Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by Gunpowder »

I just heard Rivers speak for the first time ever last week. His southern twang is hilarious.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

This is awesome, and true.

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.stuart. ... ment_reply

Andrew Stuart - who starts the thread - is an old friend from my university days. I have a smart assed comment in the middle of the exchange, but what follows is cringe worthy and hilarious. (By the way, Mike Harris was our Premier twenty years ago who is seen as responsible for slashing funding for our schools)

[img]
Andrew Stuart
18 hours ago ·
has found that the announcement today about the Canadian Olympic team hockey selections is a classic example of how much the Leafs really suck and how their management really sucks and how they treat their fans like dirt. Not since our hero and leaf captain Mats Sundin beat team Canada in the Olympic hockey game 10 or so years ago have I ever been so disgusted. Were we all proud Leaf fans to see our captain beat the crap out of Team Canada??? There are no Doug Gilmours on the leafs. Wendy Clark was the last great leaf who was born a Canadian grew up in the middle of blizzards (I think Saskatchewan) and parents struggling to get their kid to the game and play in a way which would make you proud to watch. Why the leafs can not draft some guy from say Haliburton named Johnny Canuck whose parents killed themselves getting little Johnny through midget and junior hockey so Johnny could be drafted by the leafs, be a great player and play for, if not captain, team Canada. Leafs are a pathetic organization through and through. Are leaf fans going to chear for team USA with two german name sounding dudes who happen to be born in the USA and have important roles with the Leafs? I am sure Kessel will score the gold medal goal and we will be so proud. Leafs suck.
Like · · Share · Stop Notifications

Cale Meesters our leafs captain sucks
17 hours ago · Like

Andrew Stuart can't help himself. he is a leaf.
17 hours ago · Like

Mark Chesser Welcome to my pain. I was there when Lanny McDonald was traded and Sittler was treated like something on a barn floor ... like thirty years ago. Harold Ballard was a crook and went to jail, but held on to the Laughs.
17 hours ago · Like · 1

Cale Meesters easy now
17 hours ago · Like

Andrew Stuart I think it dates back to this video. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hitler Ran The Leafs
http://www.youtube.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A look back at what went wrong with the Leafs past draft picks.
17 hours ago · Like

Franklin Young Johnny Canuck's an orphan?
7 hours ago · Like

Allen Eagleson i remember the night when Lanny got traded - i think it was over Christmas holiday near New Year's Eve and our home was a disaster while the dust settled
4 hours ago · Like

Mark Chesser Allen ^ ... you have a most unfortunate name to be commenting on NHL hockey... not that I think you are THE Mr. Eagleson ... but it's like a guy named Mike Harris commenting on Education in Ontario ...
4 hours ago · Like

Allen Eagleson Sorry Mark I don't know you. My father is Indeed the person to whom you are referring.
4 hours ago · Like

Mark Chesser

3 hours ago · Like[/img]
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Franklin,

I presume this referred to Alan Eagleson? I had to Google. I followed the NHL around the time of his scandal, but didn't know about his fall from grace, or even who he was. I imagine this was an enormous story in Canada.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'm actually not sure what's going on there but it reminds me of Bruins fans on FB during the playoffs when they are playing a Canadian team just saying awful things about Canadians in general without even realizing that the Bruins are like 65% Canadian.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Yeah, the Eagleson scandal was huge news here. He basically ran hockey for well over a decade, and no one - other than a few players like Brad park - bothered to question how he was conducting business. He basically ripped off EVERYONE, players, sponsors, Hockey Canada.
Once considered a hero by many hockey players for his efforts as head of the Players Association, Alan Eagleson ended up in jail for fraud and embezzlement. The agent to superstars like Bobby Orr and Darryl Sittler, Eagleson was a driving force behind the famous 1972 Summit Series. But the dirty truth was that Eagleson was stealing from his clients and skimming money from sponsorship deals. After the fallen 'hockey czar' pleaded guilty to his crimes and went to prison, he was stripped of the Order of Canada and kicked out of the Hockey Hall of Fame.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Screw Eagleson. PAWNEE 4 LIFE!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

AB_skin_test wrote:Screw Eagleson. PAWNEE 4 LIFE!

Can I get a gold star up in here?
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I really have to remember that a friend of mine is a serious gun nut and that any slight in any way shape or form on guns is an attack on his personality and his standing as a man.

And to think I'm pro guns, pro second amendment, and pro capitalism, yet I come off sounding like a pinko commie lib'rul scumbag in love with the government's apparent infatuation with disarming the public.

I've chatted politics with him in person (stationed in Korea together). I value his position and he's much less abrasive than he appears online, but he marathon debates you to the point where you're seriously fatigued afterward. He'd make a great lawyer/politician.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I read that and I think he'd make a fucking terrible lawyer. His entire argument is based off off of fear-mongering conspiracy theories.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:I really have to remember that a friend of mine is a serious gun nut and that any slight in any way shape or form on guns is an attack on his personality and his standing as a man.

And to think I'm pro guns, pro second amendment, and pro capitalism, yet I come off sounding like a pinko commie lib'rul scumbag in love with the government's apparent infatuation with disarming the public.

I've chatted politics with him in person (stationed in Korea together). I value his position and he's much less abrasive than he appears online, but he marathon debates you to the point where you're seriously fatigued afterward. He'd make a great lawyer/politician.

When I saw your post, which I thought was fantastic BTW, I opened the comments waiting for that guy to post. I guess I was too early. He is a decent writer and his arguments almost sound good, but they are so easily destroyed. I can see him being really persuasive to someone who doesn't know much on the topics he goes off on, and he is loaded with scripted NRA/Conservative talking points and arguments. I have to bite my fingers to avoid getting into troll war with him. assuming it is who i think it is.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Jerloma wrote:I read that and I think he'd make a fucking terrible lawyer. His entire argument is based off off of fear-mongering conspiracy theories.
Forgot the "/sarcasm" at the end of that. My bad. It was 'great' in the sense that he'll just Ted Cruz you all day and win via attrition; not that he'd win based upon logical principles and a correct baseline.

And Syb, it is who you think it is. He's the only person to ever pipe up and say anything when I post something the slightest bit political. For a dude who calls himself Libertarian, he can sure break out the Breitbart School of Journalism-fu and Tea Party talking point your face off. He called me an anti-capitalist liberal, ffs. I mean...wut?

I even told him to read The Secret History of Guns by Adam Winkler. I've shared it here too many times. The way guns, their regulation, the parties for and against, the Founding Fathers' attitude towards them, and their present day association with everything America is just a fascinating timeline. I'm going to buy his book once I finish whatever I'm reading now.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I apologize Facebook friends. I had a funny thought (in my mind) and I had to post it. I figured it would lead to something devolving, but not that. And I have yet to comment back.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Are the rest of us better off without knowing?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:Are the rest of us better off without knowing?

I fed the troll. Same NRA propaganda spewing that always comes in hard whenever Johnnie mentions guns. The complete lack logic coupled with regurgitated facts that nobody can verify or counter, because this guys has an arsenal of arguments at his fingertips. Hey, I made a pun! Didn't even see it at first.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

call the troll a goon, and it's a double pun!
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Gunpowder wrote:Ok, joined the group. I'm going to lay low and then in a month, unless SC tells me not to because he loves Grand Junction's majestic hills and fertile valleys, I'm going to thank everybody for joining my group.
Jerloma wrote:Wicked. I'm in too. What else is there to do, amirite?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

"The" Grand Junction. Nice touch.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

They aren't biting!

Me and some friends made a mess of the Bridgeport, CT group. These guys just aren't as gullible.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Maybe they're contacting Zuckerberg.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Just don't any of you bitches mess with the Davis, CA group. Or I will cut you.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Funny stuff. Just please don't ever mention me.

Sorry I didn't get back to you to help, but work has been a mofo this week, today in particular. I've been at the office nearly 13 hours and counting... Nothing to look forward to but the Hampton Inn anyway tonight, so I'm workin' hard.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Someone just told me that the first 4 commandments, all of which revolve around the moral value in believing and worshiping and sucking up to God, are only unethical to reject if you believe in God. In other word's it's only unethical to not believe in God...if you believe in God. I'm not kidding.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

The naming rights to Jeld-Wen Field were just purchased by Providence Healthcare, and of course...
So because of Obamacare all the health insurance companies are buying up sports venues naming rights to make up the difference? What a crazy world we live in..
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Can't even comprehend how that thought creates itself.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Gunpowder wrote:Can't even comprehend how that thought creates itself.
Same
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote:The naming rights to Jeld-Wen Field were just purchased by Providence Healthcare, and of course...
So because of Obamacare all the health insurance companies are buying up sports venues naming rights to make up the difference? What a crazy world we live in..

I prefer to think of it the way: Because health insurance companies bilk customers and make obscene profits, they are able to afford naming rights to a stadium. And how dumb is this person? Is this the same stripper or whatever she was that you quoted before?

I'm bitter, as today my insurance company denied my doctor's appeal to have them cover the drug he prescribed. This is the second timeBlue Cross has refused a prescription. 2 different drugs. One is very common, but not yet in generic. This one is just insanely expensive for no apparent reason. The generic is over $800/month. Generic! WTF? According to some research, the generic market further opens up next year, and the price will come way down. According to web research, to get this drug in the UK, it costs patients £17. And all those fucking 'Muricans ranting about how Obamacare will ruin "the best healthcare system in the world." Health insurance companies are already death panels.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Your fault, syb. You should've waited until next year to need the medication.

The Medicare Part D prescription drug law, by which Karl Rove bought the votes of the elderly independents, prohibited Medicare from negotiating prices with the pharma corps. And, of course, it is illegal to have a Canadian pharmacy mail the exact same pills to you for a fraction of a cost. Because, free market!

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

howard wrote:Your fault, syb. You should've waited until next year to need the medication.

The Medicare Part D prescription drug law, by which Karl Rove bought the votes of the elderly independents, prohibited Medicare from negotiating prices with the pharma corps. And, of course, it is illegal to have a Canadian pharmacy mail the exact same pills to you for a fraction of a cost. Because, free market!

I've seen websites where people are all saying they are buying the pills from India. What are they thinking? Who knows WTF is in those. Might as well play Russian Roulette. Now buying illicit drugs on the street from some scumbag? Sure, I'll ingest those.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote:
howard wrote:Your fault, syb. You should've waited until next year to need the medication.

I've seen websites where people are all saying they are buying the pills from India. What are they thinking? Who knows WTF is in those. Might as well play Russian Roulette. Now buying illicit drugs on the street from some scumbag? Sure, I'll ingest those.
Might want to plan a nice Mexican vacation around a visit to a farmacia. I'm not even joking at those prices.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote:
The Sybian wrote:

Might want to plan a nice Mexican vacation around a visit to a farmacia. I'm not even joking at those prices.

You know, it would be cheaper to fly to Mexico and stay a night in a hotel than to get one months worth. Get several months worth, and a vacation that pays for itself! No way I am paying that much, not a life threatening illness. I just wish the doc could float me samples like he did the last time.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Price of Viagra ain't no joke.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

The Sybian wrote:
P.D.X. wrote:The naming rights to Jeld-Wen Field were just purchased by Providence Healthcare, and of course...

I prefer to think of it the way: Because health insurance companies bilk customers and make obscene profits, they are able to afford naming rights to a stadium. And how dumb is this person? Is this the same stripper or whatever she was that you quoted before?
Naw, the stripper chick isn't even that stupid.

And F Blue Cross. Before Obamacare they denied me coverage because I had been prescribed Vicodin within the last year.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote:
And F Blue Cross. Before Obamacare they denied me coverage because I had been prescribed Vicodin within the last year.
It's inconceivable to be injured (or have surgery) twice in a year. Isn't Vicodin dirt cheap, or is that just Percocet? I forget which one I had but it was like $3 for a 30 pack or something. Good thing I'm not allowed to write scripts.

As for the Viagra, Doc, my old man has boasted that if heredity is a factor, I'll never have to worry about needing help getting it up. He is a sick fuck now that I think about it.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I got Propecia from India (haven't ordered any in awhile) and had no significant problems. Stuff worked and it was about 1/5 of the price I could have gotten it here. Probably going to get back on it soon.

Mexican omeprazole is perhaps better than the stuff I get here and it's about 35% of the price.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Gunpowder wrote:I got Propecia from India (haven't ordered any in awhile) and had no significant problems. Stuff worked and it was about 1/5 of the price I could have gotten it here. Probably going to get back on it soon.

Mexican omeprazole is perhaps better than the stuff I get here and it's about 35% of the price.
I get omeprazole for free at my office. Simvastatin as well. Nice perk.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

AB_skin_test wrote:I get omeprazole for free at my office. Simvastatin as well. Nice perk.
How is that? Are they made of coal?

I'm jealous, as I take generic simvastatin.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Do people actually think that these Buzzfeed surveys that are supposed to tell you something about yourself (What state should you live in?, What kind of beer are you?, What Saved by the Bell character are you?) are like scientifically accurate or something?

" Oh my God...I can't believe I'm Dwight Schrute! So embarrassing!"

"Yup...Hawaii. I knew it!"

"Carrie Underwood? I'm way more Shania Twain!"

Like, what the fuck are you doing? Say something. Just once in your life, try saying one fucking thing. One thing.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

It's clickbait. You should ignore it as you'd ignore those infernal fucking clickthru slideshows which suck up your data usage.

Hey, it's the 10 Dumbest Slideshows Ever Slideshow!" Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Fuck off.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Scottie wrote:It's clickbait. You should ignore it as you'd ignore those infernal fucking clickthru slideshows which suck up your data usage.

Hey, it's the 10 Dumbest Slideshows Ever Slideshow!" Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Fuck off.
It's worse than just clicking-thru. You're straight-up giving data about yourself when you fill out the quizzes. Seriously shocks me that people don't realize that these aren't put together just for their personal entertainment.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Oh, absolutely. Just as people don't realize they are feeding personal data to Facebook even if they don't have a Facebook account.

ETA: And they doubtlessly never notice that clicking "I'd rather have a Toyota than a cheeseburger" results in the appearance of Toyota ads all over their trip through the internets.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus