The Glass In My Foot

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: The Glass In My Foot

Post by mister d »

Good luck and if something truly insane happens please have someone there to write it down for us.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

You can do the wedding. Get some strong drugs and power through. We’re all counting on you.

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I got married in front of a lake in Maryland. And moments before the ceremony, a buddy of mine from college leaned in and said, "don't forget to bend at the knee..you don't want to lock up and fall into the lake."

So, Jerloma, keep that in mind.
Noli Timere Messorem
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:59 pm You can do the wedding. Get some strong drugs and power through. We’re all counting on you.

Solid choice of video. Yesterday was the 41st anniversary of Ted Striker saving that flight.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:14 am
sancarlos wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:59 pm You can do the wedding. Get some strong drugs and power through. We’re all counting on you.

Solid choice of video. Yesterday was the 41st anniversary of Ted Striker saving that flight.
Spoiler alert!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Tom 1860
Jesus Quintana

Post by Tom 1860 »

Steve from Clairton PA writes, "Meh"
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

EnochRoot wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:12 am I got married in front of a lake in Maryland. And moments before the ceremony, a buddy of mine from college leaned in and said, "don't forget to bend at the knee..you don't want to lock up and fall into the lake."

So, Jerloma, keep that in mind.
My niece, who was about 7 or 8 at the time, fainted during the ceremony when she was a flower girl for my sister's wedding.

Did I give the guy who was officiating a bad time about it for years afterward? You know that I did.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Speaking of foot... today, while wearing flip-flops, I was moving a patio umbrella, and the concrete base fell out and dropped onto my big toe. Ouch. Still hurts.

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Fucking spoiler that shit!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Oooof SanCarlos.

Make sure you get that real clean. Looks deep and infection prone on your foot.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I love cleaning up broken glass, especially if I’m not the one who broke it. I’m always confident I’ve gotten everything and I don’t at all worry about the nightmare scenario of a kid stepping on a missed piece and having it stuck deep in their foot. If that did happen, they would be calm while I used a steady hand and tweezers to quickly and painlessly remove it. I am serene. I am at peace.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

One of my biggest pet peeves.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Sorry man, hang in there.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

My wife has been dealing with a foot issue for about 6 weeks. WEnt to the doctor and they looked at it, biopsied a spot and said all good, just a "mass similar to plantar fascia that would probably work itself loose. Today she pulled a piece of glass out of her foot and, shockingly, immediateley feels better.

So we are suing for malpractice and moving to Bora Bora. Come visit!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The dirty secret of med mal is that run of the mill pain and suffering is not a case. Now, if she had lost her foot...
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This is a top 5 least favorite thread.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:05 am The dirty secret of med mal is that run of the mill pain and suffering is not a case. Now, if she had lost her foot...
Lawyers and their dream killing.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Good bump.

Just got billed yesterday for a podiatrist visit from the very end of 2021. Going to have to pay almost $200 for my custom orthotics but they got me running regularly again so worth it (and it looks like the original hit was $450).
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:05 am The dirty secret of med mal is that run of the mill pain and suffering is not a case. Now, if she had lost her foot...
And the even dirtier secret is that if you are on the plaintiff side, you end up rooting for the client to lose her foot.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:21 am
And the even dirtier secret is that if you are on the plaintiff side, you end up rooting for the client to lose her foot.
I mean...no? But also, IF that happened, well...
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

You see, you didnt get totally fucked up. Its just that youll enjoy your shortened life less. And need to pay for ongoing treatment to address their shoddy medical work. So you are worthless to me.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

HaulCitgo wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:45 pm You see, you didnt get totally fucked up. Its just that youll enjoy your shortened life less. And need to pay for ongoing treatment to address their shoddy medical work. So you are worthless to me.
Well, if we're lucky, they'll enjoy the rest of their life less enough that they're not worthless.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

I like slam dunks. And anything my joint representation attorneys like. But they like slam dunks too.

Meaning I get client to get records and send to lady that reviews for someone else to tell me they don't want it.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I might need a separate thread for the thorn in my thumb. Shooting around with my daughter and a former teammate yesterday and she managed to fire a shot through the net above the fence behind the goal. Went into some crazy weeds, it was like going through a jungle. Couldn't see more than a foot in front, and lots of the weeds had thorns. Got most of them out, a couple still lodged, but the one in my thumb has a giant pus bubble surrounding it. Can't get this damned thing out! Dug a hole and the pus all drained, but thorn didn't budge. According to the internet, making a paste with baking soda and water somehow causes a splinter to come to the surface. Sounds odd, but I'll try anything at this point.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Maybe try getting a backup basketball.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:59 pm Maybe try getting a backup basketball.
Soccer ball. And I have a backup now, found a second one while I was in there. Brand new, high quality and no name on it! My daughter has lost so many at that field or stolen at practices that I have no guilt keeping it. If it had a name on it, I'd track down the owner... I'm sure she'll lose it soon anyways.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Who has two thumbs and steals balls from little kids? This gu- OW FUCK!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:11 am Who has two thumbs and steals balls from little kids? This gu- OW FUCK!
My daughter thinks I’ll be down to one thumb in a day or two. Size 5 ball, so at least 12 years old. Probably an adult with how far back it was and no name on the ball. At least that’s what I tell myself to ease the guilt.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

My view on it is that soccer balls at a training facilty/field are roughly equivalent to finding golf balls. Unless it's obvious that it belongs to someone, it's going in my bag and I have zero qualms to give.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:43 am My view on it is that soccer balls at a training facilty/field are roughly equivalent to finding golf balls. Unless it's obvious that it belongs to someone, it's going in my bag and I have zero qualms to give.
What was really frustrating when I couldn't find the ball was seeing 5 lacrosse balls and a baseball. I left those at the edge of the field.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Apropos of abolutely nothing, but on the far side of DU's lax field they have a drainage ditch that is (I guess) eco-friendly, as it has standing water and grass and other vegetation.

So, nobody's going in that swampy ass water, apparently, because there are literally hundreds of lax balls sitting in the ditch/easement pond.

Just found that to be very odd design.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:43 am My view on it is that soccer balls at a training facilty/field are roughly equivalent to finding golf balls. Unless it's obvious that it belongs to someone, it's going in my bag and I have zero qualms to give.
Yes. Absolutely fair game. If you are lucky and on a small field perhaps you can retrieve your ball from a bin after the same day redemption period. But that's for balls inside the gate or treeline. In the woods is good if the owner is gone. Deep in the woods is yours unless you get confronted before the car door closes.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:35 pm Apropos of abolutely nothing, but on the far side of DU's lax field they have a drainage ditch that is (I guess) eco-friendly, as it has standing water and grass and other vegetation.

So, nobody's going in that swampy ass water, apparently, because there are literally hundreds of lax balls sitting in the ditch/easement pond.

Just found that to be very odd design.
That is surprising based on Tierney's reputation. Figured he would be on his players' asses after practice ball hunts. In college we had a hill that was overgrown and see snakes. We were constantly walking in their for balls. If the bucket was not to the top we were doing extra sprints until it was full.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Made some angel hair pasta last night and left the tongs sitting out for too long afterward with a couple of strands stuck to them which dried up and couldn't easily be removed and rather than letting them soak or just tossing them in the dishwasher and hoping for the best I started trying to chip the pasta off with my left thumb and hit it at a bad angle and I think I have like 1/4 of an inch of pasta stuck under my thumbnail and it feels like I was subjected to a low-cost medieval Italian torture method.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This has been driving me insane for the last hour.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:24 am Made some angel hair pasta last night and left the tongs sitting out for too long afterward with a couple of strands stuck to them which dried up and couldn't easily be removed and rather than letting them soak or just tossing them in the dishwasher and hoping for the best I started trying to chip the pasta off with my left thumb and hit it at a bad angle and I think I have like 1/4 of an inch of pasta stuck under my thumbnail and it feels like I was subjected to a low-cost medieval Italian torture method.
That sounds horrible. But, on the positive side - very well described!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

sancarlos wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:48 pm
rass wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:24 am Made some angel hair pasta last night and left the tongs sitting out for too long afterward with a couple of strands stuck to them which dried up and couldn't easily be removed and rather than letting them soak or just tossing them in the dishwasher and hoping for the best I started trying to chip the pasta off with my left thumb and hit it at a bad angle and I think I have like 1/4 of an inch of pasta stuck under my thumbnail and it feels like I was subjected to a low-cost medieval Italian torture method.
That sounds horrible. But, on the positive side - very well described!
Lol.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Getting very red and swollen, heading to doc.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

An anxious Swamp Nation awaits word...
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

God I hope we're still talking about the fingernail thing.