Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by mister d »

I just learned, brace yourself, the judge also went to Stanford and captained a sports team. That definitely didn't inform his decision, consciously or subconsciously!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote:
sancarlos wrote:
mister d wrote:If the Stanford victim's father kills the Stanford rapist's father, I will heartily applaud. The only downside would be his punishment.
Wow, that will set a huge precedence. They could essentially prevent this judge from hearing any criminal cases ever. It sure seems like he may be taking bribes. Purely speculating, but it fits as an explanation of two shocking rulings. Very surprising to see a Judge dismiss a criminal case before trial. It means that prosecution, assuming all of their arguments are true, failed to make a case. I can't imagine a DA going forward with a case that poor. I would assume CA has a Grand Jury system, so that defendant must have been indicted by a grand jury, meaning the GJ found the case against him legit.

A couple months ago I read about a case in Oklahoma where the criminal appeals court found that forced oral sex on a passed out drunk women is not a crime. The court found that forcible sodomy can't occur when the victim is unconscious, because she didn't resist or object. Holy fuck. The state legislature is amending the statute, but come on.
Wasn't the dropped charge a misdemeanor? In my experience (in Florida, obviously), 99% of felony cases (much less misdemeanor) don't go to a GJ.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

The Sybian wrote:…so that defendant must have been indicted by a grand jury, meaning the GJ found the case against him legit.
Hey, why the hell didn't Mr. Ham Sandwich join us here in the new and improved swamp? I miss that guy (maybe he got convicted and is in prison, w/o internets.)
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Outside of jobs where appearance is an explicit requirement, Dental Hygienist has the highest ratio of hot women.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Outside of jobs where appearance is an explicit requirement, Dental Hygienist has the highest ratio of hot women.
I would agree with this assessment. But damn, why do all of them feel the need to talk during the entire cleaning? I can't respond when you have tools in my mouth, so why are you still talking?
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Sabo wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:Outside of jobs where appearance is an explicit requirement, Dental Hygienist has the highest ratio of hot women.
I would agree with this assessment. But damn, why do all of them feel the need to talk during the entire cleaning? I can't respond when you have tools in my mouth, so why are you still talking?
Are you kidding? That's why they took the job. No risk of you getting a word in. WOMEN BE TALKING.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

A_B wrote:
Sabo wrote:
Are you kidding? That's why they took the job. No risk of you getting a word in. WOMEN BE TALKING.
Of course! It's a conspiracy!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Sabo wrote:
A_B wrote:
Sabo wrote:
I've never seen an ugly speech therapist either.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

govmentchedda wrote:
Sabo wrote:
A_B wrote:
Sabo wrote:
I've never seen an ugly speech therapist either.
I have. Really ugly. (But very good at her job)

Have had some good looking hygenists.

Do beer cart girls on public golf courses count?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Pruitt wrote:Do beer cart girls on public golf courses count?
I think that falls into the "appearance is part of the job" category.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Sabo wrote:
Pruitt wrote:Do beer cart girls on public golf courses count?
I think that falls into the "appearance is part of the job" category.
Soon as I posted that I remembered the reason I tipped the girl so heavily last week.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

It's like 9/11 all over again.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I just untwisted my shoulder belt in my car over my lunch break. It was bugging the everlovingshit out of me every time I got in the car, but then I would forget about it my the time I got where I was going. BUT NOT TODAY
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

rass wrote:I just untwisted my shoulder belt in my car over my lunch break. It was bugging the everlovingshit out of me every time I got in the car, but then I would forget about it my the time I got where I was going. BUT NOT TODAY
NOT TODAY! has become ubiquitous in my family. Even the little guy gets in on the action.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I thought that it was Pharmaceutical Rep.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
See Cart Girl above.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

brian wrote:

It's like 9/11 all over again.
What new product is he promoting that it was worth spending $10K for?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Before every gym class we say our names and answer an ice breaker question. Today's question was "what's your biggest fear?"

The requisite "snakes," "clowns," "spiders," and "sharks" were stated, but when it got to me, I said "divorce." That got a laugh.

Oh, and that chick who said she'd do blow off my dick? Dental hygienist. So, hot and crazy. (And no, never got around to do it.)
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
elflaco
Brandt

Post by elflaco »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
add talent recruiters to that list -- have met very few folks at a temp agency trying to sell me their services (we hire a lot of temps/contractors) that weren't women, hot, 22-25, wearing mini skirts and showing lots of cleavage.

not that i'm complaining.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

elflaco wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:
add talent recruiters to that list -- have met very few folks at a temp agency trying to sell me their services (we hire a lot of temps/contractors) that weren't women, hot, 22-25, wearing mini skirts and showing lots of cleavage.

not that i'm complaining.
The ones I've worked with at WK in my new role agree with you.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote:Today's question was "what's your biggest fear?"
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Oddly specific, yet completely justified.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Bees and an achilles tendon injury have long been my two biggest fears. That combined the two in the most horrific of ways.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Well, did he actually FEAR that prior to it happening? So specific I think it would be hard to fear. Now the rest of us, having read it...sure!
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

mister d wrote:Bees and an achilles tendon injury have long been my two biggest fears. That combined the two in the most horrific of ways.
I feel like snapping your achilles tendon in a more conventional way and then being attacked by a shitload of bees while you're on the ground is worse. Just me probs.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Well, the bee fear is just having them around, ready to strike, so maybe it would be snapping my achilles fleeing a swarm of bees.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

So I got a notice from the bank that I now have enough equity in my home to drop the PMI, which would knock $100 or so off my monthly payment. Is there any good reason *not* to do this?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Johnny Carwash wrote:So I got a notice from the bank that I now have enough equity in my home to drop the PMI, which would knock $100 or so off my monthly payment. Is there any good reason *not* to do this?

Goog god no. Drop it like a fucking hot rock. You're giving the bank free insurance premiums. Fuck them.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Well ... no reason to not drop PMI but you may want to look into refinancing entirely assuming your equity is 80% of value and its not just that you've reached 78% purchase price on your current loan. Rates right now are insane; we locked in just over a month ago and have had two different drops of 1/8%. Currently at 3.5% with 2 days to go.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote:Well ... no reason to not drop PMI but you may want to look into refinancing entirely assuming your equity is 80% of value and its not just that you've reached 78% purchase price on your current loan. Rates right now are insane; we locked in just over a month ago and have had two different drops of 1/8%. Currently at 3.5% with 2 days to go.
Yeah, what Mr. D said. If you're planning on staying in the home for at least 4 or 5 more years and you can lower your interest rate by about 1 percent or more then, it's a no-brainer (as long as the loan costs are standard).
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:Well ... no reason to not drop PMI but you may want to look into refinancing entirely assuming your equity is 80% of value and its not just that you've reached 78% purchase price on your current loan. Rates right now are insane; we locked in just over a month ago and have had two different drops of 1/8%. Currently at 3.5% with 2 days to go.
Yes. We recently refinance. Knocked 5 years off the loan with only a negligible increase in the monthly payment. No fees, since we stayed with the same bank.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Thanks for the advice here. Sounds like I should definitely drop the PMI right away.

On the refinance, I did that a couple years ago and got a good drop in the monthly payment. I still get offers from the bank to do it again, but not sure how wise it is to do another one so soon.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Thanks for the advice here. Sounds like I should definitely drop the PMI right away.

On the refinance, I did that a couple years ago and got a good drop in the monthly payment. I still get offers from the bank to do it again, but not sure how wise it is to do another one so soon.
Why not? If you are staying in your house for the foreseeable future, it's worth it. If you are paying fees, see how long it takes to make up the fees with your lower mortgage. We refinanced 2 or 3 years prior. As for the PMI, damn right you get rid of it.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Thanks for the advice here. Sounds like I should definitely drop the PMI right away.

Yeah, how recently you re-financed isn't as important as if you're getting the 1 percent drop in the rate. There are calculators to help you decide if it is worth it if you're looking at .75 or .875 but that would mostly come down to how long you plan to own the home and how much the re-fi fees are.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Rush2112 wrote:
Shirley wrote:I stopped using AdBlock because I was getting more and more videos that flat out wouldn't work. Many providers are wise to ad blockers and won't show their video (or web content) if you have one. I got tired of either trying to figure out why a video wouldn't load or adding whitelists to AdBlock.

I went through the same arc with an extension that kept Flash from autorunning. Too many sites failed in odd ways that I got tired of having to work hard to surf.
I had that problem with the script blocker that Scottie recommended. I've only had maybe 2-3 sites that didn't like uBlock. Plus it keeps track of the ads it blocks per site, so you can laugh maniacally.
So I am running into this. So many videos that will not load at all. I'm almost to the point where I just allow ads on the sites I frequent.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I'm still waiting for Ellen Barkin to be cast as Cameron Diaz's mother in a movie.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

This thread getting bumped reminded me to drop my PMI. Thanks DSafe (and Ellen Barkin)!
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Johnny Carwash wrote:This thread getting bumped reminded me to drop my PMI. Thanks DSafe (and Ellen Barkin)!
I did it about 4 months ago. I'm almost halfway through my mortgage after 3 years and the extra 79$ a month can't hurt!
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

BSF21 wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:This thread getting bumped reminded me to drop my PMI. Thanks DSafe (and Ellen Barkin)!
I did it about 4 months ago. I'm almost halfway through my mortgage after 3 years and the extra 79$ a month can't hurt!
That's badass.

Don't have kids.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

A_B wrote:
BSF21 wrote:
That's badass.

Don't have kids.
Living in the midwest has it's perks, however small. Pretty pumped that I've stuck to the plan. Then there are days where I wish I owned a Corvette, but there's time to achieve the dreams.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."