Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 9

Post by govmentchedda »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:26 pm
Johnnie wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:33 am
tennbengal wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:29 am Six left in my larger survivor pool - I went dolphins. The others went cowboys, Saints and bills. My first survivor pool win! $490!
That's awesome. Good shit, TB!
took a good amount of the sting out of a shitty day for the team I root for. Jaw dropped as the bills in particular blew their game.
Could be worse. Could've flown there from Atlanta to watch them lose in person like my old roommate did.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:28 pm
tennbengal wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:26 pm
Johnnie wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:33 am
tennbengal wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:29 am Six left in my larger survivor pool - I went dolphins. The others went cowboys, Saints and bills. My first survivor pool win! $490!
That's awesome. Good shit, TB!
took a good amount of the sting out of a shitty day for the team I root for. Jaw dropped as the bills in particular blew their game.
Could be worse. Could've flown there from Atlanta to watch them lose in person like my old roommate did.
so...I was supposed to be there Sunday but (cross-thread reference) the Covid exposure at work last monday led me to call off the trip...which...worked out.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Holy shit. People are savages. Shouldn't they be wearing masks???

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

You look at a team like the Bears with such a rich history of drafting great QBs and it’s hard to figure how Fields could be such a bust.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Zero people would have believed that guy had two knockout shots in him.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

brian wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:12 pm You look at a team like the Bears with such a rich history of drafting great QBs and it’s hard to figure how Fields could be such a bust.
His fourth quarter gives hope.

Also, while we are here, what the actual fuck, refs.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:17 am
brian wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:12 pm You look at a team like the Bears with such a rich history of drafting great QBs and it’s hard to figure how Fields could be such a bust.

Yeah, that dude needs to be suspended.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

But wasn't the buzz about Fields that he was actually good during the draft, the Bears traded up rightfully to get him, and Matt Nagy was a fool for starting Dalton to begin the season?

Like, I'm not imagining that, right?

(Also, it was weird that while listening to the latest Take Your Shoes Off podcast featuring Cassius Marsh - who's randomly on the Bears now - I was checking Twitter and saw that Cassius Marsh was involved in the play highlighting the poor reffing during the game.)

((Cassius Marsh has his own collectible card store, Cash Cards Unlimited, and is an influencer in the collectible card game space. He's huge into Magic: The Gathering so I follow him more for that than football.))
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Besides the game last night his only other claim to "fame" was saying he didn't have fun during the 3 weeks he played for New England so not sure how'd you really know him from football.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

A_B wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:30 am

Should be fired.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:46 am

Should be fired.
C'mon guys, you're acting like people don't pay $150 a ticket or watch the games on TV to catch the Ref Show.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

It's one thing to make a horrendous call, but to actually be the one who caused the collision while having your hand on the flag should be grounds for immediate dismissal.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:49 am It's one thing to make a horrendous call, but to actually be the one who caused the collision while having your hand on the flag should be grounds for immediate dismissal.
I thought he was flagged for taunting, not bumping the ref. Regardless, your point stands. 100% looked like the ref intentionally bumped him, and it also looked like he didn't do anything to warrant a taunting call.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:35 am But wasn't the buzz about Fields that he was actually good during the draft, the Bears traded up rightfully to get him, and Matt Nagy was a fool for starting Dalton to begin the season?

That is all correct.

I think what happened was when they pursued Dalton as a free agent, they told him he would be their starter this year, making a one-year deal more palatable to him even though a "quarterback of the future" would have to get added at some point. About six weeks later, the surprise opportunity to trade up to draft Fields happened.

And then, they stuck to their guns, as Nagy repeated often about how they had kept Mahomes on the bench as a rookie in Kansas City and he learned their system, etc., etc. I think Pace backed this plan because Dalton was the most expensive free agent they signed in the offseason and if he played well/the team was at least competitive, it looked like a smart move. Of course, Dalton got dinged up and there was no looking back once they made the switch.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:35 am But wasn't the buzz about Fields that he was actually good during the draft, the Bears traded up rightfully to get him, and Matt Nagy was a fool for starting Dalton to begin the season?

(Also, it was weird that while listening to the latest Take Your Shoes Off podcast featuring Cassius Marsh - who's randomly on the Bears now - I was checking Twitter and saw that Cassius Marsh was involved in the play highlighting the poor reffing during the game.)

((Cassius Marsh has his own collectible card store, Cash Cards Unlimited, and is an influencer in the collectible card game space. He's huge into Magic: The Gathering so I follow him more for that than football.))

He is the most massive douche in the NFL. It's truly Marshian to taunt after you got a sack because you were the only guy successfully blocked on the play.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Rush2112 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:33 am Besides the game last night his only other claim to "fame" was saying he didn't have fun during the 3 weeks he played for New England so not sure how'd you really know him from football.
New England was letting Cassius GD Marsh shine
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:46 pm
Giff wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:49 am It's one thing to make a horrendous call, but to actually be the one who caused the collision while having your hand on the flag should be grounds for immediate dismissal.
I thought he was flagged for taunting, not bumping the ref. Regardless, your point stands. 100% looked like the ref intentionally bumped him, and it also looked like he didn't do anything to warrant a taunting call.
He taunted the Steelers sideline but it's just a dumb idea to keep changing games on these things. They need to be at best saved for egregious taunting, not the guy from Nickleback posing for a few seconds because he lucked into a sack.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Gunpowder wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:21 pmHe is the most massive douche in the NFL. It's truly Marshian to taunt after you got a sack because you were the only guy successfully blocked on the play.
It just dawned on me. He was cut by the Steelers. Hence the taunting.
DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:20 pmThat is all correct.
Ok, just checking. I'm getting whiplash keeping track of whether or not the internet wanted Justin Fields to start.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Giff wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:46 am

Should be fired.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian