The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - HAULCITGO is on the clock

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - GIFF is on the clock

Post by Giff »

With the 4th pick in the Offical 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft, Giff selects on behalf of America's team Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
blundercrush
Brandt

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - RASS is on the clock

Post by blundercrush »

I'll handle Seattle.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

blundercrush wrote:I'll handle Seattle.
Thanks. You're on the list.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Jags have put some serious money into their defense this offseason, but are still looking on that side of the ball. They would have thought about Bosa, but since he's gone, and they haven't shored up their LB corp via free agency, they'll take a chance on a knee of unknown quality.

With 5th pick in the Swamp NFL Mock draft, the Jacksonville Jagwires select Myles David Jack, OLB, UCLA.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - BFJ is on the clock

Post by bfj »

Lots of need on this team that went 5-11 last season. Since I'm the GM, I want to protect my QB who just had a knee blown out. With the 6th pick, the Baltimore Ravens select OT Laremy Tunsil from Ole Miss.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
sancarlos
The Dude

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - SANCARLOS is on the clock

Post by sancarlos »

The 49ers select Oregon defensive end DeForest Buckner!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - HaulCitgo is on the clock

Post by HaulCitgo »

Really like Elliott here but just cant do it. Seems to do more than run it but the evaluation is colored because he comes from a big time program. RB just not the way to go for a new coach/GM combo revamping a defense. Fla CB has been making plays against NFL wideouts for a while in Gainesville.

So... with the eighth pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Fla.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - AB is on the clock

Post by A_B »

Outside of three lopsided losses, the Bucs were pretty competitive last year. Obviously they've filled the need at QB with Winston, and the offense proved it could score points but remained inconsistent. A couple of close losses could have gone either way, so the need seems to be on the defensive side to hopefully keep opponents from scoring while simultaneously hoping that the offense with Winston continues to grow and become more effective in year two.

Defensives these days lack punch without a good edge rusher so that's the focus at this spot in the draft because you don't mind selecting a guy highly if he can get consistent pressure on the QB. With Bosa and Buckner off the board the most obvious candidates are Shaq Lawson from Clemson and Noah Spence from Eastern Kentucky (and tOSU). However, questions about Lawson's size and Spence's character remain. Ideally the bucs would find a trade partner and move down a few steps where both Lawson and Spence would likely be available.

However, we aren't doing that, so while it's probably a bit of a reach at 9, the Buccaneers go with the speed and athleticism of DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
duff
Donny

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - DUFF is on the clock

Post by duff »

After spending big on the defense this off season, the Giants need to shore up their O-Line.

With the 10th pick of the Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft, the NY football team Giants select Ronnie Stanley from the University of Notre Dame.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - DSAFETYGUY is on the clock

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Chicago Bears select Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Defensively, the Saints were awful last year. The defensive line was especially weak, as they couldn't stop the run and couldn't rush the QB.

Since the Bears snatched up the Saints' preferred pick (Sheldon Rankins), they'll have to look at a pass rusher instead.

The Saints select Leonard Floyd, OLB/DE, Georgia.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - BRONTOBURGLAR is on the clock

Post by Brontoburglar »

Dolphins take Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
sancarlos
The Dude

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - PRUITT is on the clock

Post by sancarlos »

Didn't somebody (Jerloma? SL?) use to give draft grades on the selections? I miss that.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Raiders take Reggie Ragland, ILB Alabama.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I think Titans look for help for Mariotta, and are not worried about Laquon Treadwell's 40 time, looking instead at his game speed.

At 15, Titans take Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss WR.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos wrote:Didn't somebody (Jerloma? SL?) use to give draft grades on the selections? I miss that.
Yeah, I used to obsess over the draft. I could tell you what these guys ate for breakfast. Now not so much.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
A_B
The Dude

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - BRIAN is on the clock

Post by A_B »

AB's MID ROUND DRAFT GRADE REPORT!

1. Los Angeles - Rams Fanny - Jared Goff, QB, Cal - OK pick, should probably change his first name before he signs the endorsement deal with Subway, though. B+

2. Cleveland - Sabo - Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State - When you have the chance to draft a guy nobody had heard of until two months ago you have to take it. No apparent truth to the rumors that he raped a bison on the ND plains. C-

3. San Diego - AB - Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State - Smartest pick of draft so far. This is an imaginary GM with his head screwed on straight. A++++++

4. Dallas - Giff - Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State - The real question here is "Is Joey Bosa OK as a football player?" I say yes. A-

5. Jacksonville - rass - Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA - Myles Jack seems like a nice young Englishman, so he will fit right in when the Jags move to London - B+

6. Baltimore - bfj - Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss - Supposedly great at at dealing with fast cutting defensive players, which will serve him well in Baltimore. A

7. San Francisco - Sancarlos - DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon - Dammit, Sancarlos, he's a Linebacker not a DE! No Bones about it. B-

8. Philadelphia (from Miami) - HaulCitgo - Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida - Who names their kid Vernon in this day and age? D-

9. Tampa Bay - AB - Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson - Another home run by a smart fictional GM. Just brilliant. A++++++

10. N.Y. Giants - Duff - Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame - Two First names is never a bad thing. A-

11. Chicago - DSafetyGuy - Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville - Can neither confirm nor deny Rankins's appearance at Minardi Hall with basketball team. Docked from being from Loserville - F-

12. New Orleans - Sabo - Leonard Floyd, OLB/DE, Georgia - Pick a position already, douchebag. D+

13. Miami (from Philadelphia) - brontoburglar - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State - Midriff game strong. B+

14. Oakland - Pruitt - Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama - IN his spare time, Ragland finds and feeds puppies....to bears. Will fit in with Oakland B+

15. Tennessee - tennbengal - Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss - Lack of speed generally attributed to having one foot not 100% connected to his leg. D
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Sabo wrote:Defensively, the Saints were awful last year. The defensive line was especially weak, as they couldn't stop the run and couldn't rush the QB.

Since the Bears snatched up the Saints' preferred pick (Sheldon Rankins), they'll have to look at a pass rusher instead.

The Saints select Leonard Floyd, OLB/DE, Georgia.

That's my longshot hopeful to get to the Steelers. I LOVE Floyd. He's Randy Gregory brought up in a 3-4 with well-refined rush moves.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

BTW I'm at a conference in Ft Worth but I'll try to get to the internet when I can...if someone can text me when I'm up it may speed this along.

Ft. Worth is cool as hell. I love this city.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Gunpowder wrote:BTW I'm at a conference in Ft Worth but I'll try to get to the internet when I can...if someone can text me when I'm up it may speed this along.

Ft. Worth is cool as hell. I love this city.
PM me your cell phone number and I'll text you.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I have it. I'll do it.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Jerloma wrote:I have it. I'll do it.
Thank you, sir.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The NFL expert mocks have him going in the second and third round and shit, but the hell with it. If I'm the Lions fake GM I'm taking the best player available and arguably the best player in the draft.

That's Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss. Guessing his career is more like Warren Sapp's than Johnny Football's.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - JERLOMA is on the clock

Post by Jerloma »

With the 17th pick, the Atlanta Falcons select Linebacker, the Ohio State University, Darron Lee.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Gunpowder wrote:Ft. Worth is cool as hell. I love this city.
Agreed.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Giff wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:Ft. Worth is cool as hell. I love this city.
Agreed.
I lived in Arlington and worked in Fort worth for 2 1/2 years in the mid-1980s, before most of you kids were out of elementary school. It was a lot of fun to be there at that point in my life. I was young, single and at my first decent-paying professional job. I remember a fun bar called "Billy Miner's". Wonder if that is still there? The old cowtown district had some great bars, too. Bars, friends and girls are the main things I remember, there.
duff
Donny

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - DUFF is on the clock

Post by duff »

Really would have like to pick up Nkemdiche if Brian hadn't fucked that up.

so instead,

The Colts select OT Jason Spriggs from Indiana Universtiy and Concord High School. Had to pick the local kid over the other two B10 tackles on the board, because you know, this isn't real.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The one day playoff bound Buffalo Bills take Taylor Decker, Tackle. The Ohio State University.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: The Official 2016 Swamp NFL Mock Draft - GUNPOWDER is on the clock

Post by Gunpowder »

These other random nobody qbs go one two and paxton lynch doesn't? Because some guy from North fuckin Dakota is so much more polished? The jets aren't falling for Fitzpatricks mirage year, using as a case study "the time buffalo paid Ryan Fitzpatrick after a good stretch". We'll take lynch, sign hoyer and go from there.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Well, maybe it's time to redo the mock draft.

The Browns have traded with the Eagles. Eagles get the Browns' first-round pick in 2016 and fourth-rounder in 2017. Browns get Eagles first, third and fourth rounders in 2016 and first and second rounders in 2017.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Redskins, despite making the playoffs, may or may not be any good. The NFC east blew goats. They were also hoping Nkemdiche would slide to this position but alas, he didn't make it this far. Still, it seems to be a pretty deep year for defensive talent along the lines, and the chance to snag an ALabama lineman at 21 is too good to pass up, especially one graded higher than every other DLinemean already taken except for Bosa and Buckner.

The Redskins select A'Shawn Robinson, DE, Alabama Crimson Tide
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Sabo wrote:Well, maybe it's time to redo the mock draft.

The Browns have traded with the Eagles. Eagles get the Browns' first-round pick in 2016 and fourth-rounder in 2017. Browns get Eagles first, third and fourth rounders in 2016 and first and second rounders in 2017.
Goddamn, DePodesta. That's a massive haul. Fuck.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote:

I love it. Exactly what needed to happen.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Philly loves themselves some Carson Wentz I guess. Can't deny hoping it blows up in their face.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I imagine this trade will make Flyers fans even greater assholes for tonight's game.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B wrote:I love it. Exactly what needed to happen.
Dammit, I can't find a 2011 NFL offseason/draft thread in old/nu-Swamp...
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Have the Jets even given up on Geno? I can see not wanting to mess with Fitz's mojo last season after Geno came back from injury but wasn't that dude playing awesome football at the end of 14?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote:
tennbengal wrote:

I love it. Exactly what needed to happen.
Did the Rams and Eagles both lose their minds?

eta: I think this might fuck the 49ers' plans. It didn't happen in our mock draft, but I think they were really hoping that either Wentz or Goff would fall to them at #7. For sure it won't happen, now.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Houston Texans select WR Corey Coleman, Baylor
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Despite the Browns haul, they could still be in tank mode to try and get DeShaun Watson next year. He's better than either Goff or Wentz. That's a real win-win for them. Pick up some pieces this year, but don't win too many games and get the #1 overall pick next year. Could be very good by 2018 with that plan.