Jeeves is a Thief - Home Security Systems

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Keg
The Big Lebowski

Jeeves is a Thief - Home Security Systems

Post by Keg »

Gents, I am looking to install an outdoor camera at my home. I don't really need any window/door sensors or sirens, so an ADT type system would be overkill. I only want a camera or two and maybe some online storage for video. Do any of you guys have something similar at home? Any suggestions?
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
Sabo
The Dude

Re: Jeeves is a Thief - Home Security Systems

Post by Sabo »

If you're a Costco member, they have several security camera systems for sale. I have no idea if any of them allow for online storage of video, though.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

Thanks Sabo. Looks like the cameras available at Costco all come with a hard drive, so online storage is not needed.

The Arlo system from Netgear comes with free online streaming and stores video online for up to 7 days. http://amzn.com/B00P7EVST6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am going to dig around a bit more...any other suggestions welcome.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I've been looking at getting one of the door cameras myself. I saw one yesterday that looked solid but I cannot for the life of me find it in my history. I might have been on my other computer I guess. I'll keep looking. I think it was a deal of the day from somewhere.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Keg wrote:Thanks Sabo. Looks like the cameras available at Costco all come with a hard drive, so online storage is not needed.

The Arlo system from Netgear comes with free online streaming and stores video online for up to 7 days. http://amzn.com/B00P7EVST6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am going to dig around a bit more...any other suggestions welcome.
I got one of those Costco cameras a few years ago. I'm not that worried about preserving the video, but it does seem that the memory fills up pretty fast. So if you can't get online storage, you may have to clear the memory relatively often.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I went to Costco yesterday and was looking at some home security cameras, specifically a set from Arlo. Has anyone ever used an Arlo camera system? If so, any pluses or minuses? I mostly want a camera with a two-way audio system for the front porch and a camera to look out over the back yard.

Thanks in advance.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!