MLB 2016--April

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Ryan
The Dude

Re: MLB 2016--April

Post by Ryan »

Epstein: I was going to call the players involved. I went into my phone, J-o-s-h. J-o-s-h B. I was going to call Josh Bard and tell him he was traded — which is never a fun call to make. So I called him, I clearly woke Josh up. I said, “Hey man, it’s Theo. This is a tough call to make, but we made a trade and I have to let you know that you’re in it.” And he goes, “Really?!” I said, “Yeah, we felt like we needed to get somebody in here who has experience catching Wakefield.” He goes, “Theo, Theo, Theo. This is Josh Beckett. You sure you traded me?” I called the wrong Josh B. in my phone.
http://www.hardballtimes.com/the-doug-m ... l-history/
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Didn't feel like starting a May thread for this, but Bryce Harper is getting PAID.

Highest endorsement deal in MLB history. No figures, but given that benchmark, gotta assume it's at least nine figures. Add that to his other deals (Gatorade, etc.) and the likely $400M deal he'll get from the Yankees (or someone) in a couple years and then the deal after that if he stays healthy and he might be the first baseball player to earn a billion dollars. (A-Rod might have come close, but he never made very much from endorsement deals and that well has dried up of course.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I know this will all come crashing down soon, but holy fuck, it's not fair what the Cubs are doing to the rest of the league so far.

If they spotted their opponents an extra three runs in every game, they would still have the fourth-best record in the majors. Their Pythag record is better than the 1984 Tigers at this point.

It's gonna suck when they get swept by the Mets in the Division Series.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Ryan wrote:If you don't count Opening Day, I bet it's pretty hard to find even a worthy runner-up. Although I'm looking at just debuts, not any call-up.

David Wright and Grady Sizemore is a cool one.
JD Drew and Eric Chavez
AJ Pierzynski and Corey Koskie (together)
mister d wrote:Man, that first pair. I'm gonna go cry for a bit.
And cry some more today.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d's front page jinx?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.