuse to read this article in the Post as it might make dinner come back up.

But isn't this a headline that makes you want to take a shovel to the head of someone?
Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 7.31.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 7.31.26 PM.png (38.77 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

He seemed to be dropping to his knees for Trump relentlessly after January 6th despite facing a crazy mob that wanted to hang him.

So this is more shocking than anything.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I can’t imagine Pence is so delusional that he thinks he has much support for a run for president.

The maga people hate him now, and everyone else already hated him.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:51 pm I can’t imagine Pence is so delusional that he thinks he has much support for a run for president.

The maga people hate him now, and everyone else already hated him.
Pence never struck me as being grounded in reality.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

That should end Hawley’s national chances, right?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

What a little fucking bitch.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:04 pm
I would think so. The problem is, that all takes time. I think you still need to pursue it, and look into criminal charges for whoever erased the texts. My fear is this process took so long, Trump will declare his candidacy for 2024, and Garland has indicated he won't indict a candidate to avoid meddling in politics. IMO, doing nothing and allowing a criminal to run for President without fear of indictment is meddling in politics. What happened to nobody being above the law?
There have been statements this week from DoJ (a deputy to Garland) saying that Trump running for president in no way shields him from investigation and prosecution.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3565 ... deputy-ag/
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"I mean, we're totally not going to pursue charges or anything like that, but technically him running for president wouldn't affect it if we were."
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

BTW, beyond the shocking footage and hearing Pence's SS team was calling or asking others to call their families... That was wild.

But beyond that, one of the bigger pieces of info that came out (and isn't really getting as much attention as it should) is that Trump's SS folks are (private) lawyering up.

Much more direct and damning news about Trump's state of mind on the 6th are going to come out. (As if we needed anymore proof.)
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 am Trump's SS folks are (private) lawyering up.
Also his Secret Service people.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:10 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 am Trump's SS folks are (private) lawyering up.
Also his Secret Service people.
Ha!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Interesting clip of protestors harassing Officer Fanone after he testified. Check out the "violent assault" at the end. For Stern fans, I really thought it was Benji Bronk for a minute. There was another 6 minute video of the guy saying he is pressing charges. As he bitches to an officer about how long it takes for an ambulance to arrive, "it's a good thing I'm not really hurt..."

-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 am BTW, beyond the shocking footage and hearing Pence's SS team was calling or asking others to call their families... That was wild.

But beyond that, one of the bigger pieces of info that came out (and isn't really getting as much attention as it should) is that Trump's SS folks are (private) lawyering up.

Much more direct and damning news about Trump's state of mind on the 6th are going to come out. (As if we needed anymore proof.)
They deleted messages knowing it was a federal crime, knowing they’d face the wrath of the OIG and other investigative bodies. What for?
Noli Timere Messorem
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:56 pm
Good. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving piece of shit. I’m loving how #HawlinAss is trending on Twitter.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:57 am Interesting clip of protestors harassing Officer Fanone after he testified. Check out the "violent assault" at the end. For Stern fans, I really thought it was Benji Bronk for a minute. There was another 6 minute video of the guy saying he is pressing charges. As he bitches to an officer about how long it takes for an ambulance to arrive, "it's a good thing I'm not really hurt..."

Dude's a Lebron fan, for sure.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Charge
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Finally? Please?

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!