Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:like... what opinion did she give?
The lyrics to all of her hits over the years.

My wife and I were commenting on all of the diversity related commercials, and I was saying social media would light up about companies pushing the Liberal agenda. Because respecting everyone is heinous. I was thinking these commercials were a reaction to Trump, but my wife disagrees. She works in PR/marketing/communications, and she said these ads were likely planned and made before the election. As for Gaga, I think her lyrics just take on a new meaning in light of current politics. But WTF else was she going to sing? Those are her hits, not political statements.
You don't say?
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That article was a actually, if unintentionally, hilarious. I love how these people are boycotting damn near every product out there. Talk about your delicate snowflakes.
Totally Kafkaesque
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Shirley wrote:That article was a actually, if unintentionally, hilarious. I love how these people are boycotting damn near every product out there. Talk about your delicate snowflakes.
Seriously. The talk of boycotting Anheuser-Busch because of the ad noting that it was founded by German immigrants is so pathetic that I can't help but find it hilarious.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I want a focus group of anti-immigration voters who felt empathy during that commercial. And then I want the focus group leader to explain to them its simply because they're racist.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The Sybian wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:like... what opinion did she give?
The lyrics to all of her hits over the years.
She also included a snippet of This Land Is Your Land, which is a little protesty.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Just a bit of context - my mutt is what is called a "Potcake." Nothing to do with drugs - just a reference to their "lineage" as strays in the Caribbean.

(Great dogs by the way)

So I am of course a member of a couple "Potcake" sites on facebook.

Okay...
‎Mary ____‎ to Potcake Place K-9 Rescue

What in the world is going on with heroin overdoses???? 2 young children (4 +6) overdoses in Ne Ohio today. Just get a potcake! They are addictive too! (Kinda like Lays Potatoe chips, can't have just one!)!!! Plz God help this addiction crisis.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Did you respond "NARC!!!"?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Wait, a 4 and a 6 year old OD'ed on heroine?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jerloma wrote:Wait, a 4 and a 6 year old OD'ed on heroine?
Too much Frozen. So sad.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

brian wrote:
Too much Frozen. So sad.
Where are those gold stars?
Totally Kafkaesque
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Shirley wrote:
brian wrote:
Too much Frozen. So sad.
Where are those gold stars?
Seriously - an early contender for comment of the year!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Not ridiculous, but odd, to see a Swamper comment on a question my brother in law posted on fb.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

So, I'm facebook friends with Florida's AG, Pam Bondi. We grew up in the same small suburb of town, families know each other, etc. Someone posted this

And added this in the comment
Can't wait to see our amazing AG in Donald Trump's White House! He is the American woman's president! Congrats, General!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote:So, I'm facebook friends with Florida's AG, Pam Bondi. We grew up in the same small suburb of town, families know each other, etc. Someone posted this

Soooo, um...., what's your opinion of her?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Meant to post this last week, but I've been missing due to family issues.

A friend of mine was in Paris with some of her girlfriends. After the man was killed in the Paris airport, she had friends posting something like this "just saw a radicalized terrorist was killed in Paris airport today! Please be extra cautious and diligent!!! Come back safe!!!" Then the same thing after the London attack.

It took all my willpower not to respond. I don't recall my friend receiving the same messages when a man was killed in a hit and run in her neighborhood. Or when other friends of her perished in a murder-suicide. Or when anyone else dies in a manner she is more way more likely to die in, it's crickets. But a guy who worships a different god than we do did something bad...OMG JESSIE, WE'RE SO NERVOUS FOR YOU!!!!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Giff wrote:Meant to post this last week, but I've been missing due to family issues.

A friend of mine was in Paris with some of her girlfriends. After the man was killed in the Paris airport, she had friends posting something like this "just saw a radicalized terrorist was killed in Paris airport today! Please be extra cautious and diligent!!! Come back safe!!!" Then the same thing after the London attack.

It took all my willpower not to respond. I don't recall my friend receiving the same messages when a man was killed in a hit and run in her neighborhood. Or when other friends of her perished in a murder-suicide. Or when anyone else dies in a manner she is more way more likely to die in, it's crickets. But a guy who worships a different god than we do did something bad...OMG JESSIE, WE'RE SO NERVOUS FOR YOU!!!!
30,000 people a year are killed in gun violence in the USA each year. You know, if radical Islamic terrorists didn't exist, the Republican party would have invented them.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:So, I'm facebook friends with Florida's AG, Pam Bondi. We grew up in the same small suburb of town, families know each other, etc. Someone posted this

Soooo, um...., what's your opinion of her?
Not a fan. She's always nice to me, and the family connection goes back to before I was born, but I think her politics are abhorrent.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

govmentchedda wrote:
Can't wait to see our amazing AG in Donald Trump's White House! He is the American woman's president! Congrats, General!
Ever notice when its a Republican Attorney General (John Ashcroft is the first guy I remember getting called that), they get called "General"? But did you ever hear Janet Reno, Eric Holder, or Loretta Lynch get the honorific?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff tooling on Pence for not eating a meal with any woman other than his wife has set off a firestorm on his Facebook page. I don't even know what to make of it.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nothing? If Pence said he only masturbated once in his life and it was by striping naked, laying down on the floor and pushing himself backwards until he ejaculated, a subset of people would argue that isn't super weird or that you're wrong for claiming its super weird.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote:Giff tooling on Pence for not eating a meal with any woman other than his wife has set off a firestorm on his Facebook page. I don't even know what to make of it.
Sexual tension must be overwhelming for him.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

sancarlos wrote:
brian wrote:Giff tooling on Pence for not eating a meal with any woman other than his wife has set off a firestorm on his Facebook page. I don't even know what to make of it.
It's overwhelming for a lot of people. However, it isn't ever-present for everyone.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote:
Me or Mike Pence?

I'm needling my mom with the quote about a family member (my bitch sister) accusing the other of adultery (my dick brother). True story though.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Giff wrote: I'm needling my mom with...my dick...True story.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Wait? What?!

How did I miss this story? (Not about Giff, but about Pence).

I'm sure the revelations about Pence treating women with as much respect as a fundamentalist Muslim or Haredi Jew will play well with a certain segment of the population, but man, how is this happening in the USA in 2017?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote:
Wait? What?!

I'm sure the revelations about Pence treating women with as much respect as a fundamentalist Muslim or Haredi Jew will play well with a certain segment of the population, but man, how is this happening in the USA in 2017?
Link
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote:
Pruitt wrote:
Wait? What?!

Link
I mean, I just have no words. That is astounding. The man was a fucking Governor. He is alive in the 21st century.

And she's ugly too.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pruitt wrote:
brian wrote:
Pruitt wrote:
Wait? What?!

Link
I mean, I just have no words. That is astounding. The man was a fucking Governor. He is alive in the 21st century.

And she's ugly too.
I was talking about Pence, not you, Giff.

Pence thinks it is some kind of sense of honor that keeps him from associating with other women. But, actually it is probably his discomfort. Meaning he doesn't respect women as equals in general, or he has some fucked up sexual hangups.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

sancarlos wrote: But, actually it is probably his discomfort. Meaning he doesn't respect women as equals in general, or he has some fucked up sexual hangups.
It is most likely both.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Or he has a huge and great dick and knows women find him irresistible and even not engaging leads to issues.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

sancarlos wrote:Pence thinks it is some kind of sense of honor that keeps him from associating with other women. But, actually it is probably his discomfort. Meaning he doesn't respect women as equals in general, or he has some fucked up sexual hangups.
It's part of that whole religious attitude that women are all basically witches. Any poor man can be seduced by their wiles. This is how we (people of the world) have gotten to where women are often blamed and punished for rape, infidelity, etc, while the men involved in the same incident are often treated as victims.

These people suck.
Totally Kafkaesque
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Shirley wrote:
sancarlos wrote:Pence thinks it is some kind of sense of honor that keeps him from associating with other women. But, actually it is probably his discomfort. Meaning he doesn't respect women as equals in general, or he has some fucked up sexual hangups.
It's part of that whole religious attitude that women are all basically witches. Any poor man can be seduced by their wiles. This is how we (people of the world) have gotten to where women are often blamed and punished for rape, infidelity, etc, while the men involved in the same incident are often treated as victims.

These people suck.
Yeah, it's like their whole religious text pretty much starts with a story that describes exactly that!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Giff wrote:
Shirley wrote:

These people suck.
Yeah, it's like their whole religious text pretty much starts with a story that describes exactly that!
That's why education is so important. Some people say "Why does it matter to you what I believe about cosmic or biological origins?" It matters because the story you've put in it's place was specifically designed to control people and it has worked fucking wonderfully for the charlatans that leverage it.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Also that rule about not being at an event with alcohol and other women is some rapey ass shit. That's the same kind of control that men put in place by making their women wear burkas. It's terrifying that so many rapists are walking around being kept in check by some flimsy belief in a deity and his carrot and stick ethical blueprint.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

God help us if Pence hires Willie Colon onto his staff.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

So my loser Brother-In-Law posted this image (not the twitter feed...just the image):

Do I even start to begin to tell him exactly how many ways that is wrong, starting with the fact its obviously a photo-shop?
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Regarding the Adam Jones treatment.
They paid for their ticket ... Jones just needs to grow up and be a man. He's getting millions to take any fan abuse hurled at him. Where was the commissioner during the Marlins World Series run when they played the cubs and got verbally abused. Or where was the outrage when Atlanta Braves pitcher John Rocker was being verbally abused by those NY fans ... double standards in a now Politically Correct world .
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

bfj wrote:Regarding the Adam Jones treatment.
They paid for their ticket ... Jones just needs to grow up and be a man. He's getting millions to take any fan abuse hurled at him. Where was the commissioner during the Marlins World Series run when they played the cubs and got verbally abused. Or where was the outrage when Atlanta Braves pitcher John Rocker was being verbally abused by those NY fans ... double standards in a now Politically Correct world .
Hmm, I must have remembered the John Rocker "nigger" story wrong.
Totally Kafkaesque
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Shirley wrote:
bfj wrote:Regarding the Adam Jones treatment.
Hmm, I must have remembered the John Rocker "nigger" story wrong.
I love the line of thinking that (justifiably) calling a white person a racist is just as bad as calling a minority a racial slur.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

South Park should do an episode on that.