Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

Sabo
Walter Sobchak

Re: Cord cutting?

Post by Sabo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:54 am

Rex wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:58 pm
I guess it's also Dish's fault that they can't do a deal with Sinclair, and SlingTV and Fubo's fault that they can't do a deal with Sinclair, and it will be Comcast's fault when they can't do a deal with Sinclair later this year.
SlingTV is owned by Dish, which might explain why they don't have a deal. Don't know who owns Fubo.

Anyway, fuck Sinclair.
Mallards rule.

Baloney
Jesus Quintana

Post by Baloney » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:35 pm

YouTube TV, Sinclair reach deal to keep 19 of 21 Fox regional networks on platform

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/nati ... KPpH8m7hh8

Baloney
Jesus Quintana

Post by Baloney » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Yeah, that's quite a hike for YTTV. I love the service, but man. I wouldn't pay $15 for the channels they're adding, that's for sure.
Totally Kafkaesque

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski

Post by HaulCitgo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:47 pm

I enjoyed yttv when my brother in law had it. Im used to no TV now but $65/month seems fair

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm

I pay 70 for att tv with hbo. So I think we are getting close to commodity pricing maybe.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

Brontoburglar
Walter Sobchak

Post by Brontoburglar » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Brontoburglar wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:19 pm
I'm weird I guess because I have no desire to ever cut the cord. TV interface is still better, live sports are actually close to live and not 45-60 seconds delayed and it's going to soon get to the point where cable/satellite will be just as cost-effective as bundling a bunch of streaming services.
told y'all
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:12 am

Brontoburglar wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm
Brontoburglar wrote:
I'm weird I guess because I have no desire to ever cut the cord. TV interface is still better, live sports are actually close to live and not 45-60 seconds delayed and it's going to soon get to the point where cable/satellite will be just as cost-effective as bundling a bunch of streaming services.
told y'all
Well I'm still saving 100 over what I was paying for Directv, so it's not close to there for me yet. And I don't think you can count bundling Netflix/Disney etc in the cost because it's not apples to apples. I had Netflix when I had Directv and would likely have added Disney as well. Their offerings aren't available on just a cable/satellite service.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

Brontoburglar
Walter Sobchak

Post by Brontoburglar » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 am

A_B wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:12 am
Brontoburglar wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm
Brontoburglar wrote:
told y'all
Well I'm still saving 100 over what I was paying for Directv, so it's not close to there for me yet. And I don't think you can count bundling Netflix/Disney etc in the cost because it's not apples to apples. I had Netflix when I had Directv and would likely have added Disney as well. Their offerings aren't available on just a cable/satellite service.
oh, I don't think it's at that point yet -- but it's getting there. someone who had google fiber internet and TV in Kansas City is now saving only like $20 a month to have google fiber internet and yttv. google also recently stopped installing its fiber tv service and is telling everyone to get yttv
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:28 am

Don't get me wrong. If the price were exactly the same and I was asked to choose between the DirecTv service I had forever or the YTTV I got last year, I'd choose YTTV in a heartbeat. The service is so much better. It's automatic, infinite cloud storage is a game-changer. And the ability to watch it anywhere is a huge advantage to me, so I can watch the same stuff at the beach, or (in the old world) at work or while traveling. The user interface and the search/recording features are SO MUCH better than DirecTv.

I couldn't care less about live sports being a few seconds behind because my job doesn't involve live Tweeting about such things. In fact, I'd much prefer watching sports a bit delayed so I can skip commercials.
Totally Kafkaesque

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:46 am

That last part is a deal breaker for me. I tend to be either texting friends or live following on twitter during sports so even a 30 second delay is awful.
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.