Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

User avatar
Rams Fanny
Brandt
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:32 pm
Location: Henderson, NV

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by Rams Fanny » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Maybe it's just me noticing or its usage has soared, but I hear tons of people from the kids to people on TV saying "I'm not gonna lie..." or some close variant. Were you planning on it or do you just usually lie? And it's almost always followed by an opinion. So distracting I rarely hear what the person is trying to convey.
My irritation is probably rooted in my Cardinal Rule regarding salespeople: if they say 'to be honest' (or some close variant) three times in a conversation, I walk away or ask them to leave my front door. If you have to reinforce your honesty three times, you're not the type of person I want to deal with.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 5082
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by tennbengal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:23 pm

You think that's bad - try it from your witness in a deposition...

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by TT2.0 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:00 am

Rams Fanny wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:19 pm
Maybe it's just me noticing or its usage has soared, but I hear tons of people from the kids to people on TV saying "I'm not gonna lie..." or some close variant. Were you planning on it or do you just usually lie? And it's almost always followed by an opinion. So distracting I rarely hear what the person is trying to convey.
My irritation is probably rooted in my Cardinal Rule regarding salespeople: if they say 'to be honest' (or some close variant) three times in a conversation, I walk away or ask them to leave my front door. If you have to reinforce your honesty three times, you're not the type of person I want to deal with.
Not gonna lie Im extremely guilty of this
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3416
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by DaveInSeattle » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:41 pm

I was with my daughters and my GF getting some gelato this evening for Father's Day, and there was a guy there, with a few other people, wearing a shirt that said "Fuck You, You Fucking Fucks". Now...what makes a person decide to a)buy that shirt in the first place, and b) wear it out on Father's Day?

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 9684
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by sancarlos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:55 pm

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:41 pm
I was with my daughters and my GF getting some gelato this evening for Father's Day, and there was a guy there, with a few other people, wearing a shirt that said "Fuck You, You Fucking Fucks". Now...what makes a person decide to a)buy that shirt in the first place, and b) wear it out on Father's Day?
A) Because he’s an asshole who mistakes being vulgar for being edgy and witty.
B) See previous answer.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

User avatar
Sabo
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4412
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 am
Location: NE Ohio

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by Sabo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:55 am

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:41 pm
I was with my daughters and my GF getting some gelato this evening for Father's Day, and there was a guy there, with a few other people, wearing a shirt that said "Fuck You, You Fucking Fucks". Now...what makes a person decide to a)buy that shirt in the first place, and b) wear it out on Father's Day?
Are you sure it wasn't Bill Burr?
Based on that look, Guppy Troup leads by a lot more than five.

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 15315
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by mister d » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:01 am

50/50 chance he got that in Wildwood, NJ.
Rush2112 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Dude got a handjob like thousands of old dudes do every day. Big whoop.

User avatar
duff
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1445
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by duff » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Pretty sure I have posted more today than any one week of the past 156.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."

User avatar
Johnny Carwash
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am
Location: Land of 10,000 Sununus

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by Johnny Carwash » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:09 am

What is the deal with like 60% of Americans pronouncing "celery" as "salary"? Where are you seeing the a's?
"All us Swampers are fountains of useless information. We just have different areas of strength." —sancarlos

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 12810
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by A_B » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:11 am

Johnny Carwash wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:09 am
What is the deal with like 60% of Americans pronouncing "celery" as "salary"? Where are you seeing the a's?
I have never heard someone say it that way.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 9684
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by sancarlos » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:00 am

A_B wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:11 am
Johnny Carwash wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:09 am
What is the deal with like 60% of Americans pronouncing "celery" as "salary"? Where are you seeing the a's?
I have never heard someone say it that way.
Must be a New Hampshire thing, Johnny.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1303
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:21 pm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/270 ... esis-prize

Me too hasn't reached the Israeli brethren

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1303
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:23 pm


User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 15401
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: T-Mobile Arena

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by brian » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:29 pm

HaulCitgo wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:21 pm
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/270 ... esis-prize

Me too hasn't reached the Israeli brethren
<insert stereotyping joke about Jews and money here>

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by TT2.0 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:33 pm

disregard
Last edited by TT2.0 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by TT2.0 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:34 pm

TT2.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:33 pm
wonder how many happy endings that 20 million will provide? Seems like Kraft settled on a final solution for how to rehab his image
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 9684
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by sancarlos » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:59 am

As a group, we certainly have matured in the 14 years I've been in the Swamp.

The top two threads at the moment are Cricket and Women's World Cup, and the Relations thread is on page ten or something.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 10175
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by The Sybian » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:49 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:59 am
As a group, we certainly have matured in the 14 years I've been in the Swamp.

The top two threads at the moment are Cricket and Women's World Cup, and the Relations thread is on page ten or something.
The Swamp need to get our collective testosterone levels tested.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by TT2.0 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:59 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:49 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:59 am
As a group, we certainly have matured in the 14 years I've been in the Swamp.

The top two threads at the moment are Cricket and Women's World Cup, and the Relations thread is on page ten or something.
The Swamp need to get our collective testosterone levels tested.
it all went downhill when bronto got laid johnnie stopped backdoor banging air force whores and bsf got married
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

User avatar
Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 9240
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by Johnnie » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 pm

I actually didn't bang that many chicks in the Air Force, honestly. I think 4 in total. But one I did bang was a freek on the level of Adrianna Chechik. Fun for a weekend, but man she was more broken than the glass in Nazi Germany.

All in all I kept my sex life private to those around me. I let people make up ideas of what they was like. And at some point I hit the age where bragging about sex just isn't cool. (Technically, it isn't cool at all, but when chatting with friends topics come up.)

And when it comes to the relations thread, certain subreddits and Insta-thots are still in the rotation, so I'm good there.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.

Post Reply