Swamp Returns!

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Shirley
The Dude

Swamp Returns!

Post by Shirley »

Hey y'all!

Now that we are back up and running, I want to give a quick summary of what happened.

Sabo gave me a heads up early Saturday that the site was down, replaced with that This Account Has Been Suspended page. I was also unable to log into the website's admin panel.

Our site is hosted by a company called A Small Orange. Unfortunately, while I have a login to get into the site administration panel, the business/customer support account is still tied to jpops' email. I can't even submit a trouble ticket with them.

I reached out to jpops on email and by phone on Saturday, but wasn't able to catch up with him until Sunday morning. He submitted a trouble ticket with ASO then.

I didn't hear back from jpops again until this morning when he replied to my text asking for status. At that point, he was able to get ASO on a live chat and found out what happened. Apparently, they flagged our account as having an old, insecure version of Wordpress that left us open to being compromised and could be used to send out spam. It's not clear to me if we actually DID send out spam or if they just think we could. I'm not sure it's really possible, since we redirect traffic to our phpbb page.

Anyway, they turned us back on at that point. I asked jpops, and he never receive any sort of warning that this was going to happen - or a message saying that it HAD happened.

One good thing is that jpops was able to add me to the ASO account, so I should now have more access to them and can submit tickets, bitch at them, etc. In fact, I think I am going to bitch that they killed our site without warning and didn't respond to our request about it until 48 hours had passed. That's ridiculous.
Totally Kafkaesque
Ryan
The Dude

Re: Swamp Returns!

Post by Ryan »

Thanks for efforting.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Yeah.

And if JPops is really paying out of pocket for the Swamp account or whatever, I'd be more than happy to kick in for that (assuming someone else goes to the trouble to make arrangements to collect money and reimburse him hey I have my limits).
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

rass wrote:And if JPops is really paying out of pocket for the Swamp account or whatever, I'd be more than happy to kick in for that (assuming someone else goes to the trouble to make arrangements to collect money and reimburse him hey I have my limits).
Seconded.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Yeah, my original guess was that we had not paid, but that isn't the case. Jpops paid the last bill himself and we're good through next November. The previous year, we paid him back via our PayPal fund (I believe run by dsafetyguy). Jpops said he was happy to be our anonymous benefactor though.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Yea, I can give money to The Swamp Fund. It's money for swamp people.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I would prefer to wait to run another pledge drive for the Swamp. We still have over $550 in the account (it only took the second try to remember the right password!). If Pops wants reimbursement, just let me know.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Fuck JPops. Clearly this was all his fault. Fuck him in the ass with that money.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Rush's alternative swamp was up. But only three of us went over there. http://rush2112frog.proboards.com/board ... ic-bugaloo
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

howard wrote:Rush's alternative swamp was up. But only three of us went over there. http://rush2112frog.proboards.com/board ... ic-bugaloo

Sorry, I was in the metropolis of Hayden, CO for the weekend. Sad I missed out on the in depth lesser sport talk.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I must have checked a dozen times. Glad it's all worked out.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Testing. Testing...
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote:Testing. Testing...
Testes. Testes. 1, 2....3?