The Important Sounds of Things Falling Apart

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: The Important Sounds of Things Falling Apart

Post by brian »

Where were the parents?

(Joining in, probably. The Trumpization of America continues.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Rittenhouse is for sure getting off since the prosecution's star witness said he only got shot because he aimed at Rittenhouse. This same dude also lied in statements to police.

Seems like the truth is a bunch of fucking losers on all sides have very small dicks and need to pretend they're men.

This is a trial exclusively over whether Rittenhouse felt his life was being threatened. It's explicitly not about being underage and bringing weapons across state lines.

Edit:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

Is Rittenhouse able to stand for public office?

I see Congress in his future.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"If you get scared in public you're allowed to shoot a gun at whatever scared you" is a pretty amazing law, even before you get into the obviously uneven application.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:52 pm Rittenhouse is for sure getting off since the prosecution's star witness said he only got shot because he aimed at Rittenhouse. This same dude also lied in statements to police.

Seems like the truth is a bunch of fucking losers on all sides have very small dicks and need to pretend they're men.

This is a trial exclusively over whether Rittenhouse felt his life was being threatened. It's explicitly not about being underage and bringing weapons across state lines.

Edit:

It's too bad he didn't shoot Rittenhouse in the fucking face. We wouldn't have to deal with this.

I bet the same people defending Rittenhouse would feel that if a black man from inner city Baltimore went down to Charlottesville, engaged the Klan during the Unite the Right rally, and then shot at them, killing two, while he was retreating... They'd be on that black man's side, right? /orange font
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I think I read that there was another "star" witness who said it was his regret not dumping on him when he had the chance.

The words paint Rittenhouse as a potential victim. The prosecution needs to not set themselves up so poorly if they want to convict this kid.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Which raises the obvious point that…they don’t want to secure a conviction…
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:10 am "If you get scared in public you're allowed to shoot a gun at whatever scared you" is a pretty amazing law, even before you get into the obviously uneven application.
Especially where you unnecessarily put yourself in the position to be scared.

There needs to be a law making it a crime to stupidly put yourself in a situation where you may need lethal force to defend yourself.

I always think about this with the Tamir Rice killing. Okay, maybe at the very moment they pulled the triggers, the cops had a reasonable fear for their safety that would justify lethal force in self defense. (Maybe.) But why the fuck did they drive right up to him to create that situation?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:00 pm
mister d wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:10 am "If you get scared in public you're allowed to shoot a gun at whatever scared you" is a pretty amazing law, even before you get into the obviously uneven application.

There needs to be a law making it a crime to stupidly put yourself in a situation where you may need lethal force to defend yourself.

I always think about this with the Tamir Rice killing. Okay, maybe at the very moment they pulled the triggers, the cops had a reasonable fear for their safety that would justify lethal force in self defense. (Maybe.) But why the fuck did they drive right up to him to create that situation?
Having your mom drive you and your illegally obtained weapon across state lines into an ongoing situation doesn't qualify?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

A_B wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:07 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:00 pm

Having your mom drive you and your illegally obtained weapon across state lines into an ongoing situation doesn't qualify?
Good point. I was thinking more of the minutes leading up to the actual confrontation that requires lethal self-defense, but yeah.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Going well:

Weirdest sneezing ever:

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A checkmark on twitter said the judge's cell just went off and his ringtone is Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" in case anyone here is big into foreshadowing.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I didn't add the third Aaron Rupar tweet, but yup. That happened.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:20 am

I'm not a lawyer....but WHAT THE FUCK?????????????????????????????
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

I'm a lawyer but what the fuck do I know. Seems like I wouldn't get too worked up in order not to offend the judge if the jury wasnt there and I'd go apeshit berserk and prep motions to appeal if they were.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

HaulCitgo wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:15 pm I'm a lawyer but what the fuck do I know. Seems like I wouldn't get too worked up in order not to offend the judge if the jury wasnt there and I'd go apeshit berserk and prep motions to appeal if they were.
Follow up tweet says the jurors were there.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

This Judge...wow...

pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

mister d wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:52 am
A cynic would suggest that he played the role of a police officer very well indeed.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:30 pm
A_B wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:23 pmwe were almost in the elevator by then and I was behind her but I was crestfallen at the attitude and now I feel so very small that I didn't stand up for my Trans child nor my non-binary child. I failed, and I need to be better.
Given that your children weren't there, I wouldn't say you failed especially since it came out of nowhere. I also wouldn't blame you if you pulled her aside at some point and tried to see if she's the type of person who can feel completely awful over something they previously said.
The lady in question now comes in a few times a week to the vacant office next to me and stretches out and naps for a few minutes. Now, as someone with chronic low blood cell counts, fatigue is bitch. I've dozed off before, not gonna lie. But she BROUGHT A BLANKET and stores it in there now.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Unemployed woman says what?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

The classic "Boys will be boys" defence.

Just a misguided kid with a high powered rifle. Nothing to see here.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Knowledge of Illinois law aside, what's to stop me from going to Antioch, IL, sit outside this guy's house and just wait for him to do anything I feel is threatening, then blowing him away?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Beyond his politics?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

So here's a thought exercise: Isn't the thought process now (among certain people) that in a mass shooting type event, people should rush at the shooter, and use anything at hand to stop the mass shooting.

So...couldn't it be surmised that Rittenhouse's victims perceived him as a potential mass shooter, and were therefore defending themselves?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I think we all know how every hypothetical version of this situation would end up.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Now that the conclusion is "protesters are a bigger threat than men with machine guns", any logic or rational thought exercises are moot.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:45 am
mister d wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:30 pm
A_B wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:23 pmwe were almost in the elevator by then and I was behind her but I was crestfallen at the attitude and now I feel so very small that I didn't stand up for my Trans child nor my non-binary child. I failed, and I need to be better.
Given that your children weren't there, I wouldn't say you failed especially since it came out of nowhere. I also wouldn't blame you if you pulled her aside at some point and tried to see if she's the type of person who can feel completely awful over something they previously said.
The lady in question now comes in a few times a week to the vacant office next to me and stretches out and naps for a few minutes. Now, as someone with chronic low blood cell counts, fatigue is bitch. I've dozed off before, not gonna lie. But she BROUGHT A BLANKET and stores it in there now.
You need to steal that blanket.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

P.D.X. wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:43 pm Now that the conclusion is "protesters are a bigger threat than men with machine guns", any logic or rational thought exercises are moot.
Picturing a black dude crossing state lines to "help with security" at a MAGA rally while carrying Rittenhouse's gun ...
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Every day it’s more and more apparent to me. Modern conservativism in America is simply the politics of cowardly, mediocre white men and their enablers. If an issue comes up, ask yourself “so what would a cowardly, mediocre white guy think about this issue?” and that’ll be the Republican response.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:48 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:43 pm Now that the conclusion is "protesters are a bigger threat than men with machine guns", any logic or rational thought exercises are moot.
Picturing a black dude crossing state lines to "help with security" at a MAGA rally while carrying Rittenhouse's gun ...
I'm picturing a man wearing an orange jumpsuit for the rest of his life.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:02 pm
I’m thinking more Emmittt Till.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:02 pm
Not unless that's what he wore to the rally.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I doubt he'd even make it to jail!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Excited to see Fox News' youngest primetime host when Kyle's Konservative Klub debuts in a few months.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Well that wasn't at all surprising.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Looking forward to all the online "legal experts" to claim double jeopardy when the civil trials start.