The Dude

Re: Prince

Post by Rex »

Too soon, man

howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Yeah, I almost went with the Terry Kath reference. But I don't think he was playing roulette. The version I heard was he was fucking around with a couple of handguns, dry-firing them. He removed the clip from one, neglecting the round in the chamber, and uttered the great final words, "don't worry, it's not loaded."

From the same performance, more shredding. And appropriate, because his solo here makes you think Prince must've listened carefully to Kath:

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:OK--I didn't hate Prince, but I seem to be the least affected by this of just about anyone I know.
I got you beat. Been meaning to read past page one of this thread, didn't get around to it until now.

I always knew Prince was placed in legendary status, but I was still really surprised by the outpouring over his death. The only music I know of his is the stuff that got radio play in the 80s and 90s like Purple Rain, Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette... What is with all the colors in his titles? I know he produced a lot of albums, wrote a lot of hits and is a huge influence, but I have no idea what he's produced, written or what he has done in the last 15-20 years. I don't doubt his talent at all, but his pop stuff is annoying and the whole "Artist Formerly Known As" symbol thing is the height of douchiness. May God bless his soul, rest in peace.

As for Chyna, am I the only one who conflates Chyna with Lucy Lawless?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt