Promotions you are a sucker for

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

travzilla
Bunny Lebowski

Promotions you are a sucker for

Post by travzilla »

Hockey card giveaways.

McDonalds/Upper Deck used to always do this in the 90s/00s, but haven't for years. I was just thinking how much I missed these this summer when all of a sudden Tim Horton's takes it over and does the whole thing really, really well (in the sense that i've probably trippled or more my business there this month). I get my little 3-card pack, and then you also get a code for a digital version of the set, which you collect and redeem for prizes and stuff.

When I was informed the store I was at this morning had ran out, I'm pretty sure the girl could hear my disappointed eye roll through the drive thru speaker.

Others:
Bonus Air-miles at the Liquor Store.
Wing nights
mister d
The Dude

Re: Promotions you are a sucker for

Post by mister d »

Barnes & Noble's 20% off coupons. And to get free shipping, you need to tack on another book.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
travzilla
Bunny Lebowski

Post by travzilla »

mister d wrote:Barnes & Noble's 20% off coupons. And to get free shipping, you need to tack on another book.
Yeah I'm the same with Amazon. I guess they have a ton of data to know what price point to set their free shipping limit, because I'm always like $4 under it and end up finding something else to add to the cart.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

limited release beers. Not so much the "whales", though I will look for them, and not so much seasonals, but the one-off stuff. If I see them, I feel like I have to buy them in case they run out. Sometimes I think something will be limited, like when I first saw Grapefruit Sculpin, and 6 months later, every store has a stockpile they can't get rid of. When I first saw it, the shelve had the tag, but was empty. As I paid, they had a half-full six pack, and sold me a single bottle. I thought I got super lucky. The quality and quantity proved me wrong.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

'Free shipping for orders over $35,' and that's a policy, not a promotion. I do 95% of my non-grocery shopping on-line, so I don't get any perks. If I were offered free hockey cards, I would go shopping more often. One more reason to move to Canada, I guess.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

bapo! wrote:'Free shipping for orders over $35,' and that's a policy, not a promotion.

So true.

If I want to order a $20 book, I always end up spending double that just to save on shipping.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

Pruitt wrote:
bapo! wrote:'Free shipping for orders over $35,' and that's a policy, not a promotion.

So true.

If I want to order a $20 book, I always end up spending double that just to save on shipping.
I bought seven winter hats on a 90-degree day this summer. Most of them were deeply discounted, but still.

(I also bought a shower curtain as part of that order, and that greatly improved the quality of my life. Before that, every time I would take a shower, I would be reminded how disgusting my shower curtain was, but I kept forgetting to buy a new one. Then one day I lost my balance, and my face rubbed up against years of mold and mildew. Never again.)
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

bapo! wrote:raw
uncut
sweaty?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

rass wrote:
uncut
sweaty?
I'll show you my curtain if you show me your, uh, faucet.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:
uncut
sweaty?

What is a Goyim after a marathon masturbation session, Alex?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt