Chad Ford Cheats

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Shirley
The Dude

Chad Ford Cheats

Post by Shirley »

Wow. A reddit poster using the Internet Archive found that Chad Ford (or someone at ESPN on his behalf) has been retroactively updating his old NBA draft rankings based on how the players actually turned out.

A Deadspin article summarizing:
http://deadspin.com/espns-chad-ford-has ... n=mondayAM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Reddit source:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't see how ESPN could justify not firing a guy over that.
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Re: Chad Ford Cheats

Post by mister d »

Given that its ESPN, they'll probably consider the attention and traffic this generates to be a positive.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So I am interested on Bill Simmons' take on this. Will he be as aggressive as he was with Goodell? Seems ethically and lying were the issues with Godell. My guess is he stays quiet because Ford is in his circle.

ESPN's journalistic integrity seems to be much lower than others, which probably drives some of the older reports insane. I can't see the E60/Jeremy Schapf/Cornell and Syracuse J-school alums accepting this type of journalistic behavior.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If New England logic still applies to Simmons, unless there's video of Ford making the changes himself, it would be would be irresponsible to assume it was Ford and any punishment would be ridiculous. In fact, if this weren't ESPN, no one would even ...
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.