NFL Week 8

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 8

Post by Giff »

brian wrote:
Jerloma wrote:The last 2 days of local sports radio has been Patriot fans calling to talk about how overrated the Packers are.
I think you have to be some kind of a sadist to listen to sports talk radio in general. No idea how you can stomach it in New England.
I haven't listened to it since 2006 during the whole Mario Williams/Vince Young/Reggie Bush #1 pick debate here.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I just can't do it. I can't do it anywhere. The hosts are usually idiots, but the callers are worse. It makes me want to hate sports and I don't want to hate sports. That's also probably the reason this is the only sports message board I'm on.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I mostly do podcasts now. With no call-ins. I HATE call-ins. Say what you want about Mike and Mike, no morons calling in that make me want to purposely wreck the car.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

But if a non-moron called into Mike & Mike, you wouldn't have a moron speaking so that would be good, no?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote:I just can't do it. I can't do it anywhere. The hosts are usually idiots, but the callers are worse. It makes me want to hate sports and I don't want to hate sports. That's also probably the reason this is the only sports message board I'm on.
I am with you 100%.

I don't understand how intelligent people can subject themselves to year after year of the same thing over and over.

Do I really care what Barrie in Orillia thinks about the Raptors? Or that Vince in lackawanna thinks that Mario Williams is overrated?

Life is just too damn short.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:But if a non-moron called into Mike & Mike, you wouldn't have a moron speaking so that would be good, no?
I don't mind Mike & Mike, but I only listen on trips too short to bother with a book or podcast. I only listen to them for football, and I like their guest football analysts, even Chris Carter. I like Boomer, and Carton's schtick amuses me, mostly because I know people can't see through it and hate him.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

When it comes down to it, we're just all very good about not wasting our time listening to other people's sports opinions.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Being highly literate types, we instead read other peoples' sports opinions.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The Sybian wrote:I don't mind Mike & Mike, but I only listen on trips too short to bother with a book or podcast. I only listen to them for football, and I like their guest football analysts, even Chris Carter. I like Boomer, and Carton's schtick amuses me, mostly because I know people can't see through it and hate him.
Word? I always thought the audience as a whole was in on Carton, which is why they're listening to that show and not some sports-and-hot-chicks-(on-the-radio) idiot chatter hybrid show.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:
The Sybian wrote:I don't mind Mike & Mike, but I only listen on trips too short to bother with a book or podcast. I only listen to them for football, and I like their guest football analysts, even Chris Carter. I like Boomer, and Carton's schtick amuses me, mostly because I know people can't see through it and hate him.
Word? I always thought the audience as a whole was in on Carton, which is why they're listening to that show and not some sports-and-hot-chicks-(on-the-radio) idiot chatter hybrid show.
I've heard several people say they stopped listening to WFAN because Carton is such an asshole. One friend reluctantly came around to understand it's an act, but quickly defended his decision by saying it's not funny. Got in an argument with my Mother-in-Law about Carton. She refuses to believe it is an act. She became heated, and I tried not to laugh while trying to explain it. My FiL keeps it on, but he also thinks Carton is a jerk. I love when Boomer pretends to hate Carton, although sometimes I think Boomer is genuinely annoyed by him.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Brontoburglar wrote:Poor offensive line + Blaine Gabbert = incredible fun
Gabbert is looking surprisingly competent today.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian