Cultural Blind Spots

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Cultural Blind Spots

Post by mister d »

I was asking this (and also why he insists on wearing tank tops) and was told he's essentially Stephen A. for the types of people who inherently don't like Stephen A.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Brontoburglar wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:59 pm I've never seen full metal jacket and really have no desire to
Realized this weekend that Private Pyle's insane face and Ice Cube / Craig's super high face in Friday are essentially the same.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:23 am I was asking this (and also why he insists on wearing tank tops) and was told he's essentially Stephen A. for the types of people who inherently don't like Stephen A.
I can’t stand either so that assessment makes sense.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

duff wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:26 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:20 am Pat McAffee was the punter for the Colts, right? Why should I give a crap about his opinions on anything?
Cause he isn't the drunk kicker.
It's a little heavy on the schtick, but he doesn't really bother me all that much and he's often on the "right side" of many issues.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:23 am I was asking this (and also why he insists on wearing tank tops) and was told he's essentially Stephen A. for the types of people who inherently don't like Stephen A.
I really don't agree with this assessment. I'd say the vibe of the show is more Barstool meets Dan Patrick, with all the "bro" stuff of the former, but not just spitting out nonsense and controversial takes for the sake of the exercise (Steven A.). He's not as cerebral as Patrick or Rich Eisen, but he's a pretty OK interviewer and like I said, I think he typically has a solid, down to earth perspective.

He's also very willing to be self-deprecating... His stories from the Colts are pretty hilarious.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.