Apples 2014

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

EnochRoot
The Dude

Re: Apples 2014

Post by EnochRoot »

IMO the best apple is the Macoun - which is a cross between McIntosh and Jersey Black. It's window is only like 4 weeks though (mid autumn between Oct into Nov).
Noli Timere Messorem
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Been eating an apple lately called Wild Twist. The grocer tells me it is a hybrid of a Honeycrisp and a Pink Lady. It’s really good. Quite crisp, sweet and a little tart.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 pm Been eating an apple lately called Wild Twist. The grocer tells me it is a hybrid of a Honeycrisp and a Pink Lady. It’s really good. Quite crisp, sweet and a little tart.
Just had one of those with lunch. They're good...and not so crazy big like the Honeycrisps seem to be lately.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:43 pm
sancarlos wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 pm Been eating an apple lately called Wild Twist. The grocer tells me it is a hybrid of a Honeycrisp and a Pink Lady. It’s really good. Quite crisp, sweet and a little tart.
Just had one of those with lunch. They're good...and not so crazy big like the Honeycrisps seem to be lately.
Around here, the honeycrisps have been much smaller this year, like normal sized apples
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

The last two years it seems the Honeycrisps we are getting here in CO haven't been as good in both taste and appearance...I don't know if WA is keeping all the good ones or what.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?