The Chapel Hill Shooting

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Joe K
Walter Sobchak

The Chapel Hill Shooting

Post by Joe K »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... n-charged/

So, how many U.S. media outlets will call this terrorism and/or call for a broader dialogue about the dangers of Islamophobia? Not holding my breath here.
rass
The Dude

Re: The Chapel Hill Shooting

Post by rass »

JFC, I know comment sections are just the worst, but three people were executed and you just have to need to want to run to the internet and defenddefenddefend whatever stupid fucking group it is you identify with and blameblameblame anyone and everyone and everything associated with some fucking group you hate that can in anyway be linked the murderer. Whywhywhy? How many people are like that? Obviously better a keyboard than a gun, but man. So fucking ugly. I don't understand. I don't.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Definite "him" not "them" shooting.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Well the police seem to think that it's a dispute among neighbors over parking spaces. So folks may want to dial it down a few notches.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"Would someone with a rumored history of anti-Muslim comments have shot his white neighbors over a parking spot" is a pretty fair question to ask.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Fortunately the last graf of the WaPo story tells us all where the real blame lies -- atheism.
Hicks, the alleged shooter, frequently shared links about atheism on what appears to be his Facebook page. One such post reads: “People say nothing can solve the Middle East problem, not mediation, not arms, not financial aid. I say there is something. Atheism.”
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I don't think the immediate circumstances of the shooting will stop the authorities from treating it as a hate crime, but to answer the question, yes people in the South get shot over parking spaces regardless of race/faith.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I think you guys are missing the clear reason for the murder.
the third [victim] was planning to enroll at UNC dental school this year.
Clearly an anti-dentite hate crime. The MSM will never cover this, because nobody likes a dentist.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Wow, I'm just now hearing about this. I guess I need to pay more attention to local news.
Totally Kafkaesque
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

mister d wrote:"Would someone with a rumored history of anti-Muslim comments have shot his white neighbors over a parking spot" is a pretty fair question to ask.
FWIW, the father of the two women killed said something to this effect, as he said that regardless of what the immediate trigger was he believes the killer was motivated by anti-Muslim animus. He said that one of his daughters had complained to him about this neighbor and specifically told him that she believed he despised her and her husband because of their religion. He also noted that the three victims were killed inside of their apartment, so it's not like they were killed during an altercation in the parking lot.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Sounds like this guy's hate crime defense is going to be that he hated everybody.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

HateGate.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The