Hey Brian, TennBengal, Mister D and all the other haters...

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: Hey Brian, TennBengal, Mister D and all the other haters

Post by Gunpowder »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
tennbengal wrote:The NFL: where concussion protocol happens, unless you are the Patriots and really need the guy to be on the field. Then, eh.
Cliff Avril? Off the field....

Edelmann? Rub some dirt on it and get back out there slugger!

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2015/01 ... mpionship/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Gunpowder wrote:JFC...how many times can Patriots fans defend meaningless stuff with "but look at everyone else doing it!".
I don't recall any other coaches making out with their daughters after winning the Super Bowl. I guess after 4, Belichick decided ntgaf and wanted to show us the way they do it up in Boston. Unless I missed Carroll and his daughter getting down last year.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

tennbengal wrote:The NFL: where concussion protocol happens, unless you are the Patriots and really need the guy to be on the field. Then, eh.
Wow is that a stupid statement..

Anyway, congrats Johnnie, Turd, and Rush.
boxcar
Jackie Treehorn

Post by boxcar »

this message board would be better if we weren't allowed to talk about sports
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

boxcar wrote:this message board would be better if we weren't allowed to talk about sports
Or economics.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Heh.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

…or Obama (sorry to omit that Steve, you haven't been around lately.)
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

What the hell has gotten into Johnnie? Honestly, I've only skimmed the various football threads the past few weeks, because I get so sick of Super Bowl coverage. Did I miss something?
Totally Kafkaesque
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

He's just had it with all the haterrrzzz...
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pretty sure you were obligated to reply in meme form there, J-Lo.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Shirley wrote:What the hell has gotten into Johnnie? Honestly, I've only skimmed the various football threads the past few weeks, because I get so sick of Super Bowl coverage. Did I miss something?
OH FUCK YOU DUDE!!!! YOU'RE EITHER A PATS FAN OR A FUCKING HATER!!!!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:Pretty sure you were obligated to reply in meme form there, J-Lo.

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

When all of this dies down, we really do need to have a serious talk about an adult using the term "hater".
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I don't know how to make memes, but one I'd like is:

Team not 100% proven guilty of crime

Thinks that means they were exonerated
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos wrote:I don't know how to make memes, but one I'd like is:

Team not 100% proven guilty of crime

Thinks that means they were exonerated
Go to memegenerator.net, search J0hn (with a 0). If you can't figure out the rest, I'm making fun of you in meme form.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote:When all of this dies down, we really do need to have a serious talk about an adult using the term "hater".
We can still use it ironically/mockingly I hope.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Gotta wait until after hours, when I can uplug my laptop from the company network.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Hatters Gonna Hat.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That's hysterical.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Shirley wrote:What the hell has gotten into Johnnie? Honestly, I've only skimmed the various football threads the past few weeks, because I get so sick of Super Bowl coverage. Did I miss something?
2 full on weeks of nothing but Deflategate nonsense and the circlejerk that accompanied it. I tried to be level headed about the whole thing. Track back, I did. I agreed with Jackie Mac's initial piece (minus the suspension part). I capitulated to an Occam's Razor scenario. I tried to have some decent discourse about it and all I got was trolling.

But no matter what kind of statement I made about anything, to defend or reason with the situation, this board (and the friends I have in Facebook) got to me. And I was only going to even get belligerent if the Pats won. And they did. So I got pissed and let it out.

Like 20 of you have met me in person. You know my demeanor. Definitely why you'd ask the question of what got into me. I was just sick of seeing the bullshit everywhere. I felt justified in reacting the way I did.

So bring on the memes. They're funny.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The whole "YEEEAAAHHH FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKERS WE DID IT!!!" self described belligerent and angry reaction, by a fan, is the weirdest shit in the world.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Another thing I'm curious about ... In 10 or 20 years or whenever Brady slyly acknowledges the balls were under-inflated at his behest, how do the superfans who were willing to go on a stabbing spree to defend his honor react? Like will you just pretend you were totally playing along or something? "If Pats Nation didn't have his back we nevah win that game, kid."
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

mister d wrote:The whole "YEEEAAAHHH FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKERS WE DID IT!!!" self described belligerent and angry reaction, by a fan, is the weirdest shit in the world.
The whole association / identification / projection we have with millionaire athletes and team owners is pretty weird when it all comes down to it. They don't have your personal interests in mind yet we go to the floor for them at the drop of a hat (not to mention the endless and unconditional consumption of their product.) The groupthink involved isn't that far removed from religion/politics. "Me giving all this attention and money to someone who "represents" me is morally superior than you giving all your attention and money to someone else who "represents" you." (Although trolling the sensitive is fun, in whatever pursuit it's based around.)
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I agree that sports are weird but you will never catch me saying FUCK YOU GUYS! THE STEELERS WON! 6 RINGS FAGS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Johnnie, we all exchange barbs around here. But, you are taking it to a level that's awfully surprising.
Boston sports fan inferiority complex. Actually, just Bostonians in general. Its a weird phenomenon where the entire world and the sports gods are against them and their teams (see Curse of the Bambino). Boston sports radio was an eye opener on this phenomenon, as well as the random and bizarre "Yankees Suck" chants 365 days of the year. This was during the prime Yankee years of 1999-2001, before the Sawx finally won a World Series. I think they turn their self-loathing outward rather than dealing with their issues.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I've asked this about rappers too but ... who gives a fuck? I like my teams, I don't need you to like them or say they're good or whatever. Thirst for respect is for dummies.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Syb wrote:Boston sports radio was an eye opener on this phenomenon...
For as little as I've been able to listen, that's been the theme so far this week too.

They still aren't giving us the credit we deserve!!!
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

The Sybian wrote:
sancarlos wrote: Johnnie, we all exchange barbs around here. But, you are taking it to a level that's awfully surprising.
Boston sports fan inferiority complex. Actually, just Bostonians in general. Its a weird phenomenon where the entire world and the sports gods are against them and their teams (see Curse of the Bambino). Boston sports radio was an eye opener on this phenomenon, as well as the random and bizarre "Yankees Suck" chants 365 days of the year. This was during the prime Yankee years of 1999-2001, before the Sawx finally won a World Series. I think they turn their self-loathing outward rather than dealing with their issues.
A related phenomenon is that Boston sports fans and media members are extremely provincial and really only care about sports to the extent that they can use them as a vehicle for regional pride. It's why hardly anyone in the Boston area knows or cares about college football or basketball, even though those are very popular sports nationally. People there also don't care at all about the NBA unless the Celtics are a contender. I remember going to a sports bar to watch Game 4 of the 2011 NBA Finals and they wouldn't even turn it on until the Red Sox game ended. How on earth is game 70 of a 162 game season more interesting than Game 4 of the NBA Finals when the series is 2-1?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Patriots nation just fucked that chick!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

He's out cold.

(Shakes head at what the lack of concussion protocol hath wrought...)
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The deadspin top comment on that from this morning was an A+.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Totally envious. But I wouldn't be the first man to let the world see Edelman's "Oh face."

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Patriots fans still whining even AFTER winning?

Theory proven.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Remember that time Edelman was arrested for "allegedly" reaching up a girl's skirt at a club?

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

(Also, while I'm leaning towards garden variety hypocrisy, I'd like J-Lo to atleast consider irony charges against Pats fans who threw a 2 week "no one respects us" tantrum and are now reveling in the Sherman pic and "Bitch Mode".)
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

I think I may from 10K other times you might have mentioned it.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

mister d wrote:(Also, while I'm leaning towards garden variety hypocrisy, I'd like J-Lo to atleast consider irony charges against Pats fans who threw a 2 week "no one respects us" tantrum and are now reveling in the Sherman pic and "Bitch Mode".)
The "Bitch Mode" thing is particularly cute. Lynch ran for over 100 yards and had the most yards from scrimmage of any player in the game. Yet Blount (40 yards on 2.9 yards per carry, 0 TDs) and Bolden (who I don't think even played) are calling him out? Oooookay...
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:(Also, while I'm leaning towards garden variety hypocrisy, I'd like J-Lo to atleast consider irony charges against Pats fans who threw a 2 week "no one respects us" tantrum and are now reveling in the Sherman pic and "Bitch Mode".)
Not even close. The "no one respects us" tantrum is perennial and Pats fans obsessing over the team they just beat is like the most expected thing ever.