Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Jerloma
The Dude

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by Jerloma »

Thanks, D. I knew you'd think it was funny but thought you'd say it isn't just to be a contrarian asshole.

(Why is spell check calling me out on "contrarian"?)
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The general concept is funny, but I still say you're the asshole here, because you don't know the guy. If someone I don't know did a shitty job (you either didn't properly soak down the car before washing it or properly rinse it after washing it or both, or didn't really split the car right down the middle) washing my car, unasked for, I would be pissed.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

But as long as it was symmetrical and properly rinsed you'd be cool with it?

I'd think it's hilarious. I'd probably even go introduce myself and take him out to dinner or maybe a Pawsox game.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

If you wanted to be a real asshole, you should've only cleaned the passenger side.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

If I somehow made it to the point I were actually running for President and like in the primaries, I'd lose because I'd slip and tell somebody to shut the fuck up and/or to suck a/my dick.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Gunpowder wrote:If I somehow made it to the point I were actually running for President and like in the primaries, I'd lose because I'd slip and tell somebody to shut the fuck up and/or to suck a/my dick.
I would think I would too but I've somehow managed to elude this scenario through 18 years of corporate America.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jerloma wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:If I somehow made it to the point I were actually running for President and like in the primaries, I'd lose because I'd slip and tell somebody to shut the fuck up and/or to suck a/my dick.
I would think I would too but I've somehow managed to elude this scenario through 18 years of corporate America.
I've come close quite a few times myself. Self-preservation is a powerful instinct.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Have thought of something similar before. If a dark-horse candidate decided to base their campaign on full-bore, brutal honesty, completely unapologetic, and speak his/her mind at all times, explicitly insulting their opponents and simply telling people to fuck off when annoyed...they'd still be a long shot to actually win, but I think they'd at least draw a sizable enough base of support that they'd be a part of the national conversation and be an X-factor in the primaries.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Jerloma wrote:

You don't get questioned daily/get in debates daily/have people in crowds challenging you daily in corporate America. I think it's much easier since you basically just have like a few people you can't piss off.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Johnny Carwash wrote:
Have thought of something similar before. If a dark-horse candidate decided to base their campaign on full-bore, brutal honesty, completely unapologetic, and speak his/her mind at all times, explicitly insulting their opponents and simply telling people to fuck off when annoyed...they'd still be a long shot to actually win, but I think they'd at least draw a sizable enough base of support that they'd be a part of the national conversation and be an X-factor in the primaries.

That would be me. "Who gives a shit about weed?"....uhhh, what was that candidate Gunpowder?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I'm not so sure. Bernie Sanders speaks truth to power (without swearing) and he's still basically a joke candidate on a Ron Paul level (who is another person I legitimately believe was being honest in his statements, etc. as well)

I really, honestly, truly believe he's being honest in all of his public remarks, statements, etc. but half the country thinks he's full of shit before he even opens his mouth and 95 percent of the remaining 50 percent doesn't care because he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote:But as long as it was symmetrical and properly rinsed you'd be cool with it?

I'd think it's hilarious. I'd probably even go introduce myself and take him out to dinner or maybe a Pawsox game.
Definitely not as effective if not symmetrical.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You get pissed if someone half dirties your car, not if they half wash it. What's the downside there?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I get pissed if someone does a half ass job half washing half of my car.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You sound like you have anger problems. I'm going to pray for you.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Yeah, please don't have a stroke.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:You get pissed if someone half dirties your car, not if they half wash it. What's the downside there?
The only thing I can think of is if you have OCD, it could set it into a tailspin. Looking in his car though, I can verify with almost absolute certainty that he doesn't.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I think I've seen the sunrise for the last 40 days.

No problems falling asleep, but many problems staying asleep. I woke up at 3 this morning and gave up on the idea of falling back asleep. Coffee is brewing.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote:
mister d wrote:You get pissed if someone half dirties your car, not if they half wash it. What's the downside there?
The only thing I can think of is if you have OCD...
That was the angle I was working towards with mister d.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

But its very easily fixed. If he painted half my car red, that's another story. Unless it looked really cool.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

You and Chris Christie. Like Carwash said, Christie has a sizable following (no pun intended).

As for the car, I'd be annoyed, as I'd have to get the other half of the car washed.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I'm not a big car guy - I drive a 2000 Accord and rarely wash it, but I still wouldn't be happy about a stranger touching my car like that. Keep off of my shit.

If a friend did it, it would be funny. The creepy old dude who lives across the street from my girlfriend? That's fucking weird.
Totally Kafkaesque
elflaco
Brandt

Post by elflaco »

remember boys and girls.. don't stick your D in crzy...

http://matterdome.com/post/3857-crazy-g ... o-on-fire/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/a ... -1.2229434

but... wouldn't you?

P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

That's what insurance is for.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"You know, your eyes remind me so much of someone, I just can't quite put my finger on who ..."

[dates for a few months]

"Hope Solo. It was Hope Solo. Dammit."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

"[C]reepy, old, dude?"

Really?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If she's in her 20s, you're probably creepy or on the cusp. If she's closer to your age, you're fine.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

So just described Jerloma's prank to a co-worker, he was in stitches. So evidently it is funny.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:If she's in her 20s, you're probably creepy or on the cusp. If she's closer to your age, you're fine.
She's in her 20s but we're like friends.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I stand by my comment. 40 year old dude and 20 year old girl is always going to have some level of creepy.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Closer in age to you or your oldest daughter?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:I stand by my comment. 40 year old dude and 20 year old girl is always going to have some level of creepy.
Alright, she's not 20. She's like 26.
Closer in age to you or your oldest daughter?
In years or maturity level?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Does it matter if she's my cousin's roommate or am I not allowed to hang out with my cousin either?
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Relax brah
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"And yeah, I make some joking comments about her boobs. We're friends. You don't joke with your friends?"
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I interpreted it as the boyfriend of your neighbor's daughter - probably a teenager. It sounds like the real story is not nearly as creepy, but it's still pretty weird.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

If you live in a state that has at least one mountain in it, everyone you meet will immediately ask if you are a skier.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:If you live in a state that has at least one mountain in it, everyone you meet will immediately ask if you are a skier.
I can give you one obvious exception.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote:But its very easily fixed. If he painted half my car red, that's another story. Unless it looked really cool.
This a prank only the old guys would get. In the old days, there was a cheap auto painting chain across the U.S. called Earl Scheib Auto Painting. Every day, there were newspaper ads featuring a picture of Earl's face saying, "I'll paint any car for only $19.95!!!". So, when I was in college, I guy I knew said he borrowed his cousin's car for a week. He said that when he returned the car to his cousin, he said, "Here's your car back, Jim. Now, it's GREEN!"

Yes... he had taken it to Earl Scheib before returning it.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

brian wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:If you live in a state that has at least one mountain in it, everyone you meet will immediately ask if you are a skier.
I can give you one obvious exception.
I can think of two
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The