2016 NFC Playoffs

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

2016 NFC Playoffs

Post by sancarlos »

So, watching the Green Bay/Minnesota game... would you rather play Seattle at home, or Washington on the road?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Re: 2016 NFC Playoffs

Post by brian »

I wouldn't sleep on Washington. I have no idea how, but they're playing really well right now. And Green Bay has looked like utter dogshit the last half of the season. Something's gotta be wrong with Rodgers, though I couldn't guess what.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I just got murdered in a season long confidence pool thanks to my stubborn refusal to see the packers for what they really are.

Have to agree that the Redskins have a really good shot at beating them.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Yeah but to answer the question, I still wouldn't play Seattle with Bea Arthur's dick
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Ryan wrote:Yeah but to answer the question, I still wouldn't play Seattle with Bea Arthur's dick
Yeah, agree.

I have vague memories of the Islanders during their glory years coasting for most of the season before getting it together at the end of the season and then killing teams in the playoffs. Closest thing I've seen too what goes on in Seattle from mid-november onwards. 36 or more points against three playoff teams. Absolute destructions of the Cards and the Vikings. 9-1 to end 2014, 6-1 to end 2015.

Unless they have to face the Rams in the playoffs, they look terrifying right now.

Is it time to anoint Pete Carroll as one of the great coaches in recent memory?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Ryan wrote:Yeah but to answer the question, I still wouldn't play Seattle with Bea Arthur's dick

His name is Pete Carroll, I thought you would know that
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Kinda odd Bea Arthur named her dick Pete Carroll. big USC fan maybe.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

It never quite ran when she needed it to
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

This board needs a Gold Star/Like feature if only for Ryan.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

brian wrote:I wouldn't sleep on Washington. I have no idea how, but they're playing really well right now. And Green Bay has looked like utter dogshit the last half of the season. Something's gotta be wrong with Rodgers, though I couldn't guess what.

You watched the first Lions/Packers game....NOBODY was open. And they kept running the same stupid plays over and over and they just did not work. I read today that Rodgers seems to struggle with a pure timing offense and gets flustered when things don't go well and I was like, yeah...that seems like there might be something to that.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Pruitt wrote:
Yeah, agree.

I have vague memories of the Islanders during their glory years coasting for most of the season before getting it together at the end of the season and then killing teams in the playoffs. Closest thing I've seen too what goes on in Seattle from mid-november onwards. 36 or more points against three playoff teams. Absolute destructions of the Cards and the Vikings. 9-1 to end 2014, 6-1 to end 2015.

Unless they have to face the Rams in the playoffs, they look terrifying right now.

Is it time to anoint Pete Carroll as one of the great coaches in recent memory?

I think so - he's great at getting the most out of pure athletes. And the draft is full of pure athletes. Whatever their system is seems to maximize their abilities - I love what he does out there. The defense is perhaps the NFL's simplest.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote:
brian wrote:I wouldn't sleep on Washington. I have no idea how, but they're playing really well right now. And Green Bay has looked like utter dogshit the last half of the season. Something's gotta be wrong with Rodgers, though I couldn't guess what.

You watched the first Lions/Packers game....NOBODY was open. And they kept running the same stupid plays over and over and they just did not work. I read today that Rodgers seems to struggle with a pure timing offense and gets flustered when things don't go well and I was like, yeah...that seems like there might be something to that.
I thought he is playing terribly because of Olivia Munn.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Gunpowder wrote:

Thing is it's the same offense they've been running since McCarthy has been there. Only major difference is some injuries at WR, but even that's not a great excuse since they started the season 5-0 without Nelson.

Maybe some of that was smoke and mirrors and some of the dogshit is some bad luck and a tougher second-half schedule, but there's no almost no excuse for Aaron Rodgers to be 31st in the league in YPA.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

brian wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:

Thing is it's the same offense they've been running since McCarthy has been there. Only major difference is some injuries at WR, but even that's not a great excuse since they started the season 5-0 without Nelson.

Maybe some of that was smoke and mirrors and some of the dogshit is some bad luck and a tougher second-half schedule, but there's no almost no excuse for Aaron Rodgers to be 31st in the league in YPA.

Yeah he fell off a cliff, for sure. But I mean, not a single guy got open in that game (well, maybe a few). It was horrendous.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

brian wrote:Maybe some of that was smoke and mirrors and some of the dogshit is some bad luck and a tougher second-half schedule, but there's no almost no excuse for Aaron Rodgers to be 31st in the league in YPA.

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Good call, when you're this dirty in the bedroom football takes a back seat to her...uh...back seat.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Is that from The Fappening, Johnnie?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

No, they're from nearly 4 years ago.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Prior to this year, the NFC East has been won by a team with fewer than 10 wins only twice, in 1982 by WAS (strike-shortened year) and 2011 by NYG. Both of those teams won the Super Bowl.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Forecast for Sunday's game in Minnesota? Cloudy, with a high of 4 degrees. Yikes.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote:Forecast for Sunday's game in Minnesota? Cloudy, with a high of 4 degrees. Yikes.
Wind chill near -20.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/weather-b ... 900153.htm
Weather conditions are expected to be so cold that the Vikings are suggesting fans in attendance bringStyrofoam, cardboard, and old newspapers to stand on in place of the freezing cold concrete. Blankets (nonelectric) are not only allowed but encouraged. Free hand-warmers will be distributed upon entry, and free coffee will be provided, too.
I've been to cold games - not quite this bad, but pretty brutal - and I can honestly say that I will never do it again. As exciting as NFL playoffs can be, nothing is worth that kind of agony.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I'll never forget that Bengals playoff game in the 80s. For whatever reason, we decided to celebrate the day by snowmobiling on my buddies property. That lasted about 3 minutes.

I think the windchill was something obscene that day, but I want to go try to dig up the number, because my 12 year old brain stored -40 and that seems unlikely.

ETA - Holy shit. I guess my pre-pubescent brain was fairly conservative. 1982 - Bengals v Chargers.. Air temp= -9; Wind chill= -59!!

Geez.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I lived at that time three miles from the stadium. I confirm it was unreal cold.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

yeah that '87 NLCS was brutal, in the upper deck of Candlestick. Particularly game 5 - the fog cut right through you.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

howard wrote:yeah that '87 NLCS was brutal, in the upper deck of Candlestick. Particularly game 5 - the fog cut right through you.
To continue the thread jack... Lots of Candlestick baseball games were horrible weather. I moved out to sunny California in '87, and was excited to go to a game there right after I arrived, with some new work acquaintances. I was a bit shocked at their advice, "bring your parka".
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:Forecast for Sunday's game in Minnesota? Cloudy, with a high of 4 degrees. Yikes.
Wind chill near -20.

Weather conditions are expected to be so cold that the Vikings are suggesting fans in attendance bringStyrofoam, cardboard, and old newspapers to stand on in place of the freezing cold concrete. Blankets (nonelectric) are not only allowed but encouraged. Free hand-warmers will be distributed upon entry, and free coffee will be provided, too.
I've been to cold games - not quite this bad, but pretty brutal - and I can honestly say that I will never do it again. As exciting as NFL playoffs can be, nothing is worth that kind of agony.
You know what's more exciting? Staying at home and watching the game on your 60" HiDef TV, for free, and being warm.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Pruitt wrote:
Wind chill near -20.

You know what's more exciting? Staying at home and watching the game on your 60" HiDef TV, for free, and being warm.
Better beer too. A fine local ale for $3 sure beats watery (or icy) Budweiser for $11.

And last time I checked, my washroom doesn't have an inch of frozen piss on the floor.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:
Pruitt wrote:
Wind chill near -20.

Better beer too. A fine local ale for $3 sure beats watery (or icy) Budweiser for $11.

And last time I checked, my washroom doesn't have an inch of frozen piss on the floor.
Figured that was maybe why you were frustrated with your wife.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:
Pruitt wrote:
Wind chill near -20.

Not yet!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I may be getting old, but the bathroom floor is heated.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos wrote:
howard wrote:yeah that '87 NLCS was brutal, in the upper deck of Candlestick. Particularly game 5 - the fog cut right through you.
To continue the thread jack... Lots of Candlestick baseball games were horrible weather. I moved out to sunny California in '87, and was excited to go to a game there right after I arrived, with some new work acquaintances. I was a bit shocked at their advice, "bring your parka".
As a kid, we went to tons of night games at Candlestick. We used to break out the ski gear for them. Somewhere I had a handful of the old "Croix de Candlestick" pins that they gave out after extra-inning night games.

Night games at Oakland Coliseum were much more enjoyable.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Marshawn didn't make the flight yesterday. His agent is reporting that he practiced all week, but didn't show "explosiveness".

I'm wondering if they made the decision to hold him out, thinking that a first game back after 3 months in 0 degree weather is a hamstring or groin pull just waiting to happen.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

DaveInSeattle wrote:I'm wondering if they made the decision to hold him out, thinking that a first game back after 3 months in 0 degree weather is a hamstring or groin pull just waiting to happen.
No, more likely so no one will question Carroll when he wants to throw on 2nd-and-goal from the 1.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

It's cooooooooooold!!
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

degenerasian wrote:It's cooooooooooold!!
How can you tell? Have Michaels or Collinsworth even mentioned it?

You would think low snaps never happen above freezing.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Something that will bother only me about that Bud Light 50 ad--it appears to show Phil Simms throwing a touchdown pass to Stephen Baker...which never happened. That was two different games against different teams with different quarterbacks. The heck would you do that for?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Bennett is great but Matt Kalil looks like a turnstile today.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Bennett's NBC intro should have been included among the Minnesota backfield.
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

They should have punted. It's not embarrassing to punt from the 30
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

degenerasian wrote:They should have punted. It's not embarrassing to punt from the 30
If the ball would have went into the end zone Minnesota would have gotten it in pretty much the same spot they did anyway. I hope you're joking.