The Walking Dead - Season 6 (Spoilers Inside)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

howard
Karl Hungus

The Walking Dead - Season 6 (Spoilers Inside)

Post by howard »

In a few minutes.
(Or, when there is a break in between work and baseball games tomorrow.)
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Re: The Walking Dead - Season 6 (Spoilers Inside)

Post by Jerloma »

Epic start. I thought for sure that show was ending with that quarry being lit up into one giant inferno.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

So who's honking the horn?

Ron (porchdick's son)?
The Wolves?
Other?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

the wolves. They are the masters of using sound to direct walkers.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

No doubt, the wolves.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

New collectible available. Assassins Creed edition Carol.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

There's nothing more frustrating than a post-apocalyptic ninja pacifist. I'm glad Morgan seems to be coming around.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

That was friggin' epic though. Thought it was going to be a throw away episode after the intense premiere and then that lady smoking her cigarette just casually gets gutted.

Carol continues to be best character on TV.

Are we led to believe that Morgan finally killed someone at the end? Also, was it me or did Morgan seem to know the wolves?
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

We are definitely supposed to believe Morgan killed the guy in the end. In the last shot of him walking down the street in Alexandria, he was carrying a gun. He seems to have come to grips with reality again.

He met two of the wolves in the woods when he was still solo (season 5?) including the one that greeted him. He discovered their gun had no ammunition then, and probably surmised the rest of the group was similarly lacking.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I know TWD has lost some people, but holy fuck, they came out swinging this season.

I'm hearing people entertain the possibility that Glen's not dead. That would be ridiculous, right?
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

Ridiculous, yes, but not outside the scope of (WD) possibility. The entrails could have been Nick's; he could escape the feeding frenzy thanks to some well timed, noisy distraction. It really didn't feel like an original-character-worthy death scene to me. That said, I kinda hope he's actually dead. His earnestness was getting to me.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Moreta wrote:Ridiculous, yes, but not outside the scope of (WD) possibility. The entrails could have been Nick's; he could escape the feeding frenzy thanks to some well timed, noisy distraction. It really didn't feel like an original-character-worthy death scene to me. That said, I kinda hope he's actually dead. His earnestness was getting to me.
Yeah, but he's a good zombie killer. Apparently his fate in the comic book is much different. It doesn't seem likely that a person can just lie there and watch their intestines being eaten and remain completely conscious, does it?
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I do not like this ambiguity about Glen's fate. Part of the 'charm' of the show is that major characters die, and Joe Bob Briggs' first rule of horror is that any character can die at any time.

He already has had narrow escapes from death that strain acceptance. For him to escape this is just ridiculous; best case scenario is dozens of actively feeding walkers munching away inches from his flesh, but restricting themselves to the other guy's body miraculously not biting Glen. That is just silly.

Resolving the ambiguity with Glen surviving is just bs. Resolving it by clearly revealing his death a week or two from now feels like a cheap trick, and totally unnecessary. Just kill him off, and lets move on.

But, a quibble. This season is excellent so far. I wanna see Rick kill many more wolves.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The more I think about it, there's just no way he's dead. If they make him a zombie and Maggie has to finish him, I'll be bullshit.TWD is cold...but not that cold.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

His death wasn't acknowledged on Talking Dead. They have never ignored a character's death before. I think he is alive. I like the idea of a noise drawing that hoard away, that would be feasible. I am looking forward to Morgan's episode next week. He is a great actor. I'm pleased with this season so far.

Glen's death in the comics is horrible.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

bfj wrote:His death wasn't acknowledged on Talking Dead. They have never ignored a character's death before. I think he is alive. I like the idea of a noise drawing that hoard away, that would be feasible. I am looking forward to Morgan's episode next week. He is a great actor. I'm pleased with this season so far.

Glen's death in the comics is horrible.
Put me in the "not dead" camp. Gimple and Heard are too good to let a major character die like that. Not that they wouldn't kill him off, but so thoughtlessly, doesn't seem like their style. Though part of me wonders, if they really want to tear our hearts out, if they would substitute the comic death of Glenn by putting Daryl in his place.

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Telling remark/reaction at the 1:40 mark.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Heh.

But none of them had the correct answer.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Lenny James is a great actor. I really liked last night's episode. Eastman was a great character.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

bfj wrote:Eastman was a great character.
He's no Norm Gunderson.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

bfj wrote:Lenny James is a great actor. I really liked last night's episode. Eastman was a great character.
I thought it was beautifully done. Wonderful writing and acting.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I finally caught up the other night. So far, Season 6 has been pretty strong, I think. Sure, there are the classic weak TWD points (like folks in the woods hiding from other people like 50 feet away and then running away for 30 seconds to lose them), but it's been a pretty compelling storyline.

I was not looking forward to whatever machinations they were gonna need to save Glenn, but what they came up with actually wasn't that bad. Almost plausible.

The best part of the season so far had to be Carol's Five Minutes of Carnage. She's a total badass. And I loved how she went right back to her meek cardigans.
Totally Kafkaesque
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I watched the season finale last night and it seemed a bit underwhelming. It just sort of ended.

Actually, thinking back to the comics, I do now remember that the scene WAS in the comics and it was pretty damn significant. I wonder if they'll attempt that in the show?

Overall, I thought the season was pretty good. I certainly was engaged in the story, even if certain parts seemed kind of lame (e.g. Carl immediately forgiving the kid who not only just tried to kill him, but also let in the zombies who might then kill them all.), but for the most part, it was a good storyline. It's not clear yet of course if we're done with the Alexandria utopia.
Totally Kafkaesque
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Great start to the second half of the season. I really missed this show.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Just wonderful. Lots of action. Some folks finally grew up (or got et.) And, as said in another thread:

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Shirley wrote:Actually, thinking back to the comics, I do now remember that the scene WAS in the comics and it was pretty damn significant. I wonder if they'll attempt that in the show?
Attempt it they did!

That was a pretty epic way to start the season. Yes, it was maybe a bit too tidy of a clean up, but we all know there's plenty of mayhem left to come.

I loved the part where they showed each of the raging folks from straight on, swinging whatever weapon they had. That was a very comic-like camera angle. Impractical? Yes. But awesome.
Totally Kafkaesque
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

We got really excited there for a few minutes but then I remembered one of you comic book geeks saying something about Carl having an eye patch.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Jerloma wrote:We got really excited there for a few minutes but then I remembered one of you comic book geeks saying something about Carl having an eye patch.
Do we need spoiler tags if the tread title specifically says spoilers? Speak now...
[+] spoiler
They sure offed the hot blonde's family quickly.

Really trying to continue to enjoy this. It's just not holding my interest the way it has in the past. They need to speed it up to Negan and the Saviors or I'm going to fall off the wagon.

(Michonne running that prick kid through was fucking awesome)

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

You're not going to see Negan until the end of this half a season so maybe 5-6 more episodes but by all accounts, he was cast wonderfully.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Excellent start to the season and I know it's not really en vogue to love Rick but man do I love me some Rick. When the guy with the spear tells him to drop his gun..."I don't think I will." I also love how they're now making jokes about him always getting drenched in the blood of his enemies while everyone looks on in terror. He's all like "What?" They never saw someone have the entire contents of a jugular vein poured over their head?

Anyway, the confidence (We'll win because we have to) is going to cost something. They'll win, but just because Daryl happened to have a bazooka at the right time isn't evidence that they can just walk all over the Saviors. The only person of even remote significance they've lost in 2 seasons is Beth and hardly. Obviously, someone big is going to meet Lucille at the end of this season and for some reason I don't think it will be Glen. He's escaped death too many times where it would be too obvious (plus the comic book thing). Daryl would cost them way too many viewers. Rick just can't. Carol is too intriguing. Do they dare kill off Maggie and her beautiful breasts? Is there a scenario where the baby dies and turns inside her?

Buckle up, kids.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Oh, and I love Jesus and I'm meh on the Richonne thing.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Jerloma wrote:Excellent start to the season and I know it's not really en vogue to love Rick but man do I love me some Rick. When the guy with the spear tells him to drop his gun..."I don't think I will." I also love how they're now making jokes about him always getting drenched in the blood of his enemies while everyone looks on in terror. He's all like "What?" They never saw someone have the entire contents of a jugular vein poured over their head?

Anyway, the confidence (We'll win because we have to) is going to cost something. They'll win, but just because Daryl happened to have a bazooka at the right time isn't evidence that they can just walk all over the Saviors. The only person of even remote significance they've lost in 2 seasons is Beth and hardly. Obviously, someone big is going to meet Lucille at the end of this season and for some reason I don't think it will be Glen. He's escaped death too many times where it would be too obvious (plus the comic book thing). Daryl would cost them way too many viewers. Rick just can't. Carol is too intriguing. Do they dare kill off Maggie and her beautiful breasts? Is there a scenario where the baby dies and turns inside her?

Buckle up, kids.
I'm wondering if they aren't going to gloss over the whole thing which would be quite disappointing.

The only thing that leads me to believe this is the guy at the camp alluding to someone being beaten to death right in front of them "so they were clear right off that bat".

I wonder if they've decided they can't do it correctly on TV so Kirkman won't do it at all.

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

BSF21 wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Excellent start to the season and I know it's not really en vogue to love Rick but man do I love me some Rick. When the guy with the spear tells him to drop his gun..."I don't think I will." I also love how they're now making jokes about him always getting drenched in the blood of his enemies while everyone looks on in terror. He's all like "What?" They never saw someone have the entire contents of a jugular vein poured over their head?

Buckle up, kids.
I'm wondering if they aren't going to gloss over the whole thing which would be quite disappointing.

The only thing that leads me to believe this is the guy at the camp alluding to someone being beaten to death right in front of them "so they were clear right off that bat".

I wonder if they've decided they can't do it correctly on TV so Kirkman won't do it at all.
My money is on Daryl. AMC is developing a show around him.

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-de ... man-reedus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Hell of an episode the other night, huh?

I couldn't help but think how stupid it is to go attack another strong, well-armed group though. I understand Rick's logic, and he's probably right, that the Saviors would eventually come after them, but it seems like you could take the time to better fortify your position. An all out assault is likely to result in multiple, possibly all, deaths.

That said, that was some intense shit.

"The Saviors are scary. But those pricks have nothing on you."
Totally Kafkaesque
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Right? I thought for sure that they were going to dick around for a couple episodes before they attacked. Again though...not one of them even took a fucking bullet. Something bad is coming. My money is still on Maggie and even more so now that she's captured. It would be really dark but can anyone foresee a scenario where they'd have Maggie's belly meet Lucille and then the baby turning inside of her? That would be terrible but kind of awesome. Then Glenn kills Negan to avenge his comic book fate?
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Jerloma wrote:Right? I thought for sure that they were going to dick around for a couple episodes before they attacked. Again though...not one of them even took a fucking bullet. Something bad is coming. My money is still on Maggie and even more so now that she's captured. It would be really dark but can anyone foresee a scenario where they'd have Maggie's belly meet Lucille and then the baby turning inside of her? That would be terrible but kind of awesome. Then Glenn kills Negan to avenge his comic book fate?
If the baby eats his way out of Maggie, they deserve an Emmy.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Sigh. Cheap. I know this show has jumped a bit, but god dammit...you have to be better than that. It's not like you're still trying to build an audience.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I haven't kept up this season, but I know what is supposed to happen when Rick and co. meet Negan. I saw an article a week or two ago mentioning something about the bat scene possibly being a POV shot from the victim of the beating, and I wondered if they would use that to hide his/her identity as a cliffhanger. Is that what they actually did?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

rass wrote:I haven't kept up this season, but I know what is supposed to happen when Rick and co. meet Negan. I saw an article a week or two ago mentioning something about the bat scene possibly being a POV shot from the victim of the beating, and I wondered if they would use that to hide his/her identity as a cliffhanger. Is that what they actually did?
Yep. The beating was cheap too, given the POV, it wasn't nearly as brutal as I thought it would be. They'd better come strong in 701 or I'm done.

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I read that too but I didn't believe it. It's exactly what they did and it literally could be anyone except Carol or Morgan.